There are wannabe ITKs trying to create a toxic atmosphere at the club!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wait till September and stop being pathetic!

The board have created this atmosphere though - not ITKs

From a PR POV it’s been nothing short of a disaster!

If you’re going to sell your BEST players on promotion. You have to have some replacement in house already. The atmosphere is going to turn toxic fast unless they actually act and stop pissing around trying and failing to sign players.

The entire off season has felt more like relegation than promotion and could have been avoided if we actually had a competent recruitment team. Or seemingly had a plan in place for who and what we want that was executable.

If you’re going to sell your BEST players on promotion. You have to have some replacement in house already. The atmosphere is going to turn toxic fast unless they actually act and stop pissing around trying and failing to sign players.

The entire off season has felt more like relegation than promotion and could have been avoided if we actually had a competent recruitment team. Or seemingly had a plan in place for who and what we want that was executable.
Am upset that Ndiaye has gone. Football agents have so much power on player movements. Ndiaye's agents getting £2M from the deal shows what football is like now

I accepted, and even thought there was some logic, that Berge and Ndiaye were going to move on so we get something for them to build our 2024-2025 promotion campaign team.

What I didn't expect is for it to happen so late in this window and no adequate replacements in the pipeline, and for Doyle and McAttee not to have re-signed as well.

Am upset that Ndiaye has gone. Football agents have so much power on player movements. Ndiaye's agents getting £2M from the deal shows what football is like now

We’ve bent over though.

I accepted we probably couldn’t do much for Ndaiye or Berge if they really want to go. I see a business sense to selling

But why have we been so abject at getting thier replacements in. If we’d had 5/6 players we need in and ready you could accept the outgoings. Now it just looks like we aren’t even trying.

We’re sleepwalking into the season. There’s no urgency.

Poor hecky! Feel so much for him trying to steer this rudderless ship. Let’s remember that and back him through the inevitable disaster

We’ve bent over though.

I accepted we probably couldn’t do much for Ndaiye or Berge if they really want to go. I see a business sense to selling

But why have we been so abject at getting thier replacements in. If we’d had 5/6 players we need in and ready you could accept the outgoings. Now it just looks like we aren’t even trying.

We’re sleepwalking into the season. There’s no urgency.

Poor hecky! Feel so much for him trying to steer this rudderless ship. Let’s remember that and back him through the inevitable disaster
Creating a toxic atmosphere will put off players from coming here.

Wait till September!

I’m normally quite supportive of the club

But do agree that it’s poor business to sell players before buying. Look at West Ham, got over 100 mill for Declan Rice and now struggling to buy anyone due to all their targets being over priced.

Common sense says players we target now know we have money and are relatively desperate, so won’t agents push up the price above their true valuation.

Suspect we must already have a replacement lined up and agreed for Berge, would hope some deals have already been agreed. If not then it’s poor.

I accepted relegation some time ago.
I hadn’t up until N’diaye went, and the Berg news has put the tin hat on it.
I admire your stoicism and patience, but today’s news has left me gutted.
I remember the Deane/Fjortoft sales, and these 2 feel worse.
All last season’s hard work seems to have gone up in smoke, and Ican’t help feeling it’s at least in part, a calamity of our own making.
Hopefully, I will feel better in September, but the club just doesn’t feel like it’s going in the right direction, at the moment.

Genuine question:

In your opinion, would it have been better to sell in January or now?

Keeping them isn't an option.

Yes I wanted to keep Berge last season, I thought we needed him to gain promotion. If you doesn't want to sign a new contract, than the club have no alternative, these players and agents are very greedy, holding the clubs to ransom. We has a club have supported him through his injuries, but he still won't sign an extension.
We also need some young players at the club, most of the players are touching 30 years of age, we also need to change the formation, since many teams are aware, by new players, this could be possible.

Back
Top Bottom