Tommy Doyle - Spotlight.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When was the last time we all wanted to keep a loan player? Dean Henderson? Players like Doyle and McAtee are exactly the kind of footballers we need, if United are to grow as a club, and become a fixture in the PL.
Much is made of them not being the finished article, but what stands out for me, as much as their unfinished football development, is their team attitude. They compliment our team ethos, which is the reason we will get promoted this season.
I can accept us being a yo yo club for so long, but we need to grow into a respected permanent PL fixture.
Players like these two, plus Ndiaye and Ahmedhodzic are all good for our future. Why give up on them all now?

Last edited:
When was the last time we all wanted to keep a loan player? Dean Henderson? Players like Doyle and McAtee are exactly the kind of footballers we need, if United are to grow as a club, and become a fixture in the PL.
Much is made of them not being the finished article, but what stands out for me, as much as their unfinished football development, is their team attitude. They compliment our team ethos, which is the reason we will get promoted this season.
I can accept us being a yo yo club for so long, but we need to grow into a respected permanent PL fixture.
MGW, then Hendo

I think we all knew we couldn’t afford to buy Hendo and he hadn’t given up on ManU. MGW would have stayed on loan if we’d have gone up

I agree we should pay for Doyle’s potential. We can build a squad around him, Ili and Anel, but having those three as a spine is a fabulous starting point

McAtee on loan if we can

MGW, then Hendo

I think we all knew we couldn’t afford to buy Hendo and he hadn’t given up on ManU. MGW would have stayed on loan if we’d have gone up

I agree we should pay for Doyle’s potential. We can build a squad around him, Ili and Anel, but having those three as a spine is a fabulous starting point

McAtee on loan if we can
I agree. While I have aalways accepted our position as a development club, it’s about time we moved on to the next level.

1689953104971.png 1689953179078.png

Following the 2022 World Cup break across November and December, the pressure on Sheffield United reached fever pitch as the battle for promotion took shape.
“He was clearly an already important player for Sheffield United, but during that period when it was all on them and the real crunch point in the season and pivotal moment around March.

“You really saw Tommy then [come to the fore]. This was really impressive as well because it was two loan players among the group who decided ‘lets put all this chat about going into the play-

1689953134559.png 1689953242263.png 1689953321670.png

“He really invested in the football club and that earnt him so much respect from the fans as well.”

Back
Top Bottom