Tommy Doyle joins on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just watched his highlight reel. Can we sign the pacey winger he keeps picking out as well or his long range passing becomes obsolete with our set up.

Get to fuck. Let me be the first to call bullshit on that rumour. No way would Man City allow that at this stage it’s far too early for him.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but I was shocked that they've sold Bazunu who is younger than Doyle.
Perhaps new rules are influencing thinking:

"But the maximum of six players loaned out will be implemented by 2024 and Premier League clubs will have to fall into line on an international and domestic level"

Not saying that you're right or wrong, but I was shocked that they've sold Bazunu who is younger than Doyle.
Perhaps new rules are influencing thinking:

"But the maximum of six players loaned out will be implemented by 2024 and Premier League clubs will have to fall into line on an international and domestic level"
I would be only too happy to apologise, I just don’t see it for him yet. If he has a good season he’s suddenly a £15-20M player should they cash in.

And young, the more young, quick, fit, skillful players we can get into the first team, the better we will be moving forward.
I agree. But as its only a loan, its not really a policy going forward is it? We need to be getting players in that category in on permanent. And no, I'm not saying we can afford the likes of MGW or this lad on a perms. I'm just saying.

I agree. But as its only a loan, its not really a policy going forward is it? We need to be getting players in that category in on permanent. And no, I'm not saying we can afford the likes of MGW or this lad on a perms. I'm just saying.
We can’t afford players of this calibre in on permanent deals. We can if they get us up to though.

Totally agree, but surely this will help to attract the players we need to be signing on permanently?? Can only show them that they can play and kick start thier careers.

Agreed, but I think until we can shift some of the high earner/low value players on, this will need to be our model in the short term (unless we go up/get taken over).

Starting to get a bit of a reputation for providing good development for younger players on the fringes of premier league squads. Dean Henderson and MGW were two of the more successful players we helped develop. Ampadu even made a good few appearances for us in our relegation season.

Totally agree, but surely this will help to attract the players we need to be signing on permanently?? Can only show them that they can play and kick start thier careers.
We need to get up and then replace or retain them. Not ideal but we’re bringing in on loan better than we can afford in order to get promoted. We’ll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow and you’d think the plan would be to keep these kids on loan for another season if we go up.

Back
Top Bottom