What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You forgot to mention Le Tissier was sat on the bog at the time.
He said 'sorry Fallowfield, I can only deal with one shit at a time'
😂😂😂

Also

Le Tissier: "What the fuck are you doing in here? I'm having a shit! Security! HELP!"

pommpey

On the way to Colchester in 2012 I stopped off at Peterborough services just as some of the United team were waiting for the coach to arrive. I held the door open for Simonsen but had no conversation - other than him saying "thanks".

Today I was on the train from Harrogate to Leeds and was surprised to see Brian Dean get on. Assume he must be living near Harrogate. He was in a different carriage so no conversation - all a bit dull

He lives in Moortown, North Leeds as did I at the time. I saw him in the local M&S several times but didn't approach him. However, at the recent 'Legends at the The Lane' we had a couple of good conversations about the area. Nice guy.

He didn't say much actually,just a sort of grim smile and he signed my match programme,Xamax v Loko Sofia

He told me afterwards that whenever he was anywhere he was near Sheffield he intended to wear a mask!

It really hurt him to miss that penalty but no-one else had the guts to take it.

Met Chris Wilder after we got promoted from league 1, I emotionally said to him pissed up “I can’t tell you how much this all means to my dad” and he stared right through my soul and said nothing. Still cringe myself out thinking about it to this day

He told me afterwards that whenever he was anywhere he was near Sheffield he intended to wear a mask!

It really hurt him to miss that penalty but no-one else had the guts to take it.
Yep,probably had forgot all about it,I just decided to have a laugh with him after the game and meet an ex Blade anyway.

Saw Keith Curle in The Prince of Wales (pub) my Wednesday mate had to point him out to me, nobody could get near him as this chubby girl was telling him what a great athlete she was he looked disinterested. I later saw her outside having a cigarette.

Saw Kalvin Phillips at The Springs shopping centre in Leeds last week. He was very patiently letting people take a picture with him and he never stopped smiling. Good lad.

FYI I did not ask for a picture.

Simon Tracey and John Gannon came into the Hammer & Pincers when I worked there. I didn't recognise them.

"What can I get you lads?" I said

"Two pints of lager please" said Simon Tracey.

"£3.20" I said (or whatever, it was 30 years ago)

He handed me a banknote and I went to the till. My brother, who also worked there, sidled up to me and said "That's Gannon and Trace"

"Oh yes" I said, and walked back to them.

"Six eighty change" I said.

"Thanks" said Trace.

I never spoke to them again. I don't really do fanboy. It just encourages them.

Simon Tracey and John Gannon came into the Hammer & Pincers when I worked there. I didn't recognise them.

"What can I get you lads?" I said

"Two pints of lager please" said Simon Tracey.

"£3.20" I said (or whatever, it was 30 years ago)

He handed me a banknote and I went to the till. My brother, who also worked there, sidled up to me and said "That's Gannon and Trace"

"Oh yes" I said, and walked back to them.

"Six eighty change" I said.

"Thanks" said Trace.

I never spoke to them again. I don't really do fanboy. It just encourages them.
I remember seeing Tracey at Hammers one Saturday evening in summer 1997. Dont think Gannon was there. Sheffield Deaf cricket players would meet and have a drink at Hammers pre and post match if we were playing a home game at Castledyke.

Saw Keith Curle in The Prince of Wales (pub) my Wednesday mate had to point him out to me, nobody could get near him as this chubby girl was telling him what a great athlete she was he looked disinterested. I later saw her outside having a cigarette.

Me and Musical Blade got backstage passes from Warnock a few years ago and we happened across the dressing room post match with Curle bollock nekkid.

Musical: "I just saw Keith Curle's cock!"

Me: "Me too."

That's it.

pommpey

I saw Simon Tracey in a pub talking to blades supporters, He’s the most arrogant bastard you never ever want to meet. I despise the cunt with a passion.

Just after he was appointed as our new manager, I was surprised when Neil Warnock came up to me at Tesco's car park off Abbeydale Road. He asked if there was a footbridge to go to Sainsbury's nearby. I told him that he had to drive back on Abbeydale Road and then go on Archer Road to get to Sainsburys

Just after he was appointed as our new manager, I was surprised when Neil Warnock came up to me at Tesco's car park off Abbeydale Road. He asked if there was a footbridge to go to Sainsbury's nearby. I told him that he had to drive back on Abbeydale Road and then go on Archer Road to get to Sainsburys

Surprised they haven’t built one yet

Talked to Emlyn a few times in Rsg Sun. Won't speak ill of the dead but he was a bit tight, money wise that is.!

Talked to Emlyn a few times in Rsg Sun. Won't speak ill of the dead but he was a bit tight, money wise that is.!
I served him in 2002 when I was doing a holiday relief at the Hare and Hounds in Dore. He was very tight indeed. Got proper mardy when I told him he'd have to pay the 12p for the splash of lime in his lager, because I'd signed for the stock and I wasn't paying for it. "It's only 12p" was his wail. "You won't mind paying then, it's only 12p" was my response. I'm fairly sure I've posted about this before, but can't be arsed looking. The price of the splash of lime may be incorrect, it was a long time ago. :D

My mum used to serve him in C&A. He'd always come in and make his way out to chat to her.

"Ohhhhh," she'd say. "He's luvvvvlah!"

Dirty old cunt.

My mum, not Emlyn.

pommpey

This the exact level of banality this thread demands. 👏👏

Met Chris Wilder in the Sportsman on Warminster Road one New Years Eve. It was my heavy drinking days so can only date it to c. 1998 - 2003.

Asked him if he was playing tomorrow and he patted my rotund stomach and told me I had more chance of playing than him.

It's possible he didn't play for United at that point.

Back
Top Bottom