Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 15th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613301077006.png v. 1613301086300.png
EPL Week 24 - Monday 15th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.12.38.png

The goal came from us just not swinging it in the box.. I think it was lundstram gabe Norwood a terrible pass and the only real option was back to Ramsdale but he trued to be clever and got caught out

In his (very, very slight) defence, the ball to Ramsdale was blocked off. He should have hoofed it into the corner for Bogle to chase. I don’t think he tried to be clever, he just panicked (which is just as bad, of course).

Wilder has these absolute shockers. Playing Stevens is a joke. And he seems blind to Norwood basically putting us a goal down every game.

Wilder changed it for the game against Bristol City and there were many on here who weren’t happy with how that worked out either. It’s not like we’re blessed with options in that position at the moment. In my opinion, if it isn’t Norwood in the centre then the next best option would be Ampadu but then that means we’ve got to make a change at the back

Plus the ball was almost back on the Centre spot when Ramsdale hit the ground.

I think he was waiting to react to the penalty first.

TBH I'd like to see more keepers do that. There's enough hit straight or badly to the side that it would be possible to save a few, but unfortunately that was a good hit.

I didnt mean that mate. He clearly fouled Ampadu, drew blood then hes moaning because he didnt get the foul. He was still in the refs ear at half time
Well he did used to play for manure so I assume it is something they are taught from infancy.

Basham's first tackle was just as bad. You can't be diving in and going to ground there when there's 3 on 3 at the back. You've just left your mates a man short. Stand him up and none of that happens.

Rio Ferdinand just said the sentence that summed up our performances for most of season. Too slow in final 3rd. Get ball up there and then we slow it down. I’m fed up of shouting - cross it , get it in the box, shoot
Yep. Goals are our problem. Not nearly enough of them.

TBH I'd like to see more keepers do that. There's enough hit straight or badly to the side that it would be possible to save a few, but unfortunately that was a good hit.

Until attacking players work it out and just put it either side so the goalkeeper has absolutely 0 chance of getting anywhere near anything..

Players do their homework on penalties. There’s a reason keepers don’t wait for the ball to be kicked.

Norwood is only any good if there’s no one trying to tackle him. If he’s in a midfield where he’s actually going to come under a bit of pressure he’s a complete liability. Unfortunately that’s why he’s clearly not up to the Premier League.

In an attacking side he’s great because he can drop deep and pull the strings. When he’s getting pushed back he will drop us in the shit time and time again.

Good hit or not he was much to slow getting down to it. It’s a recurring problem with him.

Wilder changed it for the game against Bristol City and there were many on here who weren’t happy with how that worked out either. It’s not like we’re blessed with options in that position at the moment. In my opinion, if it isn’t Norwood in the centre then the next best option would be Ampadu but then that means we’ve got to make a change at the back
I partially agree, but leaving us so woefully short in midfield is also Wilders fault, is it not?

Ridiculous challenge by Bash but at least he made an effort to get back unlike some players who were strolling around without a care in the world
Bash was the one left on the floor after Norwood's blind "pass". Yet still managed to get back. Am I the only one who actually thought that he got summat on the ball. All the comms seem to think it was nailed on.

And their player had taken a bad touch and was going wide
I was watching him thinking, he’s going to have to slow down here or he’s going to wipe him out and then lo and behold, Lingard nearly ends up on the roof.

I'll be on my own with this but...For me despite a poor pass from Norwood, Bash should get there first and smash it out if he can't control it. He knows this and then has a rush of blood in the box and gives away a pen.
We've played ok for me but need to put it in the box earlier and cause a bit of panic.
The dosallowed pen was not a foul anf offside anyway. Why say otherwise?

I’d normally agree, but Egan was pointing which way to dive. If that was the plan he should have just gone for it.

Rio Ferdinand just said the sentence that summed up our performances for most of season. Too slow in final 3rd. Get ball up there and then we slow it down. I’m fed up of shouting - cross it , get it in the box, shoot
Your right mate and everything is down the sides to get the best out of Billy and the likes of Brewster we need to play quickly through the middle. Somebody questioned me about having a go at Norwood last week well what can they say now? I love CW but playing this donkey has relegated us!

Norwood is a liability! why can’t he sort himself out? When you do something bad time after time you try and correct it, you think I have to concentrate, be careful on my passing! I have to speed up my play be more positive, don’t get caught on the ball! Lunny doesn’t make mistakes because he never does anything progressive! He takes the easy pass every time - never sprints forward like he used to, CW should not play him he is obviously not bothered and can’t wait to get away! don’t know what’s happed to Stevens, defending is terrible and when he gets down the line is crossing is crap!! Osborn runs about a lot but looks lost! and Bash looking a bit sorry for himself today? Championship here we come 😡

West Ham probably had better chances but it was a fairly level half. T
The only thing level was we both have 11 players on the pitch, they have not had to get out of 2nd gear, & neither have we since the opening day of the season.

Good hit or not he was much to slow getting down to it. It’s a recurring problem with him.

Always find pens are hard to judge a keeper on but he’s made a couple of decent saves tonight, routine but decent nonetheless. They needed getting down to anyway.

Even if he’d guessed right he wasn’t getting it but he may as well have not bothered diving at all.

Back
Top Bottom