updates on Kmac and cressy?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gavtheblade

Shitwasp member.
Reaction score
Are we looking good for the lads to be fit?has anything come out of the lane regarding kevs injury?
ITKERS please update.;)

apparently k macs hamstring was tight before the game so DW took him off as a precaution and he seemed to walk fine after the game. Not sure on cressy but i reckon he can pull through an eye infection, he's hard.

apparently k macs hamstring was tight before the game so DW took him off as a precaution and he seemed to walk fine after the game. Not sure on cressy but i reckon he can pull through an eye infection, he's hard.

Apparently he was having a scan on his ankle at Claremont yesterday

I don't expect to hear anything from the club regarding either of them TBH. I would expect them to just leave Huddersfield (and all of us aswell of course) guessing.

Just out of curiosity, would you drop Porter if Cressy is fit?

Regardless of the goal, thought Porter's second half on Monday was one of his best 45s for us...

i'd play both of them. we've got to go and try n win it by dominating early on. sitting back 4-5-1 is no good, as im sure Rhodes is going to score at least 1. the 4-5-1 Blades only got 1 in 180 mins vs Stevenage, dont see them pinching 2 against Hudds.

goals this season in the league: 38

3 in his last 2. if ur not worried about him, ur a lot more confident than me.

I'm just saying it's not given that he'll score. He's the main man, a big threat and we need to be prepared, focused and organised. If we are I think we have a good chance of stopping him.

i'd play both of them. we've got to go and try n win it by dominating early on. sitting back 4-5-1 is no good, as im sure Rhodes is going to score at least 1. the 4-5-1 Blades only got 1 in 180 mins vs Stevenage, dont see them pinching 2 against Hudds.

We played a 4-4-1-1, and didn't do too much sitting back, in fact we controlled possession and chose to be patient in build up play. Finding and creating the spaces rather than trying to force them. First half we didn't go balls to the walls with the overlaps of wingers and full backs but when we needed to up the tempo in the second half we did.
I think a controlled United has whats made us effective this season, the times we started to try and force situations have been the times we've often suffered because of it. Hudders press and press but no team can keep an high intensity pressing game up for 90 minutes and I very much believe that if we play our way and not into Hudders hands we'll win the game.

Stevenage pretty much defended for 180 minutes though. Just because Squinny is officially a midfielder it doesn't mean it's a rigid 4-5-1 or that we particularly sat back either.

As I've said in other threads, with their big strong back 4 I think having Squinny running around all over the place will make them think a lot more and cause more problems than having Porter and Cressy up front in what would be a more rigid and predictable 4-4-2. Let's face it, they aren't the most mobile pairing and I think that would just play into their hands.

Cressy was at the Hallamshire yesterday in the Eye Clinic so hoping he got the all clear and the infection will be sorted in time.

KMac (and to some degree Collins) worries me as he (they) had a lot of strapping before the game even kicked off on Monday. Oxygen tents and plenty of massages all round I think!

I'll pass on the oxygen tent but will have a massage if ur paying!

cheers!

all we have to do is press the ball and the space and be patient.. no one at this level (except strangely scunthorpe) were able to string 5 passes together on a consistent basis (except us), so just be patient and wait for them to lose the ball.. i think we'll go 4 4 1 1 with cressy in for porter.. i'm praying (to the jedi master) that k mac will be fit.. the amount of confidence that he brings to the team and fans just by being on the pitch (never mind kicking the ball), is tangible

Rhodes tend to score lots of goals in a short time period. Then do nothing for a few games.
He's got to be the most inconsistent top scorer for a while?
Get in his face and he won't like it or know what to do

We played a 4-4-1-1, and didn't do too much sitting back, in fact we controlled possession and chose to be patient in build up play. Finding and creating the spaces rather than trying to force them. First half we didn't go balls to the walls with the overlaps of wingers and full backs but when we needed to up the tempo in the second half we did.
I think a controlled United has whats made us effective this season, the times we started to try and force situations have been the times we've often suffered because of it. Hudders press and press but no team can keep an high intensity pressing game up for 90 minutes and I very much believe that if we play our way and not into Hudders hands we'll win the game.

i dont watch United as often as i like, but i wasnt impressed on Monday when i went. i thought we played far too defensively and could have got caught on the break, they had as many good chances as we did until we scored. Simmo made a great save and the guy who drilled it in near post should have done better. i just think if we sit back we're waiting for them to nick a goal and with our team now i just dont see us getting 2. happy to be proven wrong obviously but if we're the better team, as we're meant to be, we shud go for it IMHO.

Rhodes tend to score lots of goals in a short time period. Then do nothing for a few games.
He's got to be the most inconsistent top scorer for a while?
Get in his face and he won't like it or know what to do

Exactly, 9 of his 38 goals came in 2 matches for example. Ched was far more consistent.

Cresswell has to play up front with Porter. Porter did well against Stevenage, but he was often smothered with no options for support. A front 2 is vital against a team like Huddersfield. They'll pummel Blades with attacks, so we need to pummel them back. Can't do that very well with one forward. However someone said earlier that we have to wait for them to lose the ball and I think that's right. If we sit back, play mainly on the counter but also try to dominate possession in the final 3rd, we'll frustrate them. Patience over eagerness every time.

i dont watch United as often as i like, but i wasnt impressed on Monday when i went. i thought we played far too defensively and could have got caught on the break, they had as many good chances as we did until we scored. Simmo made a great save and the guy who drilled it in near post should have done better. i just think if we sit back we're waiting for them to nick a goal and with our team now i just dont see us getting 2. happy to be proven wrong obviously but if we're the better team, as we're meant to be, we shud go for it IMHO.
that was the only real save simmo had to make! we learned our lesson from the final league home game and they never had a chance on the break both games. thats what doing your homework does for you, rather than saying ageyemangs a threat stick monty on him to man mark. we scored a goal with a very makeshift strikeforce (4th choice striker for second half of season) and taxctics, what is the problem?

Cresswell has to play up front with Porter. Porter did well against Stevenage, but he was often smothered with no options for support. A front 2 is vital against a team like Huddersfield. They'll pummel Blades with attacks, so we need to pummel them back. Can't do that very well with one forward. However someone said earlier that we have to wait for them to lose the ball and I think that's right. If we sit back, play mainly on the counter but also try to dominate possession in the final 3rd, we'll frustrate them. Patience over eagerness every time.
cresswell was out though - who knows if we wouldve played 4-4-2 on monday? i agree we should at wembley and fitness permitting most likely will

that was the only real save simmo had to make! we learned our lesson from the final league home game and they never had a chance on the break both games. thats what doing your homework does for you, rather than saying ageyemangs a threat stick monty on him to man mark. we scored a goal with a very makeshift strikeforce (4th choice striker for second half of season) and taxctics, what is the problem?

my main problem is we've won 1 game since losing Ched, including a game against the bottom side. we've played a team that finished 17 points behind us 3 times, twice at home and only beaten them once. we avoided extra time by 5 minutes and created very, very little. we could easily have gone all the way to pens without scoring.

Porter looked so isolated it was painful to watch. if we do that against a team that is very capable of scoring, a better side like Hudds, we might well get punished. he's got to go 4-4-2, attack early and try n score. not soak it up n try n win it 1-0.

Stevenage lost fewer games in the regular season than we did. They had a much better record against the top six than we did. They have a reputation for being solid and good on the counter attack.

We were open against them for the first hour at home and were 2-0 down without their keeper making a save. In my opinion, Danny Wilson got the play-off tactics absolutely spot on, particularly given the lack of forwards at our disposal: Bostwick and Roberts at the heart of their defence are big, strong and slow and would have nullified a Porter/Cresswell pairing.

Stevenage v the top 6: Won 5, Drew 2, Lost 3, Goals For 18, Goals Against 12
United v the top 6: Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 6, Goals For 8, Goals Against 15

Against Huddersfield I see no reason to change it. 4-4-1-1 can be very attacking: it's definitely not defensive like the Warnock/Blackwell 4-5-1. Quinn floating around between the lines will give their lumbering centre-halves a dilemma: do they come short and try and pick him up or let the midfield do that?

I'm not too concerned about Rhodes either. Granted, he's scored a lot of goals this season but we should be more interested in cutting the supply lines. Those 23 games Bergen Blade has highlighted where Rhodes hasn't scored include 2 against us, which indicates to me that we've done our homework on him.

Back
Top Bottom