Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 20th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BUR
BUR
BUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1713460014814.png vs 1713460020607.png

Premier League Matchweek 34 - Saturday 20th April 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-burnley.690/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Rebecca Welch
VAR: Tim Robinson
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 18.06.23.png

They should amend that saying and change it to "Premier league teams who invest in actual skillfull players punish mistakes. Not those who sell their best striker and make you cope with an inexperienced osula and a lazy mcburnie and call it a day" 😂
Long winded but true

Awful, awful game…. Made slightly better as sat in a bar drinking a corona in Cape Verde 🤣
Similar experience here, sat with plenty of other fans who seemed to cheer or have a chuckle at each Burnley goal. We really aren’t liked out of our own circle, are we!

Wretched: Grbic, Trusty, Souza
Poor: McBurnie, BBD
Mediocre: Anel, little Ben, McAtee
Average: Arblaster
Decent, good at times: Bogle, Hamer

And Brooks showed us why he hadn’t been getting minutes.

A poor day for Wilder too.

I can’t wait for this season to be over. At HT Revo jr said he regrets getting tickets for Man U and Newcastle and that it would have been more constructive to set fire to 120 quid. Hard to argue with that.

At last. Forget the rest of the season and start trying some of the youngsters to see who’s going to make the grade.
if a new style of playing, and Wilder isn’t up for this, is needed, move on and rebuild the team.
set a two season strategy to avoid relegation and push for promotion.
unless their is a change in ownership there needs a long term vision.
I had a dream

Can only echo what other Blades have said. Truly awful at a time when we thought we couldn't be worse.

Wretched: Grbic, Trusty, Souza Poor: McBurnie, BBD Mediocre: Anel, little Ben, McAtee Average: Arblaster Decent, good at times: Bogle, Hamer And Brooks showed us why he hadn’t been getting minutes. A poor day for Wilder too. I can’t wait for this season to be over. At HT Revo jr said he regrets getting tickets for Man U and Newcastle and that it would have been more constructive to set fire to 120 quid. Hard to argue with that.

Burnley's double of the the season and probably their only one this season with how RUBBISH the BLADES played today. WILDER sort it out or you might as well GO

Yet another embarrassment in a season of constant embarrassments, but the defence was pathetic today.

I stopped watching after 0-2, I just couldn't believe that our defensive midfielder and the back four looked baffled as Burnley waltzed through untouched despite the stupid deflections.

Popped in to check the score, fully expecting another 0-5 job.

Only saw the rest of the goals after. Hamer, again a cracking finish, we REALLY need him next season.

The other Burnley goals, sweet jesus the defence were pathetic. Grbic, well what can you say, behind that 'defence' the worlds best would probably struggle, but his efforts on the first two were questionable even with the deflections.

Centre of defence purely to blame for three and four, in my opinion anyhoo.

Positives from today, it's a lovely sunny day in Cork City, and I've started brewing a cheeky IPA.

Yet another embarrassment in a season of constant embarrassments, but the defence was pathetic today.

I stopped watching after 0-2, I just couldn't believe that our defensive midfielder and the back four looked baffled as Burnley waltzed through untouched despite the stupid deflections.

Popped in to check the score, fully expecting another 0-5 job.

Only saw the rest of the goals after. Hamer, again a cracking finish, we REALLY need him next season.

The other Burnley goals, sweet jesus the defence were pathetic. Grbic, well what can you say, behind that 'defence' the worlds best would probably struggle, but his efforts on the first two were questionable even with the deflections.

Centre of defence purely to blame for three and four, in my opinion anyhoo.

Positives from today, it's a lovely sunny day in Cork City, and I've started brewing a cheeky IPA.
You should of started brewing it so it was done before kick off 😂

Having had a decent showing without him, what prompted the genius tactical brain that is Wilder to put a pointy perambulating plodder into the midfield again? FFS. It’s obvious to us all. He’s a waste of space and money as is Garbage.

That might be the worst we've played all season. That could have been any number with the amount of space they had in the box at times

So long as it’s not buying strikers or goalkeeper’s!

The question is, did he buy them or did somebody else buy them ie Recruitment team (if so that has now been addressed),
Abdullah, United world, who actually knows, one thing for sure is that Wilder would not be here if he didn't have the last word going forward, he said himself "he is front and centre of recruitment.

The question is, did he buy them or did somebody else buy them ie Recruitment team (if so that has now been addressed),
I wouldn't blame the manager in either case. In the former case, it shouldn't be his responsibility, and in the latter it isn't.

Abdullah, United world, who actually knows, one thing for sure is that Wilder would not be here if he didn't have the last word going forward, he said himself "he is front and centre of recruitment.
Me to Wilder

Attachments

• IMG_2025.gif
    IMG_2025.gif
    389 KB · Views: 5
Update
As we failed to bum the six fingered dog shagging Lancashire bastards Vincent Company will now be the best manager in the history of football according to Gary ( virtue signalling wank stain ) Lineaker . So I for one will be watching Dr Pimple Popper on TLC tonight not MOTD
Thank you

Bad bad day for us. We just are so shit defensively. We had chances and were OK on the ball but defensively (incl keeper) horrid.

Arblaster, hamer were shinning lights. I thought ozzie, mcburnie and Bogle also played well.

A fair few players in very important positions that are just not up to the required standard.
Let's not be coy.
Gbric , Trusty & Souza are not worth the shirt and need shipping out.
Anel has been better but he needs to commit to the cause or feck off.
BBD & McAtee won't be here.

Truth....shame nothing will change this summer to remedy this. Heads should roll, they won't and the life of A Blade goes on......sigh
This valid point has come up on other threads.
The absentee ownership , the absentee Board , means that no one with any skin in the game takes responsibility for anything that's going on at the club.
We are the archetypal rudderless ship.
How Bettis remains in place is a mystery to me , unless he's just a firewall for the Prince.
Finances mismanaged.
Recruitment mismanaged.
Player contracts mismanaged.
Shirecliffe facilities mismanaged.
Medical/injuries appear to be mismanaged.
Despite the richest 5 years in the club's history , we now have a patchwork squad of mediocre players who have no sense of identity & no cohesion.
And about 5 players under contract of whom 3 are not even Championship standard.
And we are hoping that our manager can rectify this in one transfer window ?

Back
Top Bottom