Norrington-Davies & Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RND - Least there's some slight good news with him back on the grass.

Brewster - Doesn't look great, four weeks since his 'minor' Injury and no nearer to back training.

Be interesting what contract situations are going to take place here.

Brewster - Doesn't look great, four weeks since his 'minor' Injury and no nearer to back training.

It’s tragic that someone can repeatedly get fit enough to play professional football, only to suffer significant injuries as soon as they play in anger. Like a form of torture.

Feel for them both, but especially Rhian. Must be thinking about retirement at this point

Feel for them both, but especially Rhian. Must be thinking about retirement at this point
Whilst I feel for him, I hope we don’t give out another contract, unless it’s pay as you play.

I doubt he’d accept that. Once you’ve been valued at such a high price, it takes ages for the footballing world to accept that they really are that crap. Someone will take a punt.

It’s tragic that someone can repeatedly get fit enough to play professional football, only to suffer significant injuries as soon as they play in anger. Like a form of torture.

Bit reminiscent of James Wallace - just never fit enough to contribute anything.

Bit reminiscent of James Wallace - just never fit enough to contribute anything.

Wallace ended up retiring a year or two after leaving us and became a scout at Fleetwood. Sad to see a decent player forced to retire in what should have been the prime of their career.

He is still only 31 now.

RND will be back I reckon. Maybe even in the new year.
Rhian is done, it's sad but pace is the only part of his game, its not like he can slow down and protect an injury or he will be even less of a player than he is now.

I get your point but his an instinctive striker. Not too dissimilar to Sharp in front of goal.

The sad truth is if he wasn't a total cripple there is a player in there.

I don’t see it. He’s got nothing like to nouse and positional sense Sharp had, so instinctive finishing doesn’t really matter, as it has proved for us,

He’s not a good player at this or championship level, in my opinion. Obviously injuries have put the nail in the coffin, either way.

I don’t see it. He’s got nothing like to nouse and positional sense Sharp had, so instinctive finishing doesn’t really matter, as it has proved for us,

He’s not a good player at this or championship level, in my opinion. Obviously injuries have put the nail in the coffin, either way.

I think he is very good championship striker if fully fit. Premier League debatable and we will unlikely ever know as injuries are ruining his career.

He’s scored 5 goals in 75 appearances for us, most of which were in the championship.
30 of 68 were first season in the Prem when our team was appalling. Can't blame a youthful Brewster for much in 20/21 I don't think.

That leaves us with 38 appearances. 4 goals. Lots from the bench when making injury comebacks.

He was stolen by Liverpool FROM Chelsea as a teen. Not because he was terrible at football. But because he appeared to be a high level goalscorer in the making.

Rhian's had a nightmare with us, but I think it's so unfair for half the fanbase to completely deny he's any good at football whatsoever. His entire development has been blighted at every step.

He lost a whole year of development at Liverpool with a bad injury. Unfortunately seems cursed - he's not faking these bad injuries, so the lack of sympathy from half the fanbase is also strange to me.

30 of 68 were first season in the Prem when our team was appalling. Can't blame a youthful Brewster for much in 20/21 I don't think.

That leaves us with 38 appearances. 4 goals. Lots from the bench when making injury comebacks.

He was stolen by Liverpool FROM Chelsea as a teen. Not because he was terrible at football. But because he appeared to be a high level goalscorer in the making.

Rhian's had a nightmare with us, but I think it's so unfair for half the fanbase to completely deny he's any good at football whatsoever. His entire development has been blighted at every step.

He lost a whole year of development at Liverpool with a bad injury. Unfortunately seems cursed - he's not faking these bad injuries, so the lack of sympathy from half the fanbase is also strange to me.
We will never know how much injuries have ruined his career. But I do remember thinking how really disappointed I was with his general play, from the moment he arrived. His appalling goal tally is a matter of fact.

We will never know how much injuries have ruined his career. But I do remember thinking how really disappointed I was with his general play, from the moment he arrived. His appalling goal tally is a matter of fact.
We'll never know exactly what would have happened, no. But fair to assume he'd be doing a lot better if he'd not been injured for the majority of his adult career.

Klopp had our pants down with that lad, even if he kept fit I don’t think he’s a £23m player at all. Definitely had some promising moments but far too many times when he’s been presented with a chance and has hit it as hard as a rocket straight at keeper. Seems to be his signature move.

With Brewster, surely none.

Hasn't he got another couple of years left on his current deal anyway,?

Unfortunately his time here has been a complete disaster for him and us.

Will he ever get a sustained injury free run?
It doesn't look good does it.

Klopp had our pants down with that lad, even if he kept fit I don’t think he’s a £23m player at all. Definitely had some promising moments but far too many times when he’s been presented with a chance and has hit it as hard as a rocket straight at keeper. Seems to be
I think there is or was a decent player in there, but questions must be asked about the time we signed hiim due to his injury record at such a young age, and yes, I know you can't predict the future, but....
1, did the club not look into this
2, who gave the go ahead, believing he would be sound etc
3, having had one good season at Swansea, was he worth that much
4, like with McBurnies signing, (initially Swans rumoured to want £12m for him,) Wilder wanted a marquee signing, so was he prepared to pay whatever for Brewster
5, was it another wild punt?

Hasn't he got another couple of years left on his current deal anyway,?

Unfortunately his time here has been a complete disaster for him and us.

Will he ever get a sustained injury free run?
It doesn't look good does it.
Contracted until 2025, which suggests he'll be available for another 20 games tops.

Back
Top Bottom