The Re-Build

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You have been quick to broadcast the details of you throwing your dummy out and selling your season ticket, just thought you would be just as quick to furnish us with the fine details of how much you have lost because of Nigel Adkins making you have to sell the aforementioned season ticket?
You thought wrong.

That is because you are lying about your season ticket?
If that's what you would like to believe, then that's absolutely fine.

I know I'm not lying and that's good enough for me. What others believe outside of that is out of my control, hence why I couldnt care less.

Why it's been made into some big ordeal I'll never know.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt as always, Barny, you raise a good point. Previous managers would have been released if they were in the position we're in.

Despite my opinion of Phipps and the summer we had, I think the rebuild is underway.

The problems that we have at the moment are due to the instability which the club has put itself through over the past 5 years (at least). We've constantly seen the answer (at board level) as sacking the manager. I've said it before and i'll say it again, we cannot keep sacking managers when we have a bad run.

I was quite ambivalent to the appointment of Adkins, not because I didn't like or rate him, but because it was yet another sacking to be replaced by more of the same.

Adkins has to have a clear out, but it must be sensible. The likes of Howard, McEverley, Alcock, JCR, Collins and Scougall have to go, however, we need to keep some others and see how they work with better footballers. Its not to say that all the squad are shit, there are several who could kick on with better players around them.

This season, for me was always going to be a rebuilding season, not the promotion season that Phipps deluded himself with. The midfield will be key, we need to look at Baxter and Coutts with either James Wallace or a new signing to come and take up the responsibility in there.

However, we need the back four to be stronger, Basham finally showed signs of stepping up to the plate on saturday, but it took us to go two down before it happened.

This season is one to enjoy the beers pre, during and post match, don't go and expect to enjoy the match...

Interesting, which managers of the past do you think would have been released after such a short amount of time?

I love it when the "lower intelligentsia" present themselves as visionaries and on a higher intellectual plain only to trip themselves up.

Since when was rebuild hyphenated?

If that's what you would like to believe, then that's absolutely fine.

I know I'm not lying and that's good enough for me. What others believe outside of that is out of my control, hence why I couldnt care less.

Why it's been made into some big ordeal I'll never know.

Ordeal? But anyway, it might be because you made such a big thing of it yourself, not dissimilar to your Flounce of Flounces.

I couldn't give a flying one whether you have sold it, binned it, scraped the ice of the windscreen with it, cut it up, melted it, recycled it, shoved it up your arse or sent it into outer space.

I'm not putting you on 'Ignore' though - you're far too much fun for that.

I love it when the "lower intelligentsia" present themselves as visionaries and on a higher intellectual plain only to trip themselves up.

Since when was rebuild hyphenated?

Sure you don't mean intellectual 'plane'?

Back
Top Bottom