Wilder willing to return?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fact remains that our record signing, the one which Wilder forced the Board to make, is a 20 odd million pound lad that's not good enough to always be on our bench. A signing which has put the club in a financial position which means we're struggling to sign players despite having parachute payments.

It was apparently like spending his own money. Which it is with the settlement he got.

Anyone watching MOTD2 have a little giggle at Wilder speaking about Norwich spending?

The fact remains that our record signing, the one which Wilder forced the Board to make, is a 20 odd million pound lad that's not good enough to always be on our bench. A signing which has put the club in a financial position which means we're struggling to sign players despite having parachute payments.

It was apparently like spending his own money. Which it is with the settlement he got.
And while we are at it, how do you know Wilder forced the board to make a record signing?

IF we lose to forest & Blackburn is does Slav get sacked? Not many manager would survive that, I don’t think it’s the right decision by the way…just curious to how The Prince reacts
Pay off most paid manager in division(or one of). That's not happening, I'm not sure why people want him gone tbh.

Is this the same Chris Wilder who has given us the best football we have seen at Bramall Lane in the last 30 years ? or a different one.

You do realise that of the last 30 seasons only 7 have been spent in the top flight ? Yet you think we should be competing with Chelsea, Man City and Leicester.

Our first season back in the championship with Chris Wilder I remember Fulham getting promoted to the PL.

Spending £ 100 million on players and going straight back down.

We used to laugh at Wednesday spunking 10/15 million on Rhodes ....

What people forget is that when a player gets a big transfer he also gets a big signing on fee and a juicy contract, this causes many players to take their eyes off the ball.

Anyone recall how many goals Leon Clarke scored for us after we gave him a new contract and he bought himself a Bentley or some such.

Yet we always blame the manager, or the owners for not paying enough in wages.

There can only be a certain number of teams in the 'top 6' of the PL, who do you think we should replace to gain our 'rightful' position ?

IF we lose to forest & Blackburn is does Slav get sacked? Not many manager would survive that, I don’t think it’s the right decision by the way…just curious to how The Prince reacts
Slav is here for 2 years or he loses his work permit and I doubt the Prince can afford another big compo payment so he isn't getting sacked. The only way he leaves is if a big European team comes for him which is not going to happen. We and Slav have to make the best of a shit hand we have been dealt.

Is this the same Chris Wilder who has given us the best football we have seen at Bramall Lane in the last 30 years ? or a different one.

You do realise that of the last 30 seasons only 7 have been spent in the top flight ? Yet you think we should be competing with Chelsea, Man City and Leicester.

Our first season back in the championship with Chris Wilder I remember Fulham getting promoted to the PL.

Spending £ 100 million on players and going straight back down.

We used to laugh at Wednesday spunking 10/15 million on Rhodes ....

What people forget is that when a player gets a big transfer he also gets a big signing on fee and a juicy contract, this causes many players to take their eyes off the ball.

Anyone recall how many goals Leon Clarke scored for us after we gave him a new contract and he bought himself a Bentley or some such.

Yet we always blame the manager, or the owners for not paying enough in wages.

There can only be a certain number of teams in the 'top 6' of the PL, who do you think we should replace to gain our 'rightful' position ?
Have you quoted the right post?

Pay off most paid manager in division(or one of). That's not happening, I'm not sure why people want him gone tbh.
Because we have a section of our fanbase (mostly of a certain age) who are uncomfortable with this style of football, especially when it doesn't instantly produce results.

I only have to listen to the comments around me every week. The ones getting on players backs for keeping possession and screaming 'forrud' every time someone goes sideways or back are 50 odd and beyond.

There's no patience to see this through and give the manager a bit of time. You only have to look at Saturday how many went ridiculously OTT about how poor it was.

The first hour was a joy to watch bar not scoring.

I've yet to hear a single one of these fans propose either a different style and approach, or different manager, that would offer a better chance of moving forward.

I'm certain some would see us go down the route of sacking a manager every few months.

Slav is here for 2 years or he loses his work permit and I doubt the Prince can afford another big compo payment so he isn't getting sacked. The only way he leaves is if a big European team comes for him which is not going to happen. We and Slav have to make the best of a shit hand we have been dealt.
Yep I agree with everyone that’s responded saying ‘no’ by the way. It literally doesn’t solve anything by sacking him, it’s the players that need changing for us and their own careers.

What would watford owners do right now 🤣

The problem for Slav is that if we don't do it this year, which looks incredibly unlikely already, then next season there's a good chance Norwich and Newcastle will take 2 of the spots. The 3 relegated teams last season were all pretty weak. I don't see that being the case next season.

Because we have a section of our fanbase (mostly of a certain age) who are uncomfortable with this style of football, especially when it doesn't instantly produce results.

I only have to listen to the comments around me every week. The ones getting on players backs for keeping possession and screaming 'forrud' every time someone goes sideways or back are 50 odd and beyond.

There's no patience to see this through and give the manager a bit of time. You only have to look at Saturday how many went ridiculously OTT about how poor it was.

The first hour was a joy to watch bar not scoring.

I've yet to hear a single one of these fans propose either a different style and approach, or different manager, that would offer a better chance of moving forward.

I'm certain some would see us go down the route of sacking a manager every few months.
I agree to an extent …

I think we have the right man for the job. Moreover I think if given time, the proper backing and made to feel wanted he could be the man to change our DNA.

We could go from ‘little old Sheff Utd’ to a team that are taken seriously with a great style of play and attractive to players of a higher calibre.

Look at the calibre of back room staff brought in.

Change is messy and progress comes in different forms so to expect instant results is unfair.

Where I disagree is that I think our players do overthink, play it safe and don’t take certain opportunities that present themselves which is frustrating.

I agree to an extent …

I think we have the right man for the job. Moreover I think if given time, the proper backing and made to feel wanted he could be the man to change our DNA.

We could go from ‘little old Sheff Utd’ to a team that are taken seriously with a great style of play and attractive to players of a higher calibre.

Look at the calibre of back room staff brought in.

Change is messy and progress comes in different forms so to expect instant results is unfair.

Where I disagree is that I think our players do overthink, play it safe and don’t take certain opportunities that present themselves which is frustrating.

What's so good about the backroom staff? Mostly they are ex Watford and Fulham, one had a stint at Valencia another a stint at West ham and AC Milan maybe if they were so good they would still be in Italy or Spain rather than freezing their balls off in a force 8 gale up Shirecliffe. Being foreign doesn't automatically make them high calibre, maybe they need the support of a defensive coach eh.

What's so good about the backroom staff? Mostly they are ex Watford and Fulham, one had a stint at Valencia another a stint at West ham and AC Milan maybe if they were so good they would still be in Italy or Spain rather than freezing their balls off in a force 8 gale up Shirecliffe. Being foreign doesn't automatically make them high calibre, maybe they need the support of a defensive coach eh.
West Ham, Watford, Fulham, AC Milan are all better than us currently —- but that’s a mute point. You can see how he’s trying to change how we do things and that’s a good thing —- change is hard but needed if we are ever going to be anything more than mid-champ.

Back
Top Bottom