Norrington-Davies & Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
Suppose there's no updates as of yet? (Still holiday season)

Two long term injuries that seemed forever considering the injury, hopefully they're back in training next week with the rest of the squad.

Not expecting them to be fully at it but a good pre season behind them would be nice. Two players we will need next season that's for sure.

It was Coventry away where RND did his hammy and I think that was in October. Brewster has been out for the best part of 18 months with his and Berge was also off for ages with a hamstring injury. It seems when our players do their hamstring they don't f about they do them properly!!

I'm increasingly pessimistic about RND's chances

I couldn't get any more pessimistic about Brewster's chances

I feel RND moulded himself into the athlete he is over quite a long period of time, and now he may have to almost start again, handicapped. Which is very bad news because he relies on physicality way more than average. It's been a hell of a blow - his time came last season and he was smashing it - and maybe he played through the pain to keep his place, as someone alluded to on here. For now we have to largely disregard him when it comes to our recruitment - can't rely on him to come back this season - though it would not be for a lack of mental strength and effort

I feel RND moulded himself into the athlete he is over quite a long period of time, and now he may have to almost start again, handicapped. Which is very bad news because he relies on physicality way more than average. It's been a hell of a blow - his time came last season and he was smashing it - and maybe he played through the pain to keep his place, as someone alluded to on here. For now we have to largely disregard him when it comes to our recruitment - can't rely on him to come back this season - though it would not be for a lack of mental strength and effort
Surely if RND doesn’t come back there’s got to be some kind of LCB based conspiracy going on at BDTBL?!

I think Hecky just didn't risk them. Both will be in pre season ready to go. A full pre season for both of them will be a huge boost for our squad. Like two new signings again.
New member I smell Pork 😆 with this optimism.

Blades fans are glass half empty and the bar shut 20 minutes ago kind of fans.

Blades fans need too learn two things, the words too the Greasy Chip Buttie and the following.

Now Repeat after me.

We are Skint and haven't got a pot to piss in, we are getting out bid on transfers by Luton and Championship Clubs.
RND will never walk properly again let alone play football, Brewster will never play more than two games in a row before being injured again. Don't even think about the season after next when we will only have two players still in contract although I am led to believe Eastwood will probably sign another contract so it could be three players.

Welcome to the forum just remember one thing Depressive comments only no positivity on any account. Oh and there is a great Holiday section in the Blades Sold thread so if you have been anywhere nice lately then pop over there, although it is a bit my dicks bigger than yours kind of threads just don't mention Breadcakes.

Blades fans need too learn two things, the words too the Greasy Chip Buttie and the following.

Now Repeat after me.

We are Skint and haven't got a pot to piss in, we are getting out bid on transfers by Luton and Championship Clubs.
RND will never walk properly again let alone play football, Brewster will never play more than two games in a row before being injured again. Don't even think about the season after next when we will only have two players still in contract although I am led to believe Eastwood will probably sign another contract so it could be three players.

Welcome to the forum just remember one thing Depressive comments only no positivity on any account. Oh and there is a great Holiday section in the Blades Sold thread so if you have been anywhere nice lately then pop over there, although it is a bit my dicks bigger than yours kind of threads just don't mention Breadcakes.

Agree. Blades fans do tend to be miserable fuckers when talking about SUFC. I suppose it is a safeguard to cope with all the times we have lost in play offs / semi finals / been relegated on the last day etc, but we don't half like to wallow in misery if given a chance to do so.

If you read Shoutbox or read numerous threads in here it seems that United will be relegated with no points, are financially fucked, all the players will leave in 12 months, and will be sold to someone who wants to sell Bramall Lane and make it into a large Wilko's. Optimism is definitely frowned upon. Still, bollocks to it. I'm looking forward to the season and to seeing whoever wears out shirt give the PL teams competitive games. I think we will be alright next season. I also think the rumours of us being on a financial life dependency ward is exaggerated and we will spend a small amount this summer. Some people need to learn to cheer up and just enjoy life wherever possible for what it is. We all like a moan at times and watching United sure gives us that opportunity, but it should be enjoyable not a chore. If it's the latter (long term) then give it up and find another hobby.

Sad news if that’s the case. I’m not sure it’s possible to “ play through the pain” with a hamstring injury. It’s just impossible to run

He tore his hamstring he didn’t have a limp removed. He’ll be back.

Brewster had a reoccurrence of his injury so that set him back.

I presume we didn’t risk RND at the end of last season as there’s no reason to rush him when we were already up.

He tore his hamstring he didn’t have a limp removed. He’ll be back.

Brewster had a reoccurrence of his injury so that set him back.

I presume we didn’t risk RND at the end of last season as there’s no reason to rush him when we were already up.
Could be wrong, but my memory is telling me Brewster got a similar injury on his other leg

One poster recently claimed Brewster's surgeries should mean his hamstrings(?) are better than ever, which I'm happy to cling to as an optimistic truth!!

Been a member for over 10 years mate. Just dont post often.

Now Repeat after me.

Welcome to the forum just remember one thing Depressive comments only no positivity on any account. Oh and there is a great Holiday section in the Blades Sold thread so if you have been anywhere nice lately then pop over there, although it is a bit my dicks bigger than yours kind of threads just don't mention

Good post.
I can't see Brewster doing anything for us, even when fit he looked miles off the required standard.
RND I'm much more optimistic, however we can't just hope he comes back and gets up to his pre injury form quickly.
We need at least one (preferably two) good left sided players.

Now Repeat after me.

But i live in Salford, so is it a breadcake or balmcake?

But i live in Salford, so is it a breadcake or balmcake?
What ye drinking? I could do wi' some o' that.🤪
A buttie is a breadcake, bap or sliced bread etc., wi' a filling of ones choice.
Breadcake/Balmcake, is just that, on it's own.
Balmcake, so Lancashire.:)

You don't play through a damaged hammy ,he will be back for the season

Agree. Blades fans do tend to be miserable fuckers when talking about SUFC. I suppose it is a safeguard to cope with all the times we have lost in play offs / semi finals / been relegated on the last day etc, but we don't half like to wallow in misery if given a chance to do so.

If you read Shoutbox or read numerous threads in here it seems that United will be relegated with no points, are financially fucked, all the players will leave in 12 months, and will be sold to someone who wants to sell Bramall Lane and make it into a large Wilko's. Optimism is definitely frowned upon. Still, bollocks to it. I'm looking forward to the season and to seeing whoever wears out shirt give the PL teams competitive games. I think we will be alright next season. I also think the rumours of us being on a financial life dependency ward is exaggerated and we will spend a small amount this summer. Some people need to learn to cheer up and just enjoy life wherever possible for what it is. We all like a moan at times and watching United sure gives us that opportunity, but it should be enjoyable not a chore. If it's the latter (long term) then give it up and find another hobby.
We are financially fucked and we will be relegated🤣

A buttie is a breadcake, bap or sliced bread etc., wi' a filling of ones choice.

0454e72e0fc01c90189bcd9e54b782e7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom