Times Article - Infuriating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With all other recent signings, we've tended to include an option for us to trigger an extra year. Assuming this was the case with both Ndaiye and Berge, we could've had them both until May 2025, so both this season and next. Add 3–4 quality signings, and that would've made such a difference. Short-term thinking means selling them which we'll pay for anyway.

With all other recent signings, we've tended to include an option for us to trigger an extra year. Assuming this was the case with both Ndaiye and Berge, we could've had them both until May 2025, so both this season and next. Add 3–4 quality signings, and that would've made such a difference. Short-term thinking means selling them which we'll pay for anyway.
I don't think this is correct in this case. If we had th me option we'd have taken it rather than agreeing a cut price deal wouldn't we? I don't recall an 'option' having ever been discussed for either.

We could have spent the same amount of money this year (because I know its unlikely we will ever get a proper rich owner) but done everything in a much smarter, cost effective, and rationale approach over the past few years and we would be lightyears ahead as a club

If he really wanted to then why didn't he? Did he sign for Burnley at gunpoint?
He probably saw the writing on the wall.
I've had sympathy for the Prince previously.Naively it seems

What a shitshow.

Especially Hecky being usurped in such a cowardly manner.

Whoever was responsible needs exposing and seems to me had a short term plan to chase the prem prize money,with little regard for the consequences,those now being witnessed every matchday.

Perhaps it also explains why our better players are going through the motions.

Wilder on the one hand reminding his players about the honour of the badge,whilst upstairs replicates a circus.

Hard to be commited with such mixed messages,so I can empathise with the players too.

No amount of money buys the desire to be part of a real journey such as the one we witnessed from league one.

We were all hoping those fighting qualities could be replicated,how disillusioned many of us must feel now.

Can't help but admire Hecky for his conduct and keeping all that background drama from fans ears.Amazed he stayed so long.

I'm still not convinced Chris is the answer,especially as he set up the team to go toe to toe against opponents who instinctively know where the balls going next before they've received it.

I think he reached his nadir previously. A once in a lifetime achievement for which we should all be forever grateful.Expecting a rinse n repeat is probably unrealistic.

However if he is replaced,I pity the poor soul who comes in to be the next whipping boy of the current regime of seemingly careless and incompetent fuckwits.

Looks like it's wipe the slate clean time all round.

One caveat for me is to build around Blaster,Brooke's and the other academy lads showing similar capabilities of handling first team footy and the expectation of a packed out Lane.

They shone their lights on a n utter debacle on Monday.

Brings hope.As long as competence and common sense prevail.Wouldn't that be a refreshing change.

UTB,hopeless fool that I am🤪

Its messy, but I can't believe that Berge was sold totally under Hecky's nose. I believe he was aware that the club was willing to sell at the right price - and I have no doubt he wasn't thrilled by it, and the deal moved quickly which no doubt pissed him off.

Taking the Berge money and buying Hamer makes long term sense for this club. Its not worked out this year, we can only judge what happens in the next few years as to whether it was the right call.

Berge wasn't enough to keep us up (I don't think anyone believes that). Having Hamer either as a saleable asset to balance the books or as the lynchpin of the team next year puts us in a much better position than Berge walking away for free.

All this Berge/N'diaye crap does my head in, neither of them wanted to be here and guess what even if they had both stayed we would be in exactly the same place as we are now ie Rock bottom.
I think we would have had more points actually. Especially if we had kept N'Diaye.

That said if we kept him against his will.... Would he have been as arsed!? Chances are we would have lost him for free this summer. But he may well have been the difference. I don't think his influence on our play could have been overstated.

What that times article highlights is how we do business. Hecky should have been informed that we have accepted a bid from Burnley before he was told via a Burnley source.
It also shows you that the squad knew what was coming and were not happy at our strategy.

For me the prince does not see any of the bigger picture. Ever. Yes he should be hard on finances but there are ways to do things and I reckon part of the issue is he is largely absent.

He probably saw the writing on the wall.
I've had sympathy for the Prince previously.Naively it seems

What a shitshow.

Especially Hecky being usurped in such a cowardly manner.

Whoever was responsible needs exposing and seems to me had a short term plan to chase the prem prize money,with little regard for the consequences,those now being witnessed every matchday.

Perhaps it also explains why our better players are going through the motions.

Wilder on the one hand reminding his players about the honour of the badge,whilst upstairs replicates a circus.

Hard to be commited with such mixed messages,so I can empathise with the players too.

No amount of money buys the desire to be part of a real journey such as the one we witnessed from league one.

We were all hoping those fighting qualities could be replicated,how disillusioned many of us must feel now.

Can't help but admire Hecky for his conduct and keeping all that background drama from fans ears.Amazed he stayed so long.

I'm still not convinced Chris is the answer,especially as he set up the team to go toe to toe against opponents who instinctively know where the balls going next before they've received it.

I think he reached his nadir previously. A once in a lifetime achievement for which we should all be forever grateful.Expecting a rinse n repeat is probably unrealistic.

However if he is replaced,I pity the poor soul who comes in to be the next whipping boy of the current regime of seemingly careless and incompetent fuckwits.

Looks like it's wipe the slate clean time all round.

One caveat for me is to build around Blaster,Brooke's and the other academy lads showing similar capabilities of handling first team footy and the expectation of a packed out Lane.

They shone their lights on a n utter debacle on Monday.

Brings hope.As long as competence and common sense prevail.Wouldn't that be a refreshing change.

UTB,hopeless fool that I am🤪
think that just about sums it up mate . but i think you are asking to much ,if the young uns look anything like being decent i dont think it will be to long until they are sold .

this screams of damage limitation. this isnt the 1st time they changed their story. 12 mths ago finances aren't that they said ndiaye & berge are only sold if we dont go up. then we find out in july we're up creek without a paddle & skint despite promotion

'Source' = Bettis

Well we can’t believe a word can we?

Do you think there’s a chance that both sides could possibly not being 100%?

Wonder which board member Hecky phoned? The lawyer, the accountant, the relative or the company secretary. None of who are on the football side of things.

All this Berge/N'diaye crap does my head in, neither of them wanted to be here and guess what even if they had both stayed we would be in exactly the same place as we are now ie Rock bottom.
No player wants to be at a club when another offers them more money, but this miserable "can't compete, won't compete, and poor old us bolox" has got to stop.
Every single season we have at least 10 players come through the door who are so wank they can't even get in our team.

Even in our successful season of 2019-20 we had about ten players arrive who barely played 10 fucking minutes between them. Constantly trying to find something for fucking nothing in the hope that something good will happen with one of them, instead of limiting it to saying "he's a good player, get him signed"

Back
Top Bottom