Wilder willing to return?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pretty accurate from what I've heard too.

Wilder didn't just jump ship as it was rough. He did want to go again next season.
Manouvred out is v.much part of the reason.

Princes interview was designed to get some of the flak off him. Worked a bit too.
Not necessarily a bad thing either but I wouldn't accept everything he says at face value. After all he made out he had no idea Chris was unhappy with the situation.

He knew in January CW was unhappy. Chris had spoken to Bettis.

"Then after we lost to [Crystal] Palace at the beginning of January, Stephen called me and told me Chris wanted to resign"

Anyone who doesn't want Chris Wilder back as things stand right now, must be mental. We have the under 23 manager in charge, who has served up some right bobbar, and we haven't got a clue who else could come in. The club is on the brink (if not already in) turmoil and Chris Wilder would be just about the most perfect profile possible for a manager to come in, and turn it around. He's already done it once at this club alone!
But it's the same shite that Chris was serving up at the end. Surely the relationship between him and the Prince is too broken to fix? You're right, he has done it once, and did a fantastic job, but a lot has changed, neither side are without blame.

leaving his boyhood team would still have been a real gut-wrenching moment for Chris. That last time driving out of Shirecliffe probably hurt like fuck - the relief, and weight off
Sorry you must have missed it but its been decided on here that Wilder isn't a blade and jumped ship to line his pockets while laughing all the way to the bank.

But it's the same shite that Chris was serving up at the end. Surely the relationship between him and the Prince is too broken to fix? You're right, he has done it once, and did a fantastic job, but a lot has changed, neither side are without blame.

I doubt it can be fixed. But I was purely commenting on the opinions of some people that they don't want him back. Surely anyone with half a brain would want him back rather than what we currently have and could end up with.

Sorry you must have missed it but its been decided on here that Wilder isn't a blade and jumped ship to line his pockets while laughing all the way to the bank.
Does seem that way doesn't it!
Although not much better the team were in matches more under Chris than Heckingbottom. I actually put a bit of that down to the relationship the team had with him. PAul alluded to it after the Leicester game.
But I agree in that it's deffo feels too broken to fix. I genuinely don't think it's being entertained by the prince or on the radar and in fairness to him you don't normally bring back in the manager you've just let go.

I doubt it can be fixed. But I was purely commenting on the opinions of some people that they don't want him back. Surely anyone with half a brain would want him back rather than what we currently have and could end up with.

Some of the options I'd be inclined to agree! The choice is a pivotal one, it needs to be got right even if it's a bumpy ride to begin with.

I didn't see it that way. Wilder wears his heart on his sleeve. We were having a shit season. He was very disappointed with results. This came across in his interviews. He was never the most polished, media-savy manager. He hadn't "run out of ideas" - he was facing an awful injury crisis, while trying to adjust to the covid rules and the lack of fans. I'm sure he offered his resignation, as managers tend to do when they are bottom of the league.

The Prince was on record as stating that he would take a back seat, and let CW take full charge of the day to day running of the club. He is on record as saying that the job was CW's as long as he wanted it, even if we were relegated. Wilder's job included identifying transfer targets. OK some high value signings didn't perform well, especially Mousset, but all signings are a gamble to an extent. SUFC isn't the only club where big money signings have turned out to be a bit shit.

At some point HRH and his advisors decided that they could do better in the transfer market that CW/AK and our scouting network. They changed Wilder's job description, handing over the task of identifying transfer targets to outsiders. This radically changed CW's job description. He didn't resign, but he did insist that the owners stick to the "plan" or the remit that they had given him when he signed a new contract - namely that CW had the final word on transfers. He wanted to stay, but to stay under the terms of his contract. Essentially he was told that his job had changed. He would remain the coach, but HRH and his advisers would identify transfer targets.

OK the big money signings in the PL didn't prevent relegation, but before that CW had an enviable record in identifying players who he could improve and would fit into his system. I'm sure that CW believes that if recruitment decisions are made elsewhere, then he can't manage the club optimally.

Well that's certainly one perspective but not one I personally share.

To be honest, if I were in HRH's / the Board's position, I would have intervened in the player recruitment process as well as it was obviously substandard and not delivering value. I see CW's insistence on retaining full control as likely to be one of the biggest issues in him getting job offers in future - very few clubs operate that way these days, especially in the top tier (and even the Champ) with the huge development in player analysis.

Does seem that way doesn't it!

Although not much better the team were in matches more under Chris than Heckingbottom. I actually put a bit of that down to the relationship the team had with him. PAul alluded to it after the Leicester game.
But I agree in that it's deffo feels too broken to fix. I genuinely don't think it's being entertained by the prince or on the radar and in fairness to him you don't normally bring back in the manager you've just let go.

I think you might be onto something there. There was no "new manager" bounce because it was Hecky. Highly paid footballers + Egos + knowing he wasn't going to be the gaffer long term = what we ended up with? I'd be inclined to say that, but it just scanned like CW was still managing the team by proxy, same formation, same selections. If Hecky did want the job permanently, he's made a right bollocks of his Powerpoint presentation.

I am not entirely sure issues with the board were the main problem. I think that the issues with the board were far from major and hardly stuff that couldn't be resolved. I would argue Wilder had a much rougher time as manager during the dispute between McCabe and The Prince and the state of limbo that caused.

I think Chris seemed under pressure due to COVID, lack of fans and the impact on his personal life. I think raising issues with the board were his way out of the situation we had got ourselves in.

I was listening to Talksport last night whilst driving.

They were talking about West Brom being relegated and they think Sam Alladyce might stay because they would be the main favourites for promotion next season.
They highlighted that Fulham have too many loanees and Sheffield United are in turmoil and need to get out of the habit of losing.

However they mentioned the huge gap between the PL and Championship.
They said next season the Championship doesn’t look particularly strong....so all 3 relegated clubs have a good chance of being promoted at the first attempt.

One of the presenters...not sure if it was Darren Ambrose or Darren Bent.
He said he was talking to Alan Biggs who said that “if Sheff Utd offer an olive branch then according to him, Chris Wilder is prepared to return”

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned before or is it old news?
Would you take Wilder back? I suppose it depends on what alternatives we have...but it would certainly give the club a boost.
Absolutely not....that ship has sailed....we need to move on....and quick

Various alleged "ITK" West Brom fans are claiming that Wilder is going to be Allardyce's replacement if Big Sam decides his health can't take another season. They aren't happy.

Various alleged "ITK" West Brom fans are claiming that Wilder is going to be Allardyce's replacement if Big Sam decides his health can't take another season. They aren't happy.
It makes a lot of sense. You'd be hard pressed not to take West Brom up. The amount of quick and creative players they have.

Can we swap Burke back for Robinson and waive the pay off?

Well that's certainly one perspective but not one I personally share.

To be honest, if I were in HRH's / the Board's position, I would have intervened in the player recruitment process as well as it was obviously substandard and not delivering value. I see CW's insistence on retaining full control as likely to be one of the biggest issues in him getting job offers in future - very few clubs operate that way these days, especially in the top tier (and even the Champ) with the huge development in player analysis.
Don't think he will be short of offers actually. I don't think he has to be in control of transfers either. He wasn't here really. It's more the way it's all happened I reckon.
He presented options to the board often 1.2.3.4 and the board pursued. As much as the prince can say he only offered one at times that's not entirely true.
Last summer he wanted Watkins before Brewster for instance. (Realise that's it's only one more)

Don't think he will be short of offers actually. I don't think he has to be in control of transfers either. He wasn't here really. It's more the way it's all happened I reckon.
He presented options to the board often 1.2.3.4 and the board pursued. As much as the prince can say he only offered one at times that's not entirely true.
Last summer he wanted Watkins before Brewster for instance. (Realise that's it's only one more)

If you think he wasn’t fully in charge of transfers doesn’t that negate the change of job description argument?

Said it once I'll say it again,any other manager everyone would be baying for his blood,wether we had 4 great years with them or not then when said manager finally left everyone would be saying thank fuck for that I hope we never have another blade as manager it's too much hassle.

...i hope so i miss him,he was ultimate boss he took blades were no one will do..he loved sufc a real true blades fan...utb...in great sufc lad chris wilder i trust...he took us to 9th in top league hes real class ,,,he signed great lad mousett and good lad super mac,,,,and great lad ozzy ,utb...utb...

Attachments

• chris wilder player - Bing images.jpg
    chris wilder player - Bing images.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • We Are Blades.jpg
    We Are Blades.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • chris wilder pinterest - Bing images (6).jpg
    chris wilder pinterest - Bing images (6).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 5
  • lys mousset pinterest - Bing images (5).jpg
    lys mousset pinterest - Bing images (5).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
  • We Are Blades.jpg
    We Are Blades.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4
  • benjamin osbourne sufc players pinrest - Bing images (4).jpg
    benjamin osbourne sufc players pinrest - Bing images (4).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 6
  • lys mousset pinterest - Bing images (5).png
    lys mousset pinterest - Bing images (5).png
    153.9 KB · Views: 6
  • chris wilder player - Bing images.jpg
    chris wilder player - Bing images.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
  • pinterest ollie mcburnie - Bing images.jpg
    pinterest ollie mcburnie - Bing images.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Sheffield United FC.jpg
    Sheffield United FC.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5
Put the pasta down and go to bed
ok i take the hint ,goodnite all,ok im gone back to my safe thread away from all my s2 nasty unkind haters ,,,in great man chris wilder i trusted but no one else,,he will return when theyve all gone ,,hes a fan for life,,bye all take care stay safe everyone,,dont forget him hes a god,,,chow

Attachments

• chris wilder pinterest - Bing images (5).jpg
    chris wilder pinterest - Bing images (5).jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1
ok i take the hint ,goodnite all,ok im gone back to my safe thread away from all my s2 nasty unkind haters ,,,in great man chris wilder i trusted but no one else,,he will return when theyve all gone ,,hes a fan for life,,bye all take care stay safe everyone,,dont forget him hes a god,,,chow
Chow??!!!!

Back
Top Bottom