Times Article - Infuriating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Told by a retired footballer I asume. Seems well informed.
All this is putting pressure on the Prince I hope he reads it !! Maybe he will be more inclined to take an offer even if its a partial buyout ( invester).
Should make him squirm he knew from day one we were doomed ! He says he loves the club! his next moves will confirm this or not over to you Prince.!
Doomed yes ! I don't think he expected us to be smashed the way we have been so often.
Yes it's all on him.

All this Berge/N'diaye crap does my head in, neither of them wanted to be here and guess what even if they had both stayed we would be in exactly the same place as we are now ie Rock bottom.
Berge wasn't actively pursuing a move away. We tried to move him on every window for two years.

We might not have fared any better position wise but I'd dare say we'd have had at least a chance of being competitive with them.

Some of this was well discussed at the time.

People said Berge wouldn't be missed and it didn't matter, plus we'd got money etc etc. Not unfair comments by any means bit as was also mentioned, these things have impacts on the remaining players. As it states in the article, a senior player highlighted the squad's morale.

I've generally stuck up for the owner but not having enough money is one thing, behaving in this fashion is another.

All this Berge/N'diaye crap does my head in, neither of them wanted to be here and guess what even if they had both stayed we would be in exactly the same place as we are now ie Rock bottom.
Disagree massively- we could have kept Berge and Ndiaye (best player for 50 years) with proper incentive- don't believe the smoke and mirrors.

WE would have been alot better in first few games- definitely NOT rock bottom.

Disagree massively- we could have kept Berge and Ndiaye (best player for 50 years) with proper incentive- don't believe the smoke and mirrors.

I've never believed we would stay up but we only lost 1-0 to Palace with a team that would struggle in the league below, and to a late goal at Forest with a team not much better.

Even 2 points from those games would have got the team off to a decent start and given confidence to the players.

All this is putting pressure on the Prince I hope he reads it !! Maybe he will be more inclined to take an offer even if its a partial buyout ( invester).
Should make him squirm he knew from day one we were doomed ! He says he loves the club! his next moves will confirm this or not over to you Prince.!
Doomed yes ! I don't think he expected us to be smashed the way we have been so often.
Yes it's all on him.
It's funny that the article is accredited to Gregor Robertson, but the clubs and dates mentioned would fit with Tony Cascarino who also writes for the Times.

Probably true, but with hindsight keeping them till at least almost the end of the window gives us more of a chance to get early points. Selling them then having to wait for replacements cost us a chance to get more points on the board early. With Ndaiye even if hes not in brilliant form (we will never know) we press the opposition a million times better.

If he really wanted to then why didn't he? Did he sign for Burnley at gunpoint?
I meant rather than sign for us. Everyone's got a price, and Burnley were prepared to hit it. Plus the VC / ego effect, I'd guess.

Yes it's all on him.
I agree.
Furthermore, let’s explode the myth that the Prince loves the club. and has our best interests at heart.Yeah right, he loves us so much, he was prepared to walk away, take the money, if they had it, and leave us in the hands of Henry Mauriss and then Dozy Mmobuosi. Thankfully the EFL/Prem, helped us dodge those particular bullets.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Ndiaye has exposed himself as a one-season wonder. He went to France, which is the same level as the Championship and flopped big time.

The article mostly stated the obvious and tells us little new. I'm struggling to work out how someone can get that infuriated by it that they don't even know which newspaper they're reading :)

Agree but it's just nice to have mainstream media hilighting the owners part in all this shambles rather than banging on about Wilder & sandwiches.

perhaps they knew where the club was heading . no wonder they wanted to go . I also think most fans knew where we were heading to .

Agree but it's just nice to have mainstream media hilighting the owners part in all this shambles rather than banging on about Wilder & sandwiches.

Yep. For example, from the Guardian since Christmas we’ve had a David Squires cartoon that people assure me is funny, and a Louise Taylor piece replete with factual errors. This piece repeats what many of us know but it will be new to many non Blades I suspect.

agree ,the prince has said it was his best piece of business selling Ndiaye ,Well what now princy baby ?

Some of this was well discussed at the time.

People said Berge wouldn't be missed and it didn't matter, plus we'd got money etc etc. Not unfair comments by any means bit as was also mentioned, these things have impacts on the remaining players. As it states in the article, a senior player highlighted the squad's morale.

I've generally stuck up for the owner but not having enough money is one thing, behaving in this fashion is another.
Most on here thought Hamer was an upgrade on Berge. The truth is neither are good enough for the Premier League

I agree.
Furthermore, let’s explode the myth that the Prince loves the club. and has our best interests at heart.Yeah right, he loves us so much, he was prepared to walk away, take the money, if they had it, and leave us in the hands of Henry Mauriss and then Dozy Mmobuosi. Thankfully the EFL/Prem, helped us dodge those particular bullets.
I agree he would have taken their cash even though they were as bent as a butchers hook . Thanks PL from saving us from an even worse nightmare than the one we have now.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Ndiaye has exposed himself as a one-season wonder. He went to France, which is the same level as the Championship and flopped big time.
I'm not sure that's quite true, but the fortunes of both him and Berge have done nothing to strengthen the argument that we'd have been okay if we'd kept them.

In simple terms it just looks like we'd be in the championship next season, but £30,000,000 worse off.

None is disputing that, but the fact the manager wanted to keep him as he sees him as a key player in us staying up and then finds out through the other clubs staff sending him a picture that he's leaving and then having to contact our hierarchy to drag an answer out of them, is unbelievably poor and not how a club even in the championship nevermind a club just promoted to the richest league in the world should be doing business

Most on here thought Hamer was an upgrade on Berge. The truth is neither are good enough for the Premier League
Berge I still say I can live without. He's doing what he did with us in the Premier League before - looking a bit better than the rest of a failing group.

Ndiaye was always going to be irreplaceable. Every team dreams of a player who can contribute to them what Ndiaye did for us. I'd still snatch someone's hand off for Doyle back. Those two have killed us more than Berge.

On top of that, we desperately needed an upgrade in defence. All we got was Trusty who, whether he might come good at some point, was a player you'd have wanted to gradually bed into top-flight football, not someone who you thought you'd bring in and rely on for a season, especially if the side is already struggling. Egan looked past his best but without him we're undeniably far worse.

I agree.
Didn't he publicly say quite early in the process of both 'takeovers' that he didn't think that either would actually happen, though?
He must have known that both were dodgy, but was prepared to take their £10m deposits anyway.
Were either of the the deposits actually received and kept or - if they were sent - did the club have to repay them? Anyone know?
utb

Imho they're very different players.

I liked Hamer in the Champ and was happy when we signed him. He started off well but has faded badly.

That said this team won't be aiding his performances or confidence either.

Imho they're very different players.

I liked Hamer in the Champ and was happy when we signed him. He started off well but has faded badly.

That said this team won't be aiding his performances or confidence either.
The issue I have with Hamer is that the expectation for him to drop back down a league and just be good again isn’t realistic. He’s probably wanting to get a move asap based on the shitshow he’s been a part of this season.

I really can’t imagine many of the new signings have any affinity to the club with the way that we’ve acted!

Back
Top Bottom