Norrington-Davies & Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just think, the t could have got another Mousset, Freeman, Robinson and Burke for the cost of a Brewster😭

Hasn't he got another couple of years left on his current deal anyway,?

Unfortunately his time here has been a complete disaster for him and us.

Will he ever get a sustained injury free run?
It doesn't look good does it.
He will probably come good in the last year of his contract and refuse a new contract... be off for nowt and then start banging goals in for his new club.

All of the problems we have this season and some still focus on Brewster.

He’s a young lad plagued by injuries, give it a fucking rest and stop blaming him for Wilders mistakes.
This thread (title) is about Brewster. Hardly any other threads are about this, and there are plenty discussing how shit we are.

He will probably come good in the last year of his contract and refuse a new contract... be off for nowt and then start banging goals in for his new club.

My thoughts exactly, or get fit, then get a new long term deal and then pull up after 63 minutes into his debut.

Lads cursed, and in turn so are we.

That leaves us with 38 appearances. 4 goals. Lots from the bench when making injury comebacks.
Interesting to see you think that 4 is lots!

If you think four is a lot you'd be impressed with a certain part of my anatomy!

I thought he was out of contract in 2024, gutted he's got another year because he's he's too injury prone and when he does play he lacks composure, overhits passes, shoots over the bar wildly etc. We know he can finish saying that, mainly for England under 21 but he's not done it for us. I suspect when he plays for England under 21 he has had chances to score, with us he's being limited to subs appearances or odd starts but he's still had a lot of games too and hasn't showed much. Definitely our worst pound for pound signing, sorry for those that feel there's a player in there, I've not seen that.

I'm sure he'd rather have been making less and playing more

Not sure any footballer wants to be injured and judging by the way he supports the players pitch side then its clear he would rather be out there than on crutches.

Anyway as others have said it was Wilder that forced this transfer by all accounts. PA and Bettis only wanted Brewster on loan with the option to buy and I think we were the only PL club seriously interested in him.

30 of 68 were first season in the Prem when our team was appalling. Can't blame a youthful Brewster for much in 20/21 I don't think.

That leaves us with 38 appearances. 4 goals. Lots from the bench when making injury comebacks.

He was stolen by Liverpool FROM Chelsea as a teen. Not because he was terrible at football. But because he appeared to be a high level goalscorer in the making.

Rhian's had a nightmare with us, but I think it's so unfair for half the fanbase to completely deny he's any good at football whatsoever. His entire development has been blighted at every step.

He lost a whole year of development at Liverpool with a bad injury. Unfortunately seems cursed - he's not faking these bad injuries, so the lack of sympathy from half the fanbase is also strange to me.
Sorry but I’ve watched every game he’s played for us and, as much as I want him to succeed, I’m yet to a footballer in him. No pace, can’t dribble, doesn’t anticipate, doesn’t create, and worryingly of all…..doesn’t make runs in behind or show short. Sorry, but that’s how I see it. The biggest waste of money the club has made in my lifetime🙈

Sorry but I’ve watched every game he’s played for us and, as much as I want him to succeed, I’m yet to a footballer in him. No pace, can’t dribble, doesn’t anticipate, doesn’t create, and worryingly of all…..doesn’t make runs in behind or show short. Sorry, but that’s how I see it. The biggest waste of money the club has made in my lifetime🙈

Good movement to get across the defenders and a quality dink over the keeper. This wasn't even that long ago:

A goal even Sharp would be proud of.

Good movement to get across the defenders and a quality dink over the keeper. This wasn't even that long ago:

A goal even Sharp would be proud of.

I can only comment on the games I’ve seen him play in a red and white shirt. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing more I would love to happen than him scoring goals for us on a regular basis and picking up MOTM awards. Sadly, I don’t see that happening

I can only comment on the games I’ve seen him play in a red and white shirt. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing more I would love to happen than him scoring goals for us on a regular basis and picking up MOTM awards. Sadly, I don’t see that happening

I don't see it happening because if injuries not because he lacks ability. Although I don't suppose having serious injuries this early in your footballing career is doing anything for his footballing skills either.

I do wonder two things regarding Brewster;

Do we have any insurance on him for his injuries?

Would he have these injuries if he played elswhere, because he's only become injury prone since joining us.

We will never know how much injuries have ruined his career. But I do remember thinking how really disappointed I was with his general play, from the moment he arrived. His appalling goal tally is a matter of fact.
The comparison is Brian Deane cost 40k, Brewster 23M. Who was better value for money?

I do wonder two things regarding Brewster;

Do we have any insurance on him for his injuries?

Would he have these injuries if he played elswhere, because he's only become injury prone since joining us.

He had quite a few injuries before us.

19/20Ankle injuryNov 20, 2019Jan 4, 202045 daysLiverpool FC U233
17/18Ankle surgeryJan 12, 2018Mar 28, 2019440 daysLiverpool FC U23England U2143
17/18Broken footJul 5, 2017Aug 2, 201728 daysEngland U161

If you look at the goals he has scored for Swansea and for us, you will see that he likes to pull the trigger on the ball as it is played to him.
That can lead to some cracking goals if you are the dominant team but that style coupled with his lack of movement and poor positional sense in my view reveal a very limited player who will never be an effective striker. Injuries just make that worse as he doesn't play regularly enough and has never shown any improvement.

The lack of application to try and create space or to try to stretch the opposition to open space up for other players is the biggest disappointment for me. He is going down the Jack Rodwell path if he doesn't have the desire to or just can't understand what he needs to do to develop as a striker.

Wallace ended up retiring a year or two after leaving us and became a scout at Fleetwood. Sad to see a decent player forced to retire in what should have been the prime of their career.

He is still only 31 now.

Yes it is sad, but he had a poor reputation for fitness before he came here. I remember Nigel Clough was actually asked about whether he was concerned about this in an interview just after the signing and he said no, he's passed his medical that's it.

Yes it is sad, but he had a poor reputation for fitness before he came here. I remember Nigel Clough was actually asked about whether he was concerned about this in an interview just after the signing and he said no, he's passed his medical that's it.

We still seem to take a similar approach to signings now.

Lys Mousset was a much better signing than Brewster, a lot more effective and half the price.

The apologists for Brewster on here and those making suppositions of how good he ‘could’ have been need to look at cold hard facts about number of appearances and number of goals scored.

I’d also love to see a cost per minute and a cost per goal with his wages and transfer fee included. It would, it will make Owen Hargreaves look like good value for money.

Interesting to see you think that 4 is lots!

If you think four is a lot you'd be impressed with a certain part of my anatomy!
Lots of his appearances were from the bench. Funnily enough I didn't think 4 goals was a lot.

Thanks for bringing your small penis into the conversation though...

I think there is or was a decent player in there, but questions must be asked about the time we signed hiim due to his injury record at such a young age, and yes, I know you can't predict the future, but....
1, did the club not look into this
2, who gave the go ahead, believing he would be sound etc
3, having had one good season at Swansea, was he worth that much
4, like with McBurnies signing, (initially Swans rumoured to want £12m for him,) Wilder wanted a marquee signing, so was he prepared to pay whatever for Brewster
5, was it another wild punt?
Regarding point 3 - it was half a season, about 15 games for Swansea. McBurnie was a much more proven striker at that level.

Back
Top Bottom