Heckingbottom keeps Blades' survival bonus

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mendi

Reaction score
Paul Heckingbottom is due a sizable bonus should Sheffield United stay up this season – despite getting the sack.

The former Blades boss was shown the door last month and replaced by Chris Wilder as the South Yorkshire side seek an unlikely escape from the drop.

And should Wilder complete what many consider a mission impossible, Heckingbottom may well be raising a glass to his successor after managing to ensure that a Premier League survival clause in his contract remains intact – on a pro-rata basis - despite his dismissal.

Words fail me.

Would Chris Wider have got a bonus if Hecky had kept us up ?

Did Slav get a bonus for the Blades getting to the play offs that year ?

Is Jim Ratcliffe in line for a bonus from us ?

Heckingbottom deserves a medal for the mess he had to put up with at the Lane. Well done to him if he does eventually get his survival bonus.

He has my sincere thanks and respect for what he did for our club and I can only hope that a great future lies ahead for him in football management. I will follow his career with great interest.

Wonder what the chances are of Hecky pottering around a bit then returning as some sort of Football Executive to allow Chris to focus on the first team?

Dunno what usual practise is but I can't say I particularly care one way or the other here. Without what he did last year we wouldn't be talking about potential survival bonuses

Heckingbottom deserves a medal for the mess he had to put up with at the Lane. Well done to him if he does eventually get his survival bonus.

He has my sincere thanks and respect for what he did for our club and I can only hope that a great future lies ahead for him in football management. I will follow his career with great interest.
Exactly

I doubt he's stuck a sizeable deposit down on a timeshare in Tenerife on the back of it.....

Well the chances are he is going to get diddly squat then for this season as we are just about doomed this season and only have a flicker of a chance still. And if we do somehow wriggle out of this one, then I will be happy for Hecky to get a nice bonus.

If it is paid then whilst technically it may be a bonus for helping to keep us up, he's failed miserably this season and the bonus will be deserved for bringing a bit of level headedness and calmness to the table when we were flapping about after CW left us and then for picking us up again post Slav.

I maintain it wasn't particularly good management on his part to get us up last season (despite the board doing it's best to derail us in parts and PH himself being overly reliant on some of his favourites) and he did so mainly because he had one outstanding player at his disposal who was head and shoulders above the standard in the league. However he did achieve promotion when it was win or bust time and for that he has my thanks and I have no issues if he was to get a message ce financial bonus from us. I'd be delighted in fact as it means we have somehow managed to survive.

No, but it could have been drafted to ensure he got nothing if he was sacked before a certain date.

Chances are he will get nothing, and if he does, I will be happy we are paying him.

Maybe it was and the threshold was 10 games.

Probably up there with me shagging Margot Robbie..,
She won fuck all at the globes, maybe she'll be our new number 1 keeper. Imagine 4k away fans screaming "you shit bastard ah aha ah" as she takes a goal kick.

Wonder what the chances are of Hecky pottering around a bit then returning as some sort of Football Executive to allow Chris to focus on the first team?

The Prince has recently said he offered Hecky other roles at the club when he was sacked
...which he turned down because he wanted a break from football.

However the Prince made it clear he really likes Hecky as a person and also rates some of his skills.
So he confirmed that it was a possibility that Hecky could return back to SUFC in the future because the door is still open for him.

I suppose it depends what offers he receives elsewhere.....I'd be surprised if any `decent Championship will show any interest. I predicted a while back if Darren Moore struggles at Huddersfield.....that I could see him going there and that might be the best club he could get.

Back
Top Bottom