We’re a bad owners wet dream

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But how do we get out of the eternal spiral of having a good season in the championship to a shit one in the Premier League without getting an owner to put money in each season with no return? Years ago the old Wimbledon used to sell a player to balance the books I’m not that sure with players wages and agents fees we have many players that are worth anything like plus we need to replace them. In all honesty I just don’t think we’re big enough to sTay and more importantly build in the PL without a rich and daft owner.

No wonder there’s so many crooks lining up to buy us, they must see the potential from a mile off.

As a group we’re just totally apathetic, me included. The mere mention of a protest is ridiculed (me included).

Mention how shit we are and you’ll have the bigger blades saying it’s pathetic and we’ve been loads worse, because we were in the old division 4 once.
Or their other retort is ‘fuck off to Meadowhall then’ etc.
The mere mention of this season being ‘embarrassing’ is met with ‘punch them in the mouth then’ 😂😂 and ‘why do you care what they think?’ Like we aren’t living in the real world.

He’s getting away scot free at the minute whilst we sleepwalk into oblivion and the reality is it makes me sick, I just haven’t got the energy to do anything about it. I’ve been worn down to the point of not caring enough. Even last season, we got promoted and it was a barely audible ‘get in’.

Dozy and Tingo, come on down. It’s time for round two. You’ll get away with it, because we were in league one for 6 years once. And because we once played in league 2.

Attachments

• img_1_1694735331681.jpg
    img_1_1694735331681.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 4
Theres a Wednesday fan at work, decent enough fella but does very much apply the 1990’s Wednesday Tax when we’re discussing modern day football. Anyway, he was saying the other week how Wednesday fans are so apathetic towards their club atm and he always says how United fans would never stand for Chansiri as chairman but I absolutely think we would.

I think the majority of us dont really give a fuck anymore and the ones who do voice valid concerns are shot down by the bigger than thou Blades.
I think we'd stand for Chansiri no problem, he'd be one of our best owners in our history if he was at the Lane. That's how bad ours have been.
They can't complain about what they've had put on the pitch for them, and if it wasn't for FFP he'd have carried on, even now, as shit as they are they dig a signing out from somewhere that makes us think "How did they get him"

Better managers in the dug out and he'd have got them to the Prem, then they'd have done what they always do, tried to be the "big we are" and ended up nearly bankrupt again. But at least they'd have had a go at it and secured themselves another generation of deluded fuckwits to support them.

I think the problem is that football has changed massively since the 90s/00s when there were more fan protests against the owners. The finances involved in running a football club today mean there is a very limited number of people who could afford to own us. So it’s pretty pointless protesting because the owner isn’t going anywhere until some billionaire turns up and buys the club off him.

It’s a case of waiting to win the football club owner lottery, that’s our only chance of success. Which to me, just shows how shit football has become.
Fan protests worked back then, because owners and chairmen used watch the games from the directors box, and not some snazzy apartment in LA or Dubai…Who the hell would we be protesting at?

Fan protests worked back then, because owners and chairmen used watch the games from the directors box, and not some snazzy apartment in LA or Dubai…Who the hell would we be protesting at?
Fans protests never worked for us. If I am wrong then name a protest that led us to success in the next few years.

Fans protests never worked for us. If I am wrong then name a protest that led us to success in the next few years.
I was generalising about protests back in the day. Just trying illustrate the futility of protests these day, with so many overseas, absentee owners, the feelings of a fanbase become secondary.

I was generalising about protests back in the day. Just trying illustrate the futility of protests these day, with so many overseas, absentee owners, the feelings of a fanbase become secondary.
Yet the European Super League got scuppered by fan protests, by fans of clubs with mostly absentee owners.

I quite enjoyed the protest against Mike McDonald and his lickspittle Charles Green, and then went to the pub and had quite a lot of beer in a fairly short period of time. Plus the day after the nice snapper from the Star had had got me and my brothers and some mates in one of his pictures. Do you remember the Star? It was a Sheffield evening newspaper many years ago.

Not sure what success it had apart from a few laughs at what people were chanting, but at least the people we were chanting at were there and looking out the window too at some point, so there’s that. And they eventually fucked off. Eventually.

I quite enjoyed the protest against Mike McDonald and his lickspittle Charles Green, and then went to the pub and had quite a lot of beer in a fairly short period of time. Plus the day after the nice snapper from the Star had had got me and my brothers and some mates in one of his pictures. Do you remember the Star? It was a Sheffield evening newspaper many years ago.

Not sure what success it had apart from a few laughs at what people were chanting, but at least the people we were chanting at were there and looking out the window too at some point, so there’s that. And they eventually fucked off. Eventually.
McDonald and Green were worse than Brealey and didn't bring us success. Took us another 10 years before going back to the top division

I think that to some extent the lack of protests and almost simple acceptance of the situation reflects Britain generally today (and for a long time). In higher league football, and in society, there's a massive gap and disconnect between fans/voters, and owners/government. Football club owners are increasingly likely to be financiers/hedge fund managers rather than local business people, and as such their understanding of ordinary people/football fans runs from very limited to non-existent. This is very different to the period (roughly 1960's to 1990's) when governments were led by and included politicians from both main parties who'd been state educated, and where football clubs were by and large owned by locals.
We now have a situation where government is occupied and run by people who by and large have had no interaction with or experience of ordinary people. In a parallel situation, "big" football clubs tend to be owned and run by absentee owners who have no real link to or understanding of the fans or the club/locality.
In both situations, the "disconnect" between owners/politicians and fans/owners is massive and increasing. In many cases (but not all!!), being a politician/club owner is simply a means to raise your profile, make money, and be part of a "gravy train". These people are largely immune to protests, as they simply don't care about or understand the issues behind the protests (as has been demonstrated over the years when there have been some huge public demonstrations, but government policy hasn't been influenced by them at all, therefore a lot of people can no longer be bothered). I think that a protest at BDTBL would have similar results, but it may make us feel better, and that at least we were trying something.

I’ve had a season ticket for 40 years but I’m not buying one next season. Yesterday was the final straw. You may say “Woe is me” but I struggled like fuck to afford one this season just working for the living wage. My main thought was “these fuckheads don’t give a fuck, why should I?” I think what’s boiling my piss is that most of these shysters are on 20 to 30 grand a week and they don’t care about the fans. Straight into their Mercs, BMW’s, Audis whilst us fucking idiots sit on the bus / tram having another fucking embarrassing fucking afternoon. Fucking Archer spent most of the day on the touchline high fiving the Villa players knowing he’s back there next year, he doesn’t give a shiny shit about us. Another waster on the Bramall Lane gravy train. Fuck off to the lot of them.
If he was high fiving the Villa players Wilder should drop him to the reserves. He's done nothing anyway!

They were a compete set of cunts, if memory serves me correctly.
Mike McDonald is the CEO of some other poor company now (not football related). I remember him being interviewed on Radio Sheffield and he was eating an apple or something, the ignorant get!

No wonder there’s so many crooks lining up to buy us, they must see the potential from a mile off.

As a group we’re just totally apathetic, me included. The mere mention of a protest is ridiculed (me included).

Mention how shit we are and you’ll have the bigger blades saying it’s pathetic and we’ve been loads worse, because we were in the old division 4 once.
Or their other retort is ‘fuck off to Meadowhall then’ etc.
The mere mention of this season being ‘embarrassing’ is met with ‘punch them in the mouth then’ 😂😂 and ‘why do you care what they think?’ Like we aren’t living in the real world.

He’s getting away scot free at the minute whilst we sleepwalk into oblivion and the reality is it makes me sick, I just haven’t got the energy to do anything about it. I’ve been worn down to the point of not caring enough. Even last season, we got promoted and it was a barely audible ‘get in’.

Dozy and Tingo, come on down. It’s time for round two. You’ll get away with it, because we were in league one for 6 years once. And because we once played in league 2.

“I’m not sure about this mass murderer being a good new owner for us.”

“Well you try finding us a new owner then”

Etc

I want the Prince gone.

So does he.

What does a protest want different? For him to lower his asking price? While I want him to I am not sure people protesting will make him want to do that. He's in it to make as much as possible. It is a business for him. This is the end game of 11 years of being a owner/Co owner

I want the Prince gone.

So does he.

What does a protest want different? For him to lower his asking price? While I want him to I am not sure people protesting will make him want to do that. He's in it to make as much as possible. It is a business for him. This is the end game of 11 years of being a owner/Co owner

Even if years of crap has led to some of the fanbase thinking our ceiling is akin to Barnsley, Huddersfield etc (one or two and done), ultimately they will turn and something will happen if we continue to get humiliated every week.

Yeah, we’re actually proper losers when you think about it.

The “I hate the premier league” brigade are my favourite. You don’t, you hate supporting a shit team in the premier league.

That Sheffield mentality also drives away any owner with ambtion.

Why invest in a club when even the fans have no ambition with so many preferring the Championship because they say that’s proper football.

Sheffielders seem to hate change and hate paying for quality. Incredibly many are hoping we can acquire an Abramovich who will give us 100’s of millions for nothing.

Any new owner will only see us an an investment, so he give us money in the early days but then want to see a return.

Also anyone noticed that for a large part of our fanbase what ever an owner or manager does will be twisted into a negative. It’s a poison chalice really. Facts show we’ve never had it so good in the last 30 years but fans still aren’t satisfied. Accept we’re currently struggling but that last only because the owner has admitted he can’t support us properly in the Premier League and wants to sell.

I think we'd stand for Chansiri no problem, he'd be one of our best owners in our history if he was at the Lane. That's how bad ours have been.
They can't complain about what they've had put on the pitch for them, and if it wasn't for FFP he'd have carried on, even now, as shit as they are they dig a signing out from somewhere that makes us think "How did they get him"

Better managers in the dug out and he'd have got them to the Prem, then they'd have done what they always do, tried to be the "big we are" and ended up nearly bankrupt again. But at least they'd have had a go at it and secured themselves another generation of deluded fuckwits to support them.

One of the most clueless/ deluded posts I’ve ever seen. Surely it’s a wind up, you’re making me laugh.

My brother is a Wednesday season ticket holder. For years he’s been telling me what happens over there and it’s quite incredible and hard to believe.

I’ll challenge each point you make if you want but don’t want to ridicule you.

The current state of Sheffield football reminds me of 2 people complaining/ bragging about their disabilities and illnesses. We’ve all heard these kinds of conversations, someone complaining they have diabetes, a bad shoulder and depression. The other person almost feels jealous and says they have all of that and are taking tablets for IBS and have early cancer. The other then replies, forgot to mention that they have a growth in their stomach and need a camera down there to see what it is. The other replies, you’re lucky because I had my stomach removed etc etc.

There’s a desperation/ medal of hour to be the worse. The self depricating attitude is a Sheffield thing.

See loads of comments from Blades saying we’ve spent nothing this season when tranfermarkt.co.uk website says we’ve spent 63 million.

It also says we’ve brought in 31 million from sales but that still a 32 million net spend. This is a bigger net spend that Wolves, Fulham, Everton, West Ham and Luton. The problem is that last years team was very ordinary as a team and we over relied on N’Diaye. So this season in order to compete we needed to spend at least 100 to 150 million to form the framework of a functioning team.

Last edited:
See loads of comments from Blades saying we’ve spent nothing this season when tranfermarkt.co.uk website says we’ve spent 63 million.

It also says we’ve brought in 31 million from sales but that still a 32 million net spend. This is a bigger net spend that Wolves, Fulham, Everton, West Ham and Luton. The problem is that last years team was very ordinary as a team and we over relied on N’Diaye. So this season in order to compete we needed to spend at least 100 to 150 million to form the framework of a functioning team.
Or just not sell our 2 best players

I know I know, it'll never catch on

One of the most clueless/ deluded posts I’ve ever seen. Surely it’s a wind up, you’re making me laugh.

My brother is a Wednesday season ticket holder. For years he’s been telling me what happens over there and it’s quite incredible and hard to believe.

I’ll challenge each point you make if you want but don’t want to ridicule you.

The current state of Sheffield football reminds me of 2 people complaining/ bragging about their disabilities and illnesses. We’ve all heard these kinds of conversations, someone complaining they have diabetes, a bad shoulder and depression. The other person almost feels jealous and says they have all of that and are taking tablets for IBS and have early cancer. The other then replies, forgot to mention that they have a growth in their stomach and need a camera down there to see what it is. The other replies, you’re lucky because I had my stomach removed etc etc.

There’s a desperation/ medal of hour to be the worse. The self depricating attitude is a Sheffield thing.

Transfrmarket is a bit of a poor resource to be using:

I also don’t think Pigs and Blades are competing in the shitness stakes. We (on the whole) seem to acknowledge we’re shit this season, they seem to make out they’re unlucky/hard done to/not far off/gonna win the league etc.

Transfrmarket is a bit of a poor resource to be using:

I also don’t think Pigs and Blades are competing in the shitness stakes. We (on the whole) seem to acknowledge we’re shit this season, they seem to make out they’re unlucky/hard done to/not far off/gonna win the league etc.

Excellent point.

It is bizarre how Wednesday fans seem so self entitled.
The ones that live outside Sheffield always seem to be the worse, constantly living in the past.
Think it's because their only reason for supporting SWFC is because they were so desperate to support a "big club".
It's weird how Wednesday and comfort themselves by telling each other, "we're such a big club, up there with Leeds and Sunderland" and "we must be the most suffering fans in the league".

They go on about the high prices but only quote the renewal prices at the end of the season in the most expensive stand that no one pays. It's like me complaining it's £2000 a season to go to Bramall Lane but I'm quoting the executive box price. If you want the cheapest price you go on Kop and instantly renew as soon as tickets go on sale.
Let's not forget when ST went on sale last season SWFC were 10 point clear at the top, so prices were based on the Championship. When ours went on sale we had Middlesboro closing the points gap, so it was possible ours was also going to be for Championship football.

It you compare the early bird season ticket prices for United and Wednesday they are surprisingly similar priced.
They Kop is about £15 more than our Kop, their North stand is about £15 cheaper than our South stand.
Their South stand is quite a lot more expensive than our South stand and this the price their fans always quote.
Basically our owner appears to look at their prices and makes ours slightly cheaper and doesnt play games regards concessions and extras.

They really really believe they are the most suffering fans in the league.
What about Chesterfield fans, Notts County fans or Bradford fans.
The truth is they are all throwing their toys out of the pram at the prospect of facing another season on shitty league 1.

Spare a thought for the long suffering Blades fans.
Recently spent 6 consecutive seasons in league 1. What other big club could handle that?

We've not won anything since 1925.
We've lost our last 7 FA cups semi finals, all our 5 play-off finals and all our 2 league cup semi finals.
Also never played a single game in Europe.

We are officially the biggest and best supported club in Europe
that has never played in a cup finals since the war and never played in Europe.

Last edited:
I see all this as a big shame.

From the early days when a newspaper reported the Prince was worth 5.2b to actually being in the 13.5% of poverty stricken Saudis it seems we just have no look.

If you think at one point we were seen as a European place team then Covid hit. We also lost Joc.
Maybe a sliding door moment but imagine Joc didn’t get injured and Covid never happened. We could have been a premier league regular with a season in Europe.

let me get this straight so we are the first ever club to get in the prem and then go straight back down or by
the second season syndrome.
didnt southampton lose 9-0 twice within 2 years
has no other team lost 5-0 at Arsenal ever
what is a bad owner, one who gets you in the prem
no just one whos not got 3 or 400 million to throw in the pot
theres been 5 teams thats had less than 20 points in a prem season , so statistically we arent in the top 5,,, yet
only need 2 points to not be the worst

Most Goals Conceded in a Premier League Season
  • *Swindon Town (1993-94) – 100 goals (2.38 goals per game) ...
  • *Ipswich Town (1994-95) – 93 goals (2.21 goals per game) ...
  • Derby County (2007-08) – 89 goals (2.34 goals per game) ...
  • Fulham (2013-14) – 85 goals (2.24 goals per game)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom