Blades by age group

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
This is just a generalised view in my opinion.

0-7 years old - want a piss and some chips all the time, stand there looking all innocent yet enthusiastic with blades scarf and hat on, as us adults look on at them with pity of the life they’ve got to endure.

8-14 - getting to know the game quite well, statto central due to fifa and football manager, this used to be learnt from panini sticker books and shoot magazine/stat pages in papers etc, they’re beginning to be able to spot a player and this is a crucial age group for embedding the hatred of them other lot on the school playground with mass games of blades v pigs. Bladder control now better. They’ve been lucky enough to have seen us do well in the premier league and may become entitled wankers though

15- 24 - the drinking age, this category can be split into two groups, the wannabe hooligans and the more sensible fan, either way they’re finding drink and maybe drugs. They’ve seen promotions galore already and they want more of it.
the sensible fan will be more alert to players and their faults, both groups are now travelling away and loving the freedom of pubs and the discussions of which away game to go to next, the wannabe hooligans don’t realise they look and sound like twats but they’re passionate for their club at least and In a one on one conversation their not too bad and they can hold conversation about Jack Robinsons throw in technique and next seasons kit supplier

25-35 - the skint ones, starting families, buying cars, travelling on holidays and buying houses, hats off, it’s an expensive do football. These have seen the ups and downs now, Up with warnock, shite with adkins and saved by Wilder. Instead of discussing how we could do with a prime jack o Connell at half time they now discuss the latest in baby monitor technology.

36-50 - negative alcoholics

51-death - the “i don’t think I’ll see is win anything in my lifetime” gang

75+ Same central South stand seat for 30 years and a regular seat on The Sportsman away bus spent collecting team sheets and discussing medical ailments whilst enjoying Wetherspoons hospitality in places 10 miles away from the away ground. Bladder issues as per first category return.

Exiles - largely a positive bunch due to the fact they don't get to see the shit served up every week. This is mainly down to not being able to find a reliable stream on match days and only catching the highlights on YouTube and seeing the stats on FOTMOB.

0-7 years old - want a piss and some chips all the time, stand there looking all innocent yet enthusiastic with blades scarf and hat on, as us adults look on at them with pity of the life they’ve got to endure.

8-14 - getting to know the game quite well, statto central due to fifa and football manager, this used to be learnt from panini sticker books and shoot magazine/stat pages in papers etc, they’re beginning to be able to spot a player and this is a crucial age group for embedding the hatred of them other lot on the school playground with mass games of blades v pigs. Bladder control now better. They’ve been lucky enough to have seen us do well in the premier league and may become entitled wankers though

15- 24 - the drinking age, this category can be split into two groups, the wannabe hooligans and the more sensible fan, either way they’re finding drink and maybe drugs. They’ve seen promotions galore already and they want more of it.
the sensible fan will be more alert to players and their faults, both groups are now travelling away and loving the freedom of pubs and the discussions of which away game to go to next, the wannabe hooligans don’t realise they look and sound like twats but they’re passionate for their club at least and In a one on one conversation their not too bad and they can hold conversation about Jack Robinsons throw in technique and next seasons kit supplier

25-35 - the skint ones, starting families, buying cars, travelling on holidays and buying houses, hats off, it’s an expensive do football. These have seen the ups and downs now, Up with warnock, shite with adkins and saved by Wilder. Instead of discussing how we could do with a prime jack o Connell at half time they now discuss the latest in baby monitor technology.

Shit - I'm 64 but still in the 0 -7 years old category!

I'm 55 been allover Europe with the blades and didn't miss a match anywhere.
Now I pick and choose as I work allover the UK plus I love ground hopping in non-league football .
I'm also getting married shortly for the second time and my priorities lay elsewhere not with a board thet give no shit about the supporters .

75+ Same central South stand seat for 30 years and a regular seat on The Sportsman away bus spent collecting team sheets and discussing medical ailments whilst enjoying Wetherspoons hospitality in places 10 miles away from the away ground. Bladder issues as per first category return.
You’ve met me then

Exiles - largely a positive bunch due to the fact they don't get to see the shit served up every week. This is mainly down to not being able to find a reliable stream on match days and only catching the highlights on YouTube and seeing the stats on FOTMOB.
Yes definitely fall into this category - is slightly disappointed when realising games are on Sky or TNT.....must therefore watch game and endure what other groups have to - just not in person

Delighted to be moving into the 36-50 category this year…

So, you’ll be a negative alcoholic then…?

I'm Spartacus

Back
Top Bottom