Wilder by the looks of it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seriously , you think a League 2 manager is the answer ? Didn't do a very successful move for Nathan Jones at Southampton ... Warnock for me - just till July 1st with the remit - get 13 points
Aye
A “League 2 manager” @ the top of League 1

How many folk were saying similar about the appointment of Wilder ?

If (when) PH is punted there is little point ‘wasting’ the remainder of the season on a ‘stop gap’ with ‘ambition’ to get another 8 points.. Make the (next !) ‘long term’ (?)) appointment & give them time to appraise where we are / what we’ve (not) got so we’re (more) ready to go next season.
That includes:
who (if anyone ?!) is worth keeping ;
who we can (realistically) target / ‘bring through’ for Championship football
Identify, implement & ‘practice’ a style of play (almost) irrespective of results
(Seek ?!) clarity, & be comfortable with, what’s going on ‘behind the scenes’ including: finances, injuries, ‘identity’ & ‘chain of command’ / responsibilities

Yes it’s another (another) ‘reset’ & could be viewed as reinventing wheel but surely ‘better’
(less worse ?) than implementing what appears to be inevitable in June when numerous other clubs are likely doing or contemplating the same.
Paradoxically this was the approach with PH this season - ‘accept’ (highly likely) relegation but be prepared to ‘go again’ next season - regrettably he (& associates) have proved woefully lacking in primary management skills despite / because of other elements (mostly)
outwith his control / influence (finances/ recruitment & retention)

Finances are now (hopefully) broadly ‘manageable’ even with relegation We can (must) maintain a ‘sustainable’ approach even if that requires ‘losing’ better players
Painful as it is fans need to accept that we are essentially a ‘top 30’ club which will (must) flog talent, ideally to re-invest in potential (future sales !) .
Shite phrase for fans to hear but “Sustainability” is now paramount for many (most) clubs of our size & stature .Promotion was financially imperative last season (maybe) not so much next ?

Realise there’s lots of (parentheses) “hopefully’s” & ‘if’s” in there but I don’t see (m)any viable alternatives

Bolton are top of League 1.

Warnock just got potted at Huddersfield and he’s in his 70s. He was never Premier League 15 years ago let alone now.
Top of League 1 ??? A natural replacement then ... I will refer back to Nathan jones at Southampton

Seriously,Warnock. Talk about having no ambition,some of our supporters need to think about the future not the past,Warnock had how many years before he found success with us and when he did he waved the white flag just like Hecky is doing in the premiership. By the way,ask the Southampton supporters about Nathan jones,it’s my way or the highway,he tried turning a consistent football team into hoofers and would not listen to anyone.
I just want 13 points this season and Warnock would get us 13 .... a deal until July 1st meaning we can work on getting the right man (or woman) for 2024/25

Top of League 1 ??? A natural replacement then ... I will refer back to Nathan jones at Southampton

So you’re ruling out any successful manager in the league below based on the one example of Nathan Jones? I think it’s a given we’ll be a Championship club next year, what pond are we allowed to fish in?

Aye
A “League 2 manager” @ the top of League 1

How many folk were saying similar about the appointment of Wilder ?

If (when) PH is punted there is little point ‘wasting’ the remainder of the season on a ‘stop gap’ with ‘ambition’ to get another 8 points.. Make the (next !) ‘long term’ (?)) appointment & give them time to appraise where we are / what we’ve (not) got so we’re (more) ready to go next season.
That includes:
who (if anyone ?!) is worth keeping ;
who we can (realistically) target / ‘bring through’ for Championship football
Identify, implement & ‘practice’ a style of play (almost) irrespective of results
(Seek ?!) clarity, & be comfortable with, what’s going on ‘behind the scenes’ including: finances, injuries, ‘identity’ & ‘chain of command’ / responsibilities

Yes it’s another (another) ‘reset’ & could be viewed as reinventing wheel but surely ‘better’
(less worse ?) than implementing what appears to be inevitable in June when numerous other clubs are likely doing or contemplating the same.
Paradoxically this was the approach with PH this season - ‘accept’ (highly likely) relegation but be prepared to ‘go again’ next season - regrettably he (& associates) have proved woefully lacking in primary management skills despite / because of other elements (mostly)
outwith his control / influence (finances/ recruitment & retention)

Finances are now (hopefully) broadly ‘manageable’ even with relegation We can (must) maintain a ‘sustainable’ approach even if that requires ‘losing’ better players
Painful as it is fans need to accept that we are essentially a ‘top 30’ club which will (must) flog talent, ideally to re-invest in potential (future sales !) .
Shite phrase for fans to hear but “Sustainability” is now paramount for many (most) clubs of our size & stature .Promotion was financially imperative last season (maybe) not so much next ?

Realise there’s lots of (parentheses) “hopefully’s” & ‘if’s” in there but I don’t see (m)any viable alternatives
A fantastic reply .... but doesn't this seem better to bring Warnock in now and have a number 2 ready for 2024/25 ... get us 13 points - reset next season. Bringing in a L1 manager now is reminiscence of Nathan Jones going to Southampton ....... Not falling out with anyone BUT I canna watch what I watched this Saturday many more times. Have a fab rest of the week

So you’re ruling out any successful manager in the league below based on the one example of Nathan Jones? I think it’s a given we’ll be a Championship club next year, what pond are we allowed to fish in?
I would go Mark Robins if we are thinking out of the box ... I am not in the Wilder camp BUT bar Harry Bassett, he gave us our best ever moments, so offence to CW .... Just IMO, but having a young successful L1 manager with this squad, isn't going to fill his wellbeing bucket if we lose the next 20 games. I just dunna want a day like last Saturday again. Big love sent, have a great rest of the week ... we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't

I just want 13 points this season and Warnock would get us 13 .... a deal until July 1st meaning we can work on getting the right man (or woman) for 2024/25
After Saturdays and previous performances plus Bashams injury I couldn’t care less anymore about the Derby record. I want someone in to start progression by playing football again with a rebuild with good players we have blended with our younger lads. There are some out there to do that,Corboran,Evatt come strongly to mind. The good players have gone backwards playing the same shite no idea tactics this season and we need a fresh approach. Warnock would not do that,guaranteed.

After Saturdays and previous performances plus Bashams injury I couldn’t care less anymore about the Derby record. I want someone in to start progression by playing football again with a rebuild with good players we have blended with our younger lads. There are some out there to do that,Corboran,Evatt come strongly to mind. The good players have gone backwards playing the same shite no idea tactics this season and we need a fresh approach. Warnock would not do that,guaranteed.
I just want 13 points and a reset come July ... but we are all in this together and I am 100% not falling out with anyone lol
Have a fab rest of the week ... a 3 0 win at Burnley next week will change everything (well for 2 weeks)

I'd take Warnock until the end of the season but not Wilder. His wank signings over two seasons is the reason our squad is in this mess. We couldn't sell any of the turds he signed and made a loss on them all. Other clubs sold players for profit and funded transfers with those sales. We've only done that with Ndiaye. We've been stuck with Wilder's crap for too long as no one else wants them other than Hecky, who bizarrely resigns them when we had a chance to get rid. We couldn't release half of them as Wilder gave them all juicy long-term contracts half way through our first top flight season. I will always appreciate what Wilder did for us, but it's a no for me. At least Warnock can organise them and get them fired up. The results might not improve, but the effort and organisation would.

I'd take Warnock until the end of the season but not Wilder. His wank signings over two seasons is the reason our squad is in this mess. We couldn't sell any of the turds he signed and made a loss on all of them, other than the ones we released. Other clubs sold players for profit and funded transfer with those sales. We've only done that with Ndiaye. We've been stuck with Wilder's crap for too long as no one else wants them other than Hecky, who bizarrely resigns them when we had a chance to get rid. I will always appreciate what Wilder did for us, but it's a no for me. At least Warnock can organise them and get them fired up. The results might not improve, but the effort and organisation would.
We sold Ramsdale for nearly 30m.
Berge is showing today why we should have tried harder to keep him as well.

Of the money wilder spent we have brought back in £62-65m in fees if you include Iliman.

The man broadly responsible for our financial mess and the lack of funds in this summer’s transfer window ? No thanks
No the people signing off the deals are responsible. Or did he break into the clubs various departments and fake the okays needed?

We sold Ramsdale for nearly 30m.
Berge is showing today why we should have tried harder to keep him as well.

Of the money wilder spent we have brought back in £62-65m in fees if you include Iliman.
But why would you include Ndiaye?

Back
Top Bottom