Tommy Doyle and James Mcatee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
If today is their last involvement at the Blades, then what 2 fantastic young lads they've proved to be. Completely 'got' the club and given everything to help get us promoted. They've done both Man City and Sheffield United proud. If it's not meant to be for another season at Bramall Lane, I wish them both all the success in the world. 2 great players, but even more than that, 2 great young men. UTB.

Think it would be the best for both lads to come back
Doyle permanently and mcatee on loan he's far from the finished article and would be mutually beneficial for him to get some game time with us

I think Doyle might be back. Great player but is he really good enough for City when they have a 100m man who plays the same position and cant get in the team ?

Our biggest danger is we get out bid by another club but he's guaranteed first team football at the Lane and that may count for a lot so long as nobody else offers him stupid wages

I think Doyle might be back. Great player but is he really good enough for City when they have a 100m man who plays the same position and cant get in the team ?

Our biggest danger is we get out bid by another club but he's guaranteed first team football at the Lane and that may count for a lot so long as nobody else offers him stupid wages
Doyle is looking like a decent lower prem player, I can't honestly see him getting anywhere near the City first team.
Fingers crossed we sign him.

Instrumental during the 2nd half of the season and seem like they’ve genuinely loved it here.

Two big GLTTLs if we don’t see them in red and white again.

If today is their last involvement at the Blades, then what 2 fantastic young lads they've proved to be. Completely 'got' the club and given everything to help get us promoted. They've done both Man City and Sheffield United proud. If it's not meant to be for another season at Bramall Lane, I wish them both all the success in the world. 2 great players, but even more than that, 2 great young men. UTB.
Well said.

It’ll be a real shame if this is the last we see if them in a Blades shirt. Both have done themselves proud.

Neither had the best first half of the season, especially not McAtee, but he's proved me wrong. After Luton he clearly had a mindset change and his all round game has come on so much. He really didn't have many defensive attributes when he first joined us but gradually improved in that area while scoring and creating vital goals for us. He needs to be more involved in games but I can see him getting another Championship loan next season. At least for 6 months. I don't think he's ready for the Premier League outside of cameos.

Doyle started off injured and then really struggled with his stamina. The cup games made him though and playing in the Norwood role has show just what he's capable of. He's all action and never stops. He also has quality as well. It's as impressive the improvement he's made to his stamina as anything else. Not sure if he's ready for the Premier League just yet. If he was a 6 foot brute then he would probably attract interest from a fair few teams. As it is, maybe Fulham?

I think it's fair to say that we wouldn't have gone up automatically without them. They've been integral to the last 10-15 games.

We owe a lot to those 2 boys this season. I will be sad if that is it with us and them, but I do hope however things turn out they both do get to the level they should be at. Good luck fellas and go smash it wherever you end up next.

Absolutely spot on. Credit to them, they’ve handled themselves brilliantly and been patient and professional throughout

I’d love to see both of them back in Blades shirts but I’m guessing the next time we see James McAtee he’ll be in a Man City shirt

Tommy Doyle I’d love him back permanently if we could

I think Doyle might be back.
Me too. Both of them have pretty much proved themselves at Championship level what better way to prove themselves at PL level at a club that has just come up through promotion and in a team they gel with. Luckily for us they wouldnt get into a Man City side. We shall have to wait and see.

No doubt if Mcatee goes elsewhere he will be the first half of the 'Mcatee Song' next season!

Neither had the best first half of the season, especially not McAtee, but he's proved me wrong. After Luton he clearly had a mindset change and his all round game has come on so much. He really didn't have many defensive attributes when he first joined us but gradually improved in that area while scoring and creating vital goals for us. He needs to be more involved in games but I can see him getting another Championship loan next season. At least for 6 months. I don't think he's ready for the Premier League outside of cameos.

Doyle started off injured and then really struggled with his stamina. The cup games made him though and playing in the Norwood role has show just what he's capable of. He's all action and never stops. He also has quality as well. It's as impressive the improvement he's made to his stamina as anything else. Not sure if he's ready for the Premier League just yet. If he was a 6 foot brute then he would probably attract interest from a fair few teams. As it is, maybe Fulham?

I think it's fair to say that we wouldn't have gone up automatically without them. They've been integral to the last 10-15 games.
Mcatee will be in the prem next season hopefully with us

They both became "Blades", no doubt about that, they loved scoring for us and they loved the adulation from the fans.

Would love to see them back, but no matter what happens, they go with all our good wishes for a bright footballing future.

We were tumbling from our 12 point lead down to near collapse. Hecky started playing Doyle and McAtee instead of Norwood and Doyle and the team picked up and never looked back. I hope that the Blades can hold onto these two. Fans were calling for a new midfield for ages ,at the moment we are back to the same pedestrian midfield ,who won't cut it in the Premier League.

That’s a wank, embarrassing song. I’m disappointed it’s caught on.

It’s a catchy tune, so it has.

Don’t mind the other classic….

“We’re going up, with fucking Jack Robboooo, and his reight long throwwww”

It’s a catchy tune, so it has.

Don’t mind the other classic….

“We’re going up, with fucking Jack Robboooo, and his reight long throwwww”
It’s ironic that everyone would actually welcome MGW back. :)

Macca says he is keen on coming back in his post match interview.

Back
Top Bottom