Tommy Doyle joins on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting that Pep does see him as a playing further forward according to the article and he played as number 10 last season, at least times; I've not checked every Cardiff match! So whilst he is different to MGW we might find him playing in the same areas, maybe he's someone likely to unlock defences with through balls, pop up with the odd long range goal and generally dictate play, maybe a bit like how duffy played for us? I am just guessing with Duffy comparison, I'm sure others know more than me.

tenor.gif

Going to be unveiled supping a pint of Guinness in The Grapes.

Is The Grapes the one with the room dedicated to the Kennedys or is that the one is swapped landlords with?

Signing in the Kennedy room would be appropriate for a player who sounds like he's a Southie gangster.

Is The Grapes the one with the room dedicated to the Kennedys or is that the one is swapped landlords with?

Signing in the Kennedy room would be appropriate for a player who sounds like he's a Southie gangster.
Dog and Partridge?

Championship clubs are becoming more and more dependent on loans. As Nottingham Forest are about to demonstrate, it's very hard to stay up if you get promoted with a team full of loanees
It’s a fair point, but it’s hard to stay up, full stop.

The goal this season is promotion by any means necessary. We need the money, now. If we achieve that then we can start thinking more long term.

We need to get up and then replace or retain them. Not ideal but we’re bringing in on loan better than we can afford in order to get promoted. We’ll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow and you’d think the plan would be to keep these kids on loan for another season if we go up.

The worst part of loans is falling in love with them. Not the financial aspect of them
As a forest fan I whole heartedly agree although we're learning it's easier said than done to keep them after

Been steering clear for a week or so but thought I'd just say I think this guy is set to an absolute steal for you. Seen a little bit of him and think he's got that making things tick vibe. One worry with that sort of player at 20 is if the rest of the team are a bit poo, they find it hard to drag the whole team forward but this could be a massive coup if the rest of the team is where it needs to be.

Grapes has the Kennedy room. It used to be the Dog & P but changed over a few years ago.

Aye that's right, I had an idea the landlords had swapped over at some point but I couldn't remember all the details.

As a forest fan I whole heartedly agree although we're learning it's easier said than done to keep them after

Been steering clear for a week or so but thought I'd just say I think this guy is set to an absolute steal for you. Seen a little bit of him and think he's got that making things tick vibe. One worry with that sort of player at 20 is if the rest of the team are a bit poo, they find it hard to drag the whole team forward but this could be a massive coup if the rest of the team is where it needs to be.
I think at least initially we’ll look to spell him with Norwood. You’re right about it being hard to keep them the season after if we go up as you’re finding their parent clubs aren’t daft and would rather loan them out again in the hopes of achieving an even bigger pay day the next summer should they impress again at a higher level. It’s what we found with Deano and if they do impress then more likely than not you’re priced out as proven prem players of a good age aren’t cheap or even really attainable the prices are eye watering.

The £20m option was talked about for a while but ultimately dropped. Presumably so they could push it to 30+ if he's great and we stay up. Or alternatively it was realised that it wouldn't allow us to get garner back on loan.

I've always really rated Norwood. Is he a good character to pair him with from a professional point of view?

The £20m option was talked about for a while but ultimately dropped. Presumably so they could push it to 30+ if he's great and we stay up. Or alternatively it was realised that it wouldn't allow us to get garner back on loan.

I've always really rated Norwood. Is he a good character to pair him with from a professional point of view?
That was the rumoured price they wanted from us which is extortionate even for prem teams unless you’ve got a billionaire sugar daddy.

Yeah we’ve never had any off field issues with Norwood and he’s taken the armband for us at various times plus he’s got some useful experience for young lads like Doyle having come through fairly highly rated at Man U but not quite becoming that elite player but going on to have a very respectable career in the game

And now Nixon with the update:

"He's likely signing but there's every chance he doesn't. He's signed. Still hurdles though. Depends on player but he's signing elsewhere. Just joking he's agreeing personal terms now"
“A chance. Up to player now. And club. Sides need to agree a deal. Then contract. Way to go. Decisions.”

player signs

“Aye”

That was the rumoured price they wanted from us which is extortionate even for prem teams unless you’ve got a billionaire sugar daddy.

Yeah we’ve never had any off field issues with Norwood and he’s taken the armband for us at various times plus he’s got some useful experience for young lads like Doyle having come through fairly highly rated at Man U but not quite becoming that elite player but going on to have a very respectable career in the game
And in reality that's the best that a lot of these youth stars can hope to become. Above Norwood I would guess there is a level like Tom cleverly, then one that includes people like lingard and then above that is probably the elite level. Man utd haven't really produced one of their own like that for that for a long while. (Maybe pogba?)

All you can do with doyle is get him in, make him feel loved and if he isn't going to top out at city, you have a trump card when it comes to signing him down the line.

And in reality that's the best that a lot of these youth stars can hope to become. Above Norwood I would guess there is a level like Tom cleverly, then one that includes people like lingard and then above that is probably the elite level. Man utd haven't really produced one of their own like that for that for a long while. (Maybe pogba?)

All you can do with doyle is get him in, make him feel loved and if he isn't going to top out at city, you have a trump card when it comes to signing him down the line.
Yep most lads at the big academies won’t make it even at championship level so to have that sort of career is nothing to be sniffed at.

In terms of Man U the best they’ve produced for a good long while would be Rashford and Greenwood although obviously incredibly serious off field issues with the later.

Sounds like we’ve loaned someone off the set of Corrie.

Can’t wait to sing “you’re just a shit Morgan Gibbs-White” to him away at Luton.

FFS don't let him near Coulibally then!

Back
Top Bottom