If we beat Florist next weekend will it give Blades fans some redemption for an awful season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched all of them. After watching us drop through the leagues, going to matches actually expecting something positive watching terrific attacking players at that level like Edwards and Morris.If I remember after a hesitant start for me it remains a very special memory. Were you at Darlington Silent? My point being comparing the current season to that one is completely crackers. Claiming it was a worse time for fans than this one is insane. I wasn't ashamed to be a Blade in division 4. I'm still not after this season. The misery of this season however might take some beating.
It was fun in one sense as we were winning - but it was shameful given the level of the club.

thing is for me especially the last 2 away matches we've started the match going for it and scored 2 at Manchester 😂 and 1 at Newcastle but we could've score at least 3-4 at Newcastle before they went goal crazy,wes as been great past couple of games we will concede against forest but now we score or look like scoring we look dangerous attacking if forest take us lightly i think we could tonk them but if we concede early then we'll get tonked.

I reckon 4 1 forest, Chris Wood 3, Gibbs white 1... Diaz for us

their fans celebrating and taking the piss all game and the home stands nearly completely empty by 70 minutes.

A result that keeps them up, lots of trouble after the game as their fans celebrate by trashing the local pubs and generally being bell ends

I reckon 4 1 forest, Chris Wood 3, Gibbs white 1... Diaz for us

their fans celebrating and taking the piss all game and the home stands nearly completely empty by 70 minutes.

A result that keeps them up, lots of trouble after the game as their fans celebrate by trashing the local pubs and generally being bell ends

I reckon 4-1 to us and them slinking off home with their tails between their legs.

Relegation is a preference for the habitual premier league frequenteur
Of what is known as
(Bladeslife)
And United's defence can be avoided
If you take a route straight through the middle of what is known as
(Bladeslife)

Vini's got pointer's droop
He gets intimidated by Hallam FC Under-eight's reserve team
They love a bit of him
(Bladeslife)
Who's that Lord Norwood jogging
You should cut down on your still life mate, get some exercise

All the signings
So many signings
They all go go hand in hand
To the treatment room
Blades Life

And top-flight survival can be avoided
If you stick in central defence Rusty Trusty, as he's known as
(Bladeslife)
We concede when we want
Except to Wednesday
When we get rudely beaten in a scoreless draw
(Bladeslife)
Ivo puts his gloves on, has a cup of tea
And he thinks about letting yet another one in
(Bladeslife)
We lose to Burnley, we sometimes lose to Luton too
It gives us a sense of enormous being the worst premier league team ever
(Bladeslife)
And then we're happy for the rest of the season
Safe in the knowledge that there will always be
Our club's name top of the list of Most Goals Conceded in a Premier League Season

All the signings
So many signings
To the treatment room
Blades Life

(needs work)
Love this!

I watched all of them. After watching us drop through the leagues, going to matches actually expecting something positive watching terrific attacking players at that level like Edwards and Morris.If I remember after a hesitant start for me it remains a very special memory. Were you at Darlington Silent? My point being comparing the current season to that one is completely crackers. Claiming it was a worse time for fans than this one is insane. I wasn't ashamed to be a Blade in division 4. I'm still not after this season. The misery of this season however might take some beating.
I wasnt at Darlington. I went to only 2 away matches that season, York and Peterborough. I attended less than 10 home games that season as I was playing football in the Friendlies league on Saturdays

No it absolutely wasn't. The season before was pretty bad but relegation was only confirmed on the last day. The fourth division season remains very fondly remembered by any blade who was actually there. I have hated this fucking season.
I was there at that time and had been for quite some years. Having fallen so low it’s strange but agree, I have fond memories too of the 4th division, only lost a few games that season if I remember right. Ian Porterfied put together a talented bunch of players that served us well playing good football as went upwards. For me this season has been much worse.

It would not be redemption, but at least it will be something to cheer about for a change. It'd be made even better if it meant that they fell into the relegation zone.

You obviously weren't around during the legendary 4th division era which was far and away much more shit than anything happening in now
I was around and watched us win division 4. Our players were low standard but we were not humiliated every week and we actually celebrated that season. This year has for me been worse. I first visited BL as a five year old in 1953. I have been a Blade all my life but this year has been the worst. I hate having to watch us getting stuffed regularly.
Next season I want to see us return to normality. Win more games than we lose and make our Saturday nights joyful and not , as now, rubbish.

Relegation is a preference for the habitual premier league frequenteur
Of what is known as
(Bladeslife)
And United's defence can be avoided
If you take a route straight through the middle of what is known as
(Bladeslife)

Vini's got pointer's droop
He gets intimidated by Hallam FC Under-eight's reserve team
They love a bit of him
(Bladeslife)
Who's that Lord Norwood jogging
You should cut down on your still life mate, get some exercise

All the signings
So many signings
To the treatment room
Blades Life

And top-flight survival can be avoided
If you stick in central defence Rusty Trusty, as he's known as
(Bladeslife)
We concede when we want
Except to Wednesday
When we get rudely beaten in a scoreless draw
(Bladeslife)
Ivo puts his gloves on, has a cup of tea
And he thinks about letting yet another one in
(Bladeslife)
We lose to Burnley, we sometimes lose to Luton too
It gives us a sense of enormous being the worst premier league team ever
(Bladeslife)
And then we're happy for the rest of the season
Safe in the knowledge that there will always be
Our club's name top of the list of Most Goals Conceded in a Premier League Season

All the signings
So many signings
To the treatment room
Blades Life

(needs work)

Shades of Ted Bovis, there!

I couldn’t care less tbh. This season has been the least enjoyable season in my lifetime.

There’s next to fuck all chance we’ll get anything from this game. In fact the thought of MGW tormenting Trusty gives me shivers.

I doubt I’ll bother, watching them celebrate while we’re already down will be horrific.

Never wasted so many games on my season ticket before. Renewed for next season and can’t wait to look forward to match days again. This season has totally sucked all enjoyment out of it for me. I’m usually hyped up for a few beers with the lads and the footy but have no energy for it atm.

Reactions: MKY
I was there at that time and had been for quite some years. Having fallen so low it’s strange but agree, I have fond memories too of the 4th division, only lost a few games that season if I remember right. Ian Porterfied put together a talented bunch of players that served us well playing good football as went upwards. For me this season has been much worse.
We lost 4 league games out of 46. Any season where your team is successful should be celebrated or what do you do? Sit there with your arms folded saying we should never be in this division. Look at the attendances and celebrations of former league clubs regaining their place in the EFL

The only redemption for this season would be building the club back up properly to be able to compete instead of embarrassing ourselves but have no faith in the leadership to do that

I honestly think we'll beat them. Lord knows what will happen to them if they go down, they'll be screwed along with their 87 players. We're relegated and it's already been a shit season, so play with freedom, take risks, go for it. If we play like we did in the first half against Newcastle but take our chances, we'll be 2 up by half time. There's a decent sale of tickets already and they deserve to see some attacking and entertaining football. F*** the 100 goal record nonsense, our reputation at this level this season is already in tatters. Try and relegate florist then beat Everton and tell Dyche his tracksuit is from Matalan.

One prediction that you can be sure will come to fruition.....SYP ignore dog nonces playing up whilst focusing their cameras on Blades waiting for a reaction.

The polar opposite of Notts police two seasons ago.

One prediction that you can be sure will come to fruition.....SYP ignore dog nonces playing up whilst focusing their cameras on Blades waiting for a reaction.

The polar opposite of Notts police two seasons ago.
As Loco Blade posted earlier SYP will once again fail to police Sidney Street allowing mobs of Florist to abuse and attack Blades as they walk past the Sydney and Matilda and Industry Tap. All SYP resources will be on the adjoining road Arundel Street outside the Lord Nelson. Fully expect the pub to be in lock down and the landlord threatened with losing his licence if any Blade reacts to provocation. SYP may as well hand out the fireworks this time so Florist can launch them at us whilst SYP stand idly by doing nothing until there is a reaction.

The 3 stooges will reappear ergo Chief Inspectors to look down their noses at us as if we are the shit on their shoes. One of them will tell the Landlord to stop serving drinks because glasses are being taken outside only to be told they are made of plastic. The not very undercover police car will continually drive past with four burly gentlemen wearing high vis jackets trying to pretend they're out doing a days shopping on the Moor. Durham constabulary will finally turn up at 2.30 to ask if we know where the ground is as we direct them to the Sty.

All in all probably more entertainment than the match itself :D.

Another empty seat. Sick of them.

For me it will, this has been one of the most dreadful seasons I have experienced in my many years of following the Blades.

Our history, our club and its fans have been dragged through the dirt thanks to the god awful decisions made by the owner, managers, scouting team, defensive coach(es), fitness coaches and Premier league wannabe players we have employed.

The sycophantic pundits now offering us sympathy at our demise is sickening. Berating us all season, then saying they wish us well and would like to see us back soon. F*ck the lot of you. We are SUFC, one of the founders of football, one of the founders of the corrupt EPL, one of the unfashionable teams because we don't have a fancy foreign manager or multi billionaire owner.

We were robbed of promotion by Florist 3 years ago, perhaps a blessing in disguise. But it would be karma to bring them down with us, by thrashing them next week. Trouble is, I also want VK's Belgiumloanley and EPL favourites Lucky Luton to come down with us also! 🤣.

Can they relegate 4?

Anyway, I really hope we can tank Florist and pop their drug barron owner's balloon. Just one tiny bit of pleasure in this dreadful season.
In 1976, we went on a great run after getting relegated so here's hoping!

In 1976, we went on a great run after getting relegated so here's hoping!
Won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 in the 6 games that followed relegation, I believe.
(From memory so don’t shoot me if I'm a bit out) including a great win at Leeds (I'm certain about that bit). Thanks Woody.
I was initially peed off that the Forest game wasn't moved to Sunday for TV as I'm due to land at LBA around 16.30 on Saturday.

Now I'm relieved that it wasn't as i have a great excuse to miss it 🤣

Won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 in the 6 games that followed relegation, I believe.
(From memory so don’t shoot me if I'm a bit out) including a great win at Leeds (I'm certain about that bit). Thanks Woody.
I was initially peed off that the Forest game wasn't moved to Sunday for TV as I'm due to land at LBA around 16.30 on Saturday.

Now I'm relieved that it wasn't as i have a great excuse to miss it 🤣
I went into a bar in Chicago for dinner at the back end of last August. I settled down, looked up, and saw they were re-running our defeat against Forest on the TV. I got up and went and sat in a corner where I couldn't see the TV.

As Loco Blade posted earlier SYP will once again fail to police Sidney Street allowing mobs of Florist to abuse and attack Blades as they walk past the Sydney and Matilda and Industry Tap. All SYP resources will be on the adjoining road Arundel Street outside the Lord Nelson. Fully expect the pub to be in lock down and the landlord threatened with losing his licence if any Blade reacts to provocation. SYP may as well hand out the fireworks this time so Florist can launch them at us whilst SYP stand idly by doing nothing until there is a reaction.

The 3 stooges will reappear ergo Chief Inspectors to look down their noses at us as if we are the shit on their shoes. One of them will tell the Landlord to stop serving drinks because glasses are being taken outside only to be told they are made of plastic. The not very undercover police car will continually drive past with four burly gentlemen wearing high vis jackets trying to pretend they're out doing a days shopping on the Moor. Durham constabulary will finally turn up at 2.30 to ask if we know where the ground is as we direct them to the Sty.

All in all probably more entertainment than the match itself :D.
We were in the Industry Tap before the game the last time we played them.

The bar manager and Blades pretty much defended the place with barely a copper in sight even though they were supposedly marching them from the station.

Don't get me started on the bottom of Bramall Lane afterwards as they let Forest do what they want whilst keeping their cameras fully trained on United fans opposite.

I think in 2020/21 we won 3 of the last 6 after relegation had been confirmed.

Mind you, we had just appointed a new and effective manager.

My two Forest supporting mates go home and away and have done for years and they are convinced we'll beat them. They say that the chances missed by their misfiring team beggar belief. They also have Burnley away and don't believe they have an away win in them having only won 3 away from home in 2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom