Times Article - Infuriating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Also doesn't Statons tweet confirm Hecky wasn't told as per the offending article?

The comments about the fans walking out, and how this affects the players is the part that stands out for me. I have been saying for weeks that I don't think we will win another game at home this season, because the whole place is a bag of nerves. And before anyone suggests it, I am not criticising the fans who do leave, because I say this has someone who hasn't set foot in the place since the Bournemouth debacle.

We know that we will concede, as do the players, it's inevitable. And once we do, a 2nd and 3rd quickly follows. Game fucking over after 30 minutes and whilst everyone wants the players to puff out their chests and put up a fight, they probably just want to run down the tunnel and hide in the dressing room. It would take a very special type of sportsman to thrive in these circumstances, and sadly we don't have any of them.

No, but he wouldn't sign a new contract either. What he really wanted was to walk for free.
Or, worded another way, he wanted to play for us for the amount of time he agreed to. He signed a contract and was prepared to see it out. We got him to sign the contract and weren't prepared to see it out.

That a player doesn't want to sign a new contract isn't the same as a player not wanting to play for the club. Maybe he'd have signed a new contract if we stayed up?

the whole place is a bag of nerves.

I honestly don’t feel that. It’s odd, but I turn up completely devoid of adrenaline because the season ended last summer.

When the kids came on vs Arsenal the fans left in the ground genuinely supported them. I even clapped them off (and Baldock). It’s football but only as subtext. 🤷‍♂️

I honestly don’t feel that. It’s odd, but I turn up completely devoid of adrenaline because the season ended last summer.

When the kids came on vs Arsenal the fans left in the ground genuinely supported them. I even clapped them off (and Baldock). It’s football but only as subtext. 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough, I wasn't there, but it was the feeling I was getting during the games I did attend. Maybe it was just me 😂

Or, worded another way, he wanted to play for us for the amount of time he agreed to. He signed a contract and was prepared to see it out. We got him to sign the contract and weren't prepared to see it out.

That a player doesn't want to sign a new contract isn't the same as a player not wanting to play for the club. Maybe he'd have signed a new contract if we stayed up?
He was prepared to take the risk with Burnley.

Either way, he was doing what lots if players do. Nothing wrong with that, but spare me the “he wanted to stay” stuff.

He was prepared to take the risk with Burnley.

Either way, he was doing what lots if players do. Nothing wrong with that, but spare me the “he wanted to stay” stuff.
I imagine every player we have wanted to leave, it won't have just been the fans that saw this car crash coming.

I just don't like the suggestion that had we kept Berge and Ndiaye, they'd have refused to play for us or not tried. Even players that hand in transfer requests and demand to leave end up playing again, if only for their own sake.

That prince is the only one who has put us in the mess we are in. he is not interested in the club, but wants to make a massive profit by selling the club. What a joke.fucked off overseas somewhere. he is the opposite of the old captains who went down with his ship. jumped ship even before this season started.sold our most valuable assets
Left for Hecky.then Chris Wilder to face the cameras and press. our club has been ruined. It will take a hell of a long time to recover i,m afraid.
I am a season ticket holder on the Kop. suffered the full 90-plus minutes every home game we have got pasted. however, i don't blame anyone who has left well before the end of the game.

The comments about the fans walking out, and how this affects the players is the part that stands out for me. I have been saying for weeks that I don't think we will win another game at home this season, because the whole place is a bag of nerves. And before anyone suggests it, I am not criticising the fans who do leave, because I say this has someone who hasn't set foot in the place since the Bournemouth debacle.

We know that we will concede, as do the players, it's inevitable. And once we do, a 2nd and 3rd quickly follows. Game fucking over after 30 minutes and whilst everyone wants the players to puff out their chests and put up a fight, they probably just want to run down the tunnel and hide in the dressing room. It would take a very special type of sportsman to thrive in these circumstances, and sadly we don't have any of them.
Mentioned this in another thread on fan's leaving early, most of the players are just a bag of nerves playing at the lane, l don't think it's any coincidence that our 2 decent performances recently were away from home.
Problem is l don't think the league will allow us to play our remaining games away.

Funny how the owner now wants to enlist the help of local radio to get this version of events out…

I find it actually laughable that they can use the line ‘attempts to contact were made’ - bull. shit.
Hecky woke up, looked at his phone notifications and saw 12 missed calls from 'Abz mobile' and 10 from 'Snek'.

He just assumed it wouldn't be anything important and drove to Shirecliffe via the Parkway Cafe.

He probably saw the writing on the wall.
I've had sympathy for the Prince previously.Naively it seems

What a shitshow.

Especially Hecky being usurped in such a cowardly manner.

Whoever was responsible needs exposing and seems to me had a short term plan to chase the prem prize money,with little regard for the consequences,those now being witnessed every matchday.

Perhaps it also explains why our better players are going through the motions.

Wilder on the one hand reminding his players about the honour of the badge,whilst upstairs replicates a circus.

Hard to be commited with such mixed messages,so I can empathise with the players too.

No amount of money buys the desire to be part of a real journey such as the one we witnessed from league one.

We were all hoping those fighting qualities could be replicated,how disillusioned many of us must feel now.

Can't help but admire Hecky for his conduct and keeping all that background drama from fans ears.Amazed he stayed so long.

I'm still not convinced Chris is the answer,especially as he set up the team to go toe to toe against opponents who instinctively know where the balls going next before they've received it.

I think he reached his nadir previously. A once in a lifetime achievement for which we should all be forever grateful.Expecting a rinse n repeat is probably unrealistic.

However if he is replaced,I pity the poor soul who comes in to be the next whipping boy of the current regime of seemingly careless and incompetent fuckwits.

Looks like it's wipe the slate clean time all round.

One caveat for me is to build around Blaster,Brooke's and the other academy lads showing similar capabilities of handling first team footy and the expectation of a packed out Lane.

They shone their lights on a n utter debacle on Monday.

Brings hope.As long as competence and common sense prevail.Wouldn't that be a refreshing change.

UTB,hopeless fool that I am🤪
Berge did see the writing on the wall,he specifically referenced the 'problems' at the club without going into any details shortly after signing,and while those problems remain,how many other players are going to say thanks but no thanks when we try to recruit this summer?

The Prince talking to Wilder while Hecky was still manager was the thing that made me realise this is a bloke that we can't trust.
I am sorry but business is done that way
You do not get rid of someone and then start to negotiate for his replacement

There is a new even more infuriating article in the Financial Times comparing the new British ISA announced in the Budget to Sheff Utd (in a bad way to anybody in doubt). This is yet another example of how we’ve become a laughing stock nationally and now even the measure used when you want to say something is “useless” !

It is behind a paywall so I attach a screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
You need to ask yourselves...

This happened way back in August, but seven months on these revelations are now being made public.

Why now?

Berge did see the writing on the wall,he specifically referenced the 'problems' at the club without going into any details shortly after signing,and while those problems remain,how many other players are going to say thanks but no thanks when we try to recruit this summer?
The level of problems they see are indirectly proportional to the size off the pay packet on offer.

You need to ask yourselves...

This happened way back in August, but seven months on these revelations are now being made public.

Why now?

Because Heckingbottom is no longer bound by his non-disclosure agreement would be my best guess. Perhaps we haven't paid him what he's owed.

You, of course, have no idea.

Everything's fine?
Wilders only get out now is Heckys team and methods were so poor he never had a chance. Hecky feels hard done to so speaks to a hack who embellishes the story a bit (more armament factories less elephants George) and Radio Tufty comes in backing the clubs version (shock!) which subliminally suggests Hecky strangles kitten which St Chris brings back to life and is trying hard to do the same with players.

Wilders only get out now is Heckys team and methods were so poor he never had a chance. Hecky feels hard done to so speaks to a hack who embellishes the story a bit (more armament factories less elephants George) and Radio Tufty comes in backing the clubs version (shock!) which subliminally suggests Hecky strangles kitten which St Chris brings back to life and is trying hard to do the same with players.

Sniper shot the kittens.

Everything's fine?
Only someone a bit daft would say everything is fine Baltic.

But with respect, some of the stuff you put on here is like the clues on the old game show 321. They say a lot and nothing at all at the same time.

No offence intended, just how it reads that’s all

Only someone a bit daft would say everything is fine Baltic.

But with respect, some of the stuff you put on here is like the clues on the old game show 321. They say a lot and nothing at all at the same time.

No offence intended, just how it reads that’s all

No offence taken, that's a fair comment.

“that's a fair comment.”

And just what do you mean by that?

People are entitled to their opinion. But if you disagree with someone elses opinion the way to respond isn't by being abusive. He said I leave clues which may or may not be difficult to interpret. I think that's a fair comment.

Back
Top Bottom