Tim Ream

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zipwire

Reaction score
Still shocked and sickened about the Basham injury,

However the one thing that has been great to see was the Sportsmanship, compassion and dignity shown to Bash by the Fulham captain Tim Ream who was the first player with Bash, and stayed with him whilst he received his initial treatment on the pitch, looking after him and supporting a fellow professional.

It’ll probably fly a bit under the radar but I’d sincerely hope we can show our appreciation to Tim Ream when Fulham come to the Lane

It was class all round from Fulham today in how they responded.

Ream, the other players, their medical staff & management and last but not least their fans, who made the ground staff and officials near them aware as soon as they saw the injury and gave him that wonderful send off.

It was class all round from Fulham today in how they responded.

Ream, the other players, their medical staff & management and last but not least their fans, who made the ground staff and officials near them aware as soon as they saw the injury and gave him that wonderful send off.
Agreed, it was nice of them only to score 3 and put one in at the other end for us as well.

It would be nice if as a club they’d arrange some flowers or something to be sent to his house. Just as a token of appreciation. Really nice touch from him and he didn’t have to do that.

I would suggest a crate, but not sure they’re meant to drink…

However the one thing that has been great to see was the Sportsmanship, compassion and dignity shown to Bash by the Fulham captain Tim Ream who was the first player with Bash, and stayed with him whilst he received his initial treatment on the pitch, looking after him and supporting a fellow professional.

It’ll probably fly a bit under the radar but I’d sincerely hope we can show our appreciation to Tim Ream when Fulham come to the Lane

Add to that Marco Silva’s opening comment in his interview on MOTD that the most important incident in the match was that of the injury to Bash and then going on to offer his sympathy and best wishes .

Sheer class .

Completely agree. Praise also to all the medical staff who responded swiftly to this awful injury.

This thread was really needed, just seeing on a phone screen what happened to Bash made me want to cry. A genuine legend for this club of whom has defied so many critics cementing his place in the team from league one to top half of the prem, and has been a proper stalwart for this club. Like myself everyone on the pitch couldn’t even bare to see that horrific sight, but Tim Ream deserves a lot of praise for being there for a fellow professional, despite the gruesome sight. The utmost respect indeed. Deserves a great reception at the Lane.

I’m absolutely gutted, not about the result, as it’s pretty much a given, but for a brilliant lad who’s given his all for us.

Morning all.

So it wasn't a nightmare 😢

Will be getting a clap and cheer from me Saturday when his name is called out 🤝

What a strange day it was. Started off lovely, having a few beers on the Thames in the sun, then the match begun and Basham's shocking Injury made it one of the worst away days ever. We didn't even know what had happend till we checked twitter.

Bash is one of my favourite footballers ever, so it’s so gutting that this happened to him even months later.
I often use Bash as an example of a player to my son as he is so hardworking and honest and not the best player on paper but what an attitude.
Imagine if someone like Ballotelli had Bash’s work ethic.

Bash is a Blades legend. Deserves a testimonial. I hope Ewan gets acknowledged on Saturday.

Nice of him to do what he did, but fuck any arse licking that gives their fans any kind of validity that they were any part of what he did. They weren't, and I want no form of camaraderie with the spunk stains.
Proper brown gusset stain of a club imo.

Total respect to the man and I hope he gets a good welcome by blades.
This is the total opposite of that wanker Gareth ainsworth that day at port Vale who ruined dane Whitehouse career and gave no f*ck .
Also , I've nothing against Fulham never have . One of the decent london clubs in welcome like orient, Brentford, charlton.

I once played for handsworth social club at the top of firth Park area.
A mate a winger broke his leg in 2 places his leg went backwards .
Both clubs players were in tears , the noise of the bone breaking .
The other club which is a blade who runs away day coaches said we don't want to carry on playing and the game got called off .never known such a feeling of hurt from both sides .
The lad aswell had own business and was not right for a couple of years .
As I mentioned the reaction of Gareth ainsworth so different to Fulham caring response

There is much to dislike about modern football - the greed, the blatant cheating, the gap between the haves and the have nots, the 'win at all costs' mentality. But on that day in October, Tim Ream showed that there is still some sportsmanship, generosity and compassion left in the game, so I, for one, will be giving him a warm round of applause on Saturday.

The other club which is a blade who runs away day coaches said we don't want to carry on playing and the game got called off .never known such a feeling of hurt from both sides .
As I mentioned the reaction of Gareth ainsworth so different to Fulham caring response
Whole reason I packed in playing rugby after a bloke suffered a compound fracture of his leg. One dodgy tackle and a tangle of legs with a couple of big units coming down on it and it's game over.

Fair enough if you're a pro and get the best levels of care (debatable with our injury record) and a bloody good salary but as an amateur with a job and two kids, not for me anymore.

Ref made us complete our match when one of our lads broke his leg - after about an hour waiting for ambulance to come.

Nobody gave a shit about the rest of the game it was totally pointless.

I was 17 at the time and it was my second ever Sunday league game - nice rude awakening to the men’s game!

Bash is one of my favourite footballers ever, so it’s so gutting that this happened to him even months later.
I often use Bash as an example of a player to my son as he is so hardworking and honest and not the best player on paper but what an attitude.
Imagine if someone like Ballotelli had Bash’s work ethic.
Yes he is a favourite with most fans not because he is the best player on the pitch but he is one of the most hard working one . Blades fans have always had a soft spot for a player who might not be the most gifted player in the squad but one who gives 100% every match .Bob Booker was much like Bash who like Bash gave it everything and dare I say Osborn to .

This happened to my Dad when I was a kid watching him play, a sickening noise that I can still remember today.
It took three further breaks by the surgeons over the next few months because the bones just wouldn't align and fuse properly.

My Dad was always a bit accident prone due to his urgency to get things done quickly, One of my Dads mates had to take me home, and My Mum opened the door and said "What's he bloody done now"

Let's hope the announcer mentions it on Saturday when the teams are called out which would give us an opportunity to applaud the man. Would be a bit weird if nothing was to come from it as it will likely be the last time we play Fulham for a number of years.

In a game of greedy selfish players nowadays I cant do anything g but applaud Fulhams support for bash .
Some players wouldn't care less but Fulham were there till bash got medical help .
Fairly sure bash would never this .
I will be giving Tim my own round of applause as nobody wants to see someone's career ended.
From a personal point of view I collapsed at work December 23rd , all my work mates here in derby rallied around me .
I was gone, turns out I have herniated discs and I'm awaiting operation but every lad x 76 of us have been there for me even some did my food shopping. I work with derby fans , brummie fans, the lot and I cant express how much there support has been . Constantly at mine or ringing to help .

No need to overdo it. Give him a clap instead of a boo when his number comes up.

Standing ovation on the 13th minute?

View attachment 181154
The talk of applauding during the 13th minute is nothing short of farcical.

Credit to him for staying with Bash, but the vast majority of players would do the same. We shouldn’t be absolutely lauding footballers for showing basic human decency.

To all the people saying Fulham fans will always have your respect, I’ll remind of that the next time the two sets of fans have a minor spat about something and it starts a decade-long vendetta.

Back
Top Bottom