Tommy Doyle joins on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d still be hoping that we’re looking at AAA loan options for the MGW replacement and potentially a forward. One loan down leaves us 4 left and I don’t think Doyle’s wages would be at the levels Bettis was talking as being the top end of what we can do.
Clearly they’ll be a budget plus it’s obvious we can’t get the AAA loans until very late and due to that fact you’ll potentially miss out on some but it’s great that we’re able to secure the very best of those available at the moment.
Doyle would seem to be that.

I’d still be hoping that we’re looking at AAA loan options for the MGW replacement and potentially a forward. One loan down leaves us 4 left and I don’t think Doyle’s wages would be at the levels Bettis was talking as being the top end of what we can do.
Clearly they’ll be a budget plus it’s obvious we can’t get the AAA loans until very late and due to that fact you’ll potentially miss out on some but it’s great that we’re able to secure the very best of those available at the moment.
Doyle would seem to be that.
I reckon Doyle is on about £15,000. Whether we’ll be expected to pay it all is another thing?

I was told by someone who knows him, that he’s quite recently bought himself a £1M house near Manchester, probably what makes Utd such an attractive destination.

I reckon Doyle is on about £15,000. Whether we’ll be expected to pay it all is another thing?

I was told by someone who knows him, that he’s quite recently bought himself a £1M house near Manchester, probably what makes Utd such an attractive destination.
That’s good it would give hope to my assumption that he’s not the top level of who we’re looking at loaning in.

He's on a lot, lot more then that 1889 and is by far from a cheap loan. Man City pay their younger players v well, as do Chelsea.

The one I remember being shocked at when I found out was Patrick Bamford - when he was at Chelsea and went out on loan to a couple of poem Prem sides who were required to cover all of his salary, he was on £42k/week - and that was 8 years ago!

He's on a lot, lot more then that 1889 and is by far from a cheap loan. Man City pay their younger players v well, as do Chelsea.

The one I remember being shocked at when I found out was Patrick Bamford - when he was at Chelsea and went out on loan to a couple of poem Prem sides who were required to cover all of his salary, he was on £42k/week - and that was 8 years ago!
Maybe, wasn’t Jamal Blackman allegedly on £30,000 a week when we loaned him of Chelsea

If you want to depress yourself, you can check football salaries on Sportrac.com 😉

Last edited:
Maybe, wasn’t Jamal Blackman allegedly on £30,000 a week when we loaned him of Chelsea

If you want to depress yourself, you can check football salaries on Sportrac.com 😉
Salaries aren't public though. Those aren't official or accurate figures.

I don't know for sure but heard Blackman was on £27k/week at Chelsea. That and the other available data points would indicate that Doyle will be on £45-50k, although again, I've not heard that for definite.

That slipped under the radar👀
Whilst we don't appear to be moving quickly enough, and there's a lack of transparency at board level in recent years, equally a lot of our recent deals have happened efficiently and quietly and maybe we're getting better in that regard?

He's got a basic enough name for us so thats a good start
#BrexitBlades

I don't know for sure but heard Blackman was on £27k/week at Chelsea. That and the other available data points would indicate that Doyle will be on £45-50k, although again, I've not heard that for definite.

I think Chelsea are a bit of an outlier with their youth wage structure. They sign players who are never going to play for them but who they are milking for a sell-on fee. Players know this as well. The only way to keep them happy in that model is to pay over the odds.

I think Chelsea are a bit of an outlier with their youth wage structure. They sign players who are never going to play for them but who they are milking for a sell-on fee. Players know this as well. The only way to keep them happy in that model is to pay over the odds.

Agree Robbie but Man City do not scrimp on wages either

Not a player I am aware of!, but like most on here/Blades absolutely bored to shit of the nothingness emanating from BDTBL!!! 🥱🥱😴😴
So, GERRIM IN!!!
Doyle must have come on to someone at our club's 'radar' for some reason!, so, let's hope they can get him in and see what he brings to the team!?

Quick Google numerous sources state 10k a week, in isolation they probably aren't reliable but given they all say the same I'm inclined to believe it's not far off this

Quick Google numerous sources state 10k a week, in isolation they probably aren't reliable but given they all say the same I'm inclined to believe it's not far off this
They all come from the same source 😀

Back
Top Bottom