Wilder vs Heckingbottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Sheffield Untied appointed Chris Wilder on 6th December after replacing Paul Heckingbottom. Let’s take a look at how he has done in comparison to Hecky.

Heckingbottom Stats (Premier League)

Played: 14
Won: 1 (2-1 vs Wolves)
Drawn: 2 (2-2 vs Everton & Brighton 1-1)
Lost: 11 (Including 0-8 loss against Newcastle and 5-0 against relegation rivals Burnley)
Win rate: 7.1%

Goals scored at home: 7
Goals scored away: 4
Total goals scored: 11
Average goals scored per game: 0.79

Goals conceded at home: 19
Goals conceded away: 20
Total goals conceded: 39
Average goals conceded per game: 2.8

Wilder Stats After Making His Return

Played: 10
Won: 2 (1-0 vs Brentford & Luton 1-3)
Drawn: 2 (1-1 vs Villa & West Ham 2-2)
Lost: 6 (0-5 vs Villa & 2-3 against relegation rivals Luton)
Win rate: 20%

Goals scored at home: 5
Goals scored away: 6
Average goals scored per game: 1.1

Goals conceded at home: 12
Goals conceded away: 9
Average goals conceded per game: 2.1
Total goals conceded: 21

Took some time to get all these stats together, but hope it gives you an insight into how Wilder has done since replacing Hecky. What are your thoughts?

Yeah I guess, but Wilder has arguably had a harder run. Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Villa twice, Brighton and West Ham, all in just 10 games
Wilder hasn't faced Brighton in the league yet. But broken down, that is a tough run of fixtures:

• Liverpool
  • Brentford
  • Chelsea
  • Villa
  • Luton
  • Man City
  • West Ham
  • Palace
  • Villa
  • Luton
Oh and add PPG.

Hecky = 0.36ppg
Wilder = 0.8ppg

If Wilder maintains 0.8ppg for the final 14 games, we finish on 24points, which won't be enough. Luton are already on 20points.

Remaining games are:
  1. Brighton (h)
  2. Wolves (a)
  3. Arsenal (h)
  4. Bournemouth (a)
  5. Man Utd (a)
  6. Fulham (h)
  7. Liverpool (a)
  8. Chelsea (h)
  9. Brentford (a)
  10. Burnley (h)
  11. Newcastle (a)
  12. Forest (h)
  13. Everton (a)
  14. Spurs (h)
Win the ones in bold and we stay up. Simples

Forget how their teams did. I want to know what would happen in a fight between them. Wilder's a bit of a bruiser so you'd imagine he'd give Hecky a good pasting, but I reckon Hecky might have some dirty tricks up his sleeve.

Wilder hasn't faced Brighton in the league yet. But broken down, that is a tough run of fixtures:

• Liverpool
  • Brentford
  • Chelsea
  • Villa
  • Luton
  • Man City
  • West Ham
  • Palace
  • Villa
  • Luton

Hecky = 0.36ppg
Wilder = 0.8ppg

If Wilder maintains 0.8ppg for the final 14 games, we finish on 24points, which won't be enough. Luton are already on 20points.

Remaining games are:
  1. Brighton (h)
  2. Wolves (a)
  3. Arsenal (h)
  4. Bournemouth (a)
  5. Man Utd (a)
  6. Fulham (h)
  7. Liverpool (a)
  8. Chelsea (h)
  9. Brentford (a)
  10. Burnley (h)
  11. Newcastle (a)
  12. Forest (h)
  13. Everton (a)
  14. Spurs (h)
Win the ones in bold and we stay up. Simples
More chance of beating Spurs at home on the final day that Wolves away. Can't see us winning at Everton or Brentford either.

We've been in every game under Wilde except Villa. That's my main take. We've also blooded Osula and Brooks a lot more, and experimented tactically in a number of games. The players look fitter and more driven. The Gillingham away game was negotiated really well. That looked like a bit of a nightmare at the time

Sheffield Untied appointed Chris Wilder on 6th December after replacing Paul Heckingbottom. Let’s take a look at how he has done in comparison to Hecky.

Lost: 11 (Including 0-8 loss against Newcastle and 5-0 against relegation rivals Burnley)

Took some time to get all these stats together, but hope it gives you an insight into how Wilder has done since replacing Hecky. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are Bill you've got to get a hobby

Agree we look more solid atm, but Both scored 11 goals home & away, yet you give average
0.79 Hecky
1.1 Wilder ?

Wilder needs to do one thing if he's here next season and that is to get "Fatlad" back and I don't mean playing for the 1st 11 either.
To do what? Bake cakes?

If we've learnt one thing through this entire fiasco it's that it's 2024 and the rest of the PL couldn't give a flying fuck about sentiment. It's a high performance sporting landscape and we need the best available players and coaches in our programme not the ones who once played here.

If we're ever to break this perpetual cycle, we need to get out of this fucking Bladey McBladey world in which most of our fan base seems to exist.

I much rather he spent his coaching budget on getting the best strength & conditioning coach he can afford.

Forget how their teams did. I want to know what would happen in a fight between them. Wilder's a bit of a bruiser so you'd imagine he'd give Hecky a good pasting, but I reckon Hecky might have some dirty tricks up his sleeve.
Hecky would kick fuck out of Wilder, he's a lot fitter and he's got that angry streak where he can put hands on people like with that Spence cunt (hilarious career trajectory there)

I think Hecky will use his superior fitness to his advantage. While Chris may have a bit more form "on the cobbles" he's two peroni's away from being morbidly obese, and Hecky's fitness will lead him to prevail. Hecky needs to survive Chris's swings in the first round, make him miss a bit, the usual herol graham stuff. Then once Chris is puffing like Thomas the Tank Engine mid asthma attack, Hecky would start to punish Chris with some sickening body shots, with a final hook to the liver rendering Chris helpless, with the ref calling it off midway thru round 2...after a 10 minute VAR check of course

To do what? Bake cakes?

If we've learnt one thing through this entire fiasco it's that it's 2024 and the rest of the PL couldn't give a flying fuck about sentiment. It's a high performance sporting landscape and we need the best available players and coaches in our programme not the ones who once played here.

If we're ever to break this perpetual cycle, we need to get out of this fucking Bladey McBladey world in which most of our fan base seems to exist.

I much rather he spent his coaching budget on getting the best strength & conditioning coach he can afford.
Fat lad's seen as good enough for Hull. I bet Wilder is tempted to give him a squad number if we're in the Championship next season.

I think Hecky will use his superior fitness to his advantage. While Chris may have a bit more form "on the cobbles" he's two peroni's away from being morbidly obese, and Hecky's fitness will lead him to prevail. Hecky needs to survive Chris's swings in the first round, make him miss a bit, the usual herol graham stuff. Then once Chris is puffing like Thomas the Tank Engine mid asthma attack, Hecky would start to punish Chris with some sickening body shots, with a final hook to the liver rendering Chris helpless, with the ref calling it off midway thru round 2...after a 10 minute VAR check of course
If it came down to it Wilder would probably fight dirty. I reckon he'd smash a bottle of Peroni against a wall and threaten Hecky with the broken bottle. Hecky would take one look, say 'yeah' and leg it.

Wilder would attack but look at damage limitation if he went behind whereas Hecky would defend and not look to move forwards unless Wilder fell over.

My main thought is that this post achieves absolutely nothing, nada, zilch - you need a new hobby

My thoughts are Bill you've got to get a hobby
There’s real passion in what he’s delivered- well done him , an interesting analysis .

But it’s a bit like picking pepper out of fly shit to end up with the same outcome and conclusion - as in the problem is much more than Hecky and Wilder

Wilder is a big man, but he’s out of shape. Plus Heckingbortom has that Barnsley inbred feightin’ gene.

There’s real passion in what he’s delivered- well done him , an interesting analysis .

But it’s a bit like picking pepper out of fly shit to end up with the same outcome and conclusion - as in the problem is much more than Hecky and Wilder
Love your analogy Bell.Proper chucklesome😁

If my memory is correct then when Wilder walked out the back door, last time, Hecky came in and had a better ppg. It’s pointless comparing these things to prove a point. Wilder has come in and done an ok job. If he keeps us up, he has done an amazing job but it’s next year that he will be properly judged on

If it came down to it Wilder would probably fight dirty. I reckon he'd smash a bottle of Peroni against a wall and threaten Hecky with the broken bottle. Hecky would take one look, say 'yeah' and leg it.
Ahh but we all know that bloke down the pub who was once in the SAS and is a Krav Maga master. Maybe Hecky is that man, but actually was what he boasted about, and shoved the broken bottle up Chris's rusty bullethole sideways? 🤔

Did Wilder go out of the back door? Been nice not hearing that for 30 seconds.

Would the Wilder team (sans signings) beat the Hecky team? Yes, yes they would. Stats also suggest it, I just wish both teams were more solid at the back.

Anybody remember the celebrity deathmatch stuff from back in the day? With the playdough figures. That'd be an entertaining watch RE: Hecky and Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom