U21s vs Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not sure a deep playmaking role is right for Hampson. He stood out last season when he was 10-20 yards further up the pitch but lacks the physicality the run the games the way he needs to in this new position.

Marsh has looked a bit over-confident since he's come back from injury. While confidence is obviously beneficial, Marsh doesn't look particularly interested, there's no real urgency in his play, and hasn't looked anywhere near as dangerous as he did before the Doncaster loan.

I'm not sure a deep playmaking role is right for Hampson. He stood out last season when he was 10-20 yards further up the pitch but lacks the physicality the run the games the way he needs to in this new position.
I agree from what I saw and maybe the same for Blacker. It seems that Peck, Arblaster and Brooks are with the first team now.

I agree from what I saw and maybe the same for Blacker. It seems that Peck, Arblaster and Brooks are with the first team now.
We have too many good forwards and try to squeeze them into the same team. Hence Hampson having to play DCM despite being a box to box midfielder; forward Blacker trying to adapt to a midfield role, and both Marsh and Macedo playing a bit deeper (sharing a no 10 role) behind One. It may look attacking, but the balance isn't quite right and the team would have benefitted from a stronger, orthodox defensive midfielder dictating things from deep.

Blacker, Marsh and Macedo have great individual ability on the ball, but they need to improve in terms of passing and combination play and movement.

Burnley's no 7 looked a good prospect and caused us a lot of problems.

Marsh has looked a bit over-confident since he's come back from injury. While confidence is obviously beneficial, Marsh doesn't look particularly interested, there's no real urgency in his play, and hasn't looked anywhere near as dangerous as he did before the Doncaster loan.
Agree about Hampson. Regarding Marsh I think we still need to give him more time to get back to his best following his injury. I think he could have a part to play next season.

We have too many good forwards and try to squeeze them into the same team. Hence Hampson having to play DCM despite being a box to box midfielder; forward Blacker trying to adapt to a midfield role, and both Marsh and Macedo playing a bit deeper (sharing a no 10 role) behind One. It may look attacking, but the balance isn't quite right and the team would have benefitted from a stronger, orthodox defensive midfielder dictating things from deep.

Blacker, Marsh and Macedo have great individual ability on the ball, but they need to improve in terms of passing and combination play and movement.

Yes been thinking the same Bergen!
We have a glut of forwards at the minute which is effecting the balance of the squad,by trying to keep em all happy and giving game time ! The results and performances have dropped off.
A few will be out on loan next season which will clear a pathway for 2 or 3 to push on within the group A few more could even join the 1st team squad ! namely Marsh and possibly Blacker & O'ne.We have never had it so good up top !.A golden period. for our academy.

Seems that Staniland has gone missing as well I dunno if that means he’s injured but that also contributes to leaving us short in midfield.

Seems that Staniland has gone missing as well I dunno if that means he’s injured but that also contributes to leaving us short in midfield.
Havenhand has also been out for what seems like forever. He was banging them in for the U18s last season

Back
Top Bottom