Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 15th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613301077006.png v. 1613301086300.png
EPL Week 24 - Monday 15th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.12.38.png

Fortunate to not give an early penalty away (clear contact even though Dawson was looking for it) and not sure what Stevens was doing. Which could describe his first half of playing like he's still at Portsmouth. Wrestling with Norwood for the inability to pass the ball to your teammate award. Unlike Bash who fancies a bit of....well I'm not quite sure what sort that was. Kind of diving mixed with rugby.

West Ham probably had better chances but it was a fairly level half. They do look more dangerous in the box than us though. They were all too easily running past our defence but thankfully kept overhitting passes. We're far too flat footed. We're having joy with McGoldrick dropping deep but need to move the ball quicker. Stevens also needs to put in first time crosses.

Stevens been out for weeks during which we had a renaissance.
Stevens back and with him and Norwood (as usual) in starting 11 we make costly mistakes and gift opportunities to opposition. Same owd same owd United.

He can pass pretty well for 15 minutes then it's like his legs tire and he just loses his strength in pass. God knows how he used to play in a two with fleck, id hate to see it now

Norwood is only any good if there’s no one trying to tackle him. If he’s in a midfield where he’s actually going to come under a bit of pressure he’s a complete liability. Unfortunately that’s why he’s clearly not up to the Premier League.

In an attacking side he’s great because he can drop deep and pull the strings. When he’s getting pushed back he will drop us in the shit time and time again.

How many goals has Norwood given us away this season.

But he hit some great long balls in the championship.........

Plus the ball was almost back on the Centre spot when Ramsdale hit the ground.

Stevens looks finished sadly. Lundstram doesnt look to have bothered starting again.

Wilder must, well, God knows.

You are effectively starting the game 0-1 when Norwood plays. He would be forgiven if his set piece delivery was good or his ability to play a quick accurate passing game but absolutely nothing.

The painful thing is West Ham are awful.

How must Bryan or Lowe feel when Stevens plays. He is so off the pace takes the ball static every time and any momentum just stops when he gets the ball.
We're playing into West hams hands, they're killing us on the counter. Poor tactics from CW

Unfortunate half- we were the best team. Sadly we have no cutting edge- so we are always up against it. But again there are great performances in there

Rammy Egan Bash Osborn Amps Goldy Bogle not doing bad at all. Not sure what you expect- but c'mon doing OK..

Stevens and Norwood have been pretty woeful it has to be said... and although we all love Bash... that was fooking ridiculous! There was literally no upside whatsoever to cleaning Lingard out like that!
Basham will prob come off if we go 4 at the back. Can’t see Norwood lasting too much longer either

Norwood is only any good if there’s no one trying to tackle him. If he’s in a midfield where he’s actually going to come under a bit of pressure he’s a complete liability. Unfortunately that’s why he’s clearly not up to the Premier League.

In an attacking side he’s great because he can drop deep and pull the strings. When he’s getting pushed back he will drop us in the shit time and time again.
And playing him next to Mr Checkback is recipe for a midfield that makes me want to see how far I can get my thumbs into my eye sockets

Negatives.
Tempo is pedestrian.

Stevens, Norwood terrible.

Our only chance has come from a first time cross to Mcgoldrick, so why do we go back to overplaying mentally?

We must be banned from shooting outside the box.

Positives

Osborn, Ampadu, Mcgoldrick playing well.

West ham are beatable if we are willing to shoot.

Ridiculous challenge by Basham, didn't need to charge in like that
I thought he was lucky to only get a yellow. He made no effort of going for the ball. Think the ref took pity because that was a red as he was the last man.

But he hit some great long balls in the championship.........

Plus the ball was almost back on the Centre spot when Ramsdale hit the ground.

Stevens looks finished sadly. Lundstram doesnt look to have bothered starting again.

Wilder must, well, God knows.

Ah but the experts last week said that goalkeepers should wait until the ball was kicked before diving for a penalty.....well tonight makes it plainly obvious why no goalkeeper in the world ever does that.

Stevens is a bad pick at LB to be honest, dont know why hes walked straight back in. Though i get nobodys really made it their own, form wise i think both Bryan and Lowe have offered more there.

We had some good ball and got in some good positions, so hopefully we can get that extra 5% and put the ball in the net early on.

Did anyone seriously think he might have come to us in January - assuming we had been recruiting that is?

I didnt mean that mate. He clearly fouled Ampadu, drew blood then hes moaning because he didnt get the foul. He was still in the refs ear at half time

So frustrating. Plenty of the ball for once but so slow ands safe with everything we do. Don't understand why he was so desperate to bring Stevens back, Lowe has done reasonably ok. Take Norwood off, drop McGoldrick back and put another striker on. Don't want to scapegoat Norwood but just happens to often.

I thought he was lucky to only get a yellow. He made no effort of going for the ball. Think the ref took pity because that was a red as he was the last man.

It’s one of the most stupid tackles I’ve ever seen. He falls into him backwards ffs. Could see it coming a mile off.

Heads have gone. The lads are back to thinking they're shit again.

Ridiculous challenge by Bash but at least he made an effort to get back unlike some players who were strolling around without a care in the world

If ever a half of football sums up our season!
Osborn will be great next season in the Championship. Stevens has absolutely stunk this team up all season. Got his pay rise and gone downhill quickly. I'll look forward to seeing RND take his spot next season.
What do we have to do to actually get our players to shoot when we get to the 18 yard box!
West Ham look nothing special at all, just a bit sharper and more assured in possession.
UTB

So frustrating. Plenty of the ball for once but so slow ands safe with everything we do. Don't understand why he was so desperate to bring Stevens back, Lowe has done reasonably ok. Take Norwood off, drop McGoldrick back and put another striker on. Don't want to scapegoat Norwood but just happens to often.
Because Wilder plays favourites, and has massive blindspots which drive me potty

Back
Top Bottom