Wilder vs Heckingbottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was not happy to see him re-appointed and would be happy to say cheerio. I reckon he is 2 divisions out of his depth.
Agree, he took the chance to return because I believe the prince said, work the rest of your settlement off as wage and you can return, lucky the prince is penniless or he might have still been out of work

i always say i have respect for hecky. it was like shooting your favourite pet at Bournemouth. but on pts wise i think hecky overachieved to get 5. but i think wilders underachieved to 9. because with certain games we really shouldve been on 5-7 pts more than we are with results we shouldve got like villa A Luton H Palace A & West Ham H

whereas hecky got lucky. we didnt deserve much out of Brighton, got fortunate v wolves

Of course Brighton are a better team than us, but we were very much in the game at 11v11
I'd agree with you. We should've given ourselves a chance by keeping to 11. Based on the two prior games against Brighton we could certainly compete with them and whilst they were dangerous in the final third, defensively we had to be organised. We could get goals against them though as they are vulnerable at the back, especially when pressed. We would have to be clinical.

Roll on to matchday, looking at the starting 11 it also didn't look to be a well balanced side when we started, it obviously went from looking unbalanced in paper to being a complete car crash when Holgate got his red.

But either side of that red card, we had chances to not just be in the game, but to be ahead. Second half, whilst not troubling them or making many attempts to get forward, we kept them out for a long spell. We had nothing on the bench though.

Would I now give us a chance against Wolves? No.

Could have added points per game as Wilders
Points per game since coming would keep us up. Along with being fitter at the start of the season we could have been sitting 17th with a real belief.

But everyone knew the level between Wilder and Hecky was wide. This isn’t to be disrespectful to Hecky as he was a good bloke and worked well with a dream team squad.

But when you look deep into his time at Middlesbrough (which we claim was a failure) they were in trouble of going down he nearly got them to the playoffs in the same season whilst beating Man Utd and Tottenham and bringing in Akpom and getting the best out of Tavernier (Boro fans didn’t rate him sold for £14m 9 months later). I have friends up there who really rated his time (again towards the end it seems to have gone wrong).

He wanted Gyokeres (would have been unubelievable signing with hindsight and the club didn’t sign him a striker.

But Wilder and Blades just fits right as much as some may hate it or not like him or whatever. But here he is in my opinion our greatest ever manager.

If he can get us promoted in the next 2 years (I doubt it as the playing side looks a mess) he must be the greatest ever.
The relegation danger myth again. They were 14th after 17 games , 10,11 and 16 points ahead of the bottom three. They were just 4 points off 6th.

However, Wilder all day long.

Back
Top Bottom