Tom Lawrence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where do Capology get their info from?

for SUFC they have Davies on £60k / week, Norwood on £15k / week, Egan on £7.5 / week and MGW on £1.5k / week.

Adam Davies on £7.5, league 1 Wes on £5.

do the players phone them up and tell them how much they are earning.

Well some blades on here are all telling us Lawrence is on bigger wages so it must be common knowledge

when all said. and done if its to slag off the. club its OK to make shit up on the hoof and pretend it's true

Lawrence on 30k a week at Derby I can believe.

Another club giving him 30k a week I won't believe for one second.

A player like Lawrence is worth at least 2m (similar to what we paid for Norwood). 2m over 3 years is ~13k a week. Add on what you would normally be willing to pay him (10-15k/wk), you can see how he could pick up a new deal in the 20-30k/wk range if he is moving on a free transfer.

Iirc, Derby players had their contracts ripped up last season and were forced to sign new ones. EFL wage restrictions limited them to £4k a week per player. Rooney kept his £60k a week because he wasnt playing staff.

I'm also unsure why there's such a lack of understanding that playing in the league 1 equivalent of a youth League isn't the same as playing in the Premier League equivalent of a youth League.

If anyone talks about signing the latter all hell breaks loose about blocking the former. Like they're the same calibre of player.

Look at Boyes'. Did great last season on loan in the conference and just signed up to play league 1 football next season. He's 20 though and not going to be playing at this level until at least 21. If he makes the jump. And that's a big if.
No matter what level of youth football players play in the step up to first team football is the big one whether conference or league 1.
The aggression needed to work your way up is just as important as technic.
Unless a player can cope with t

for SUFC they have Davies on £60k / week, Norwood on £15k / week, Egan on £7.5 / week and MGW on £1.5k / week.

Egan for £7.50 a week, that's a bargain!

They make it up and then it gets posted on the internet and people believe it!

Iirc, Derby players had their contracts ripped up last season and were forced to sign new ones. EFL wage restrictions limited them to £4k a week per player. Rooney kept his £60k a week because he wasnt playing staff.
Nonsense ,a players contract must be paid to come out of administration if not the club risk losing their league membership

Nonsense ,a players contract must be paid to come out of administration if not the club risk losing their league membership
^^^^ this
They can ask for payments to be deferred but ultimately are in breach of contract and the player can leave. Derby could only pay a maximum of 4k per week to new signings at the time

You're probably right. Looking back, the players were allegedly told to sign blank contracts with no wages on, possibly as a loophole. New signings were free agents only capped at 4.5k a week. I've merged 2 different stories.

Exactly, his demands are £40k a week. I know that for a fact.

Appreciate it doesn’t work this way and there is a knock on effect in terms of other players demands and squad harmony.

But if you paid a 2/3 million for him (rather than a free) that equates to say 20k a week over a 3 year contract..

He’s in a position to essentially demand a cut of the transfer fee in he wages. I.e 40k a week instead of 20k a week and 3million fee (for the sake of argument).

Point stands he’s not worth 40k a week irregardless

How long has he got left on his Derby contract? I highly doubt they even considered writing in a reduction on relegation given they would've been challenging for promotion at the time his contract was signed. 30 grand a week is not sustainable in league one surely?

He won't get that here. Nevermind 40. Given his attitude I doubt he will get it anywhere so he can enjoy league one football for a season

£3.12m signing on fee and £20k a week = £40k a week. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone paid that.

£3.12m signing on fee and £20k a week = £40k a week. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone paid that.
He's bound for the pigs as they already Bazza on about 30k a week.

Back
Top Bottom