Big man upfront

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
The way we play is focussed solely on having a big man upfront, with this in mind, and knowing that Mcburnie is very injury prone, why the fuck did we sign Traore and Archer in the summer, both of who are about 5 foot tall. Surely we needed to sign one finisher and cover for Mcburnie. Our recruitment in the summer baffles me, no cover for Egan whatsoever and signed to small lads up top, knowing we are going to have to go long in most games. We should have gone for a Kiefer Moore type, not the best striker in the world, but someone who either Archer, Brewster or Traore can play off of (as none of the small lads can play together). If Mcburnie is out for any length of time, we are even more fucked than before (if that's possible).

Probably could have got one if we were not forced into signing another left back on loan.
Correct. Imagine signing Larouci and thinking "right, thats us done at left wing back..." 😂

What a huge and bizarre fuck up that signing was

As you say it had the knock on effect of us then wasting a loan and a wage on another (poor) LWB, when we badly needed more attacking strength

Kieffer Moore couldn't have been a more obvious signing. Same with Ogbene for free. Those two would have cheaply ensured we were competitive up top

We also just had to spend 10m on Souza didn't we. That was smart

Still stand by that Kieffer Moore would've been decent.
we should have signed moore instead of wasting 4m on traore who while promising is nowhere near premier league standard and thats another mistake by hecky and while hes certainly been shafted by abdullah with funding i think hes very lucky not to have been sacked by now

Not saying this is the long term answer but I thought Brewster did quite well as a the target man from Wes's kicks.

His head-ons need to be picked up by Traore / Archer.

Back
Top Bottom