The Re-Build

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems to me that whenever Barny posts that there are a certain number of posters that would rather just have a go at him with insults rather than just ignore the post or contribute to the thread. The common factor seems to be that barny posts and several posters troll his post.

If you poke a dog with a stick, don't be surprised when it bites you.
Unfortunately Swiss ,several well established and well liked posters on here have resorted to private messaging about 1 or 2 of the new posters and feel they cant take part in the drivel they post. Its a shame because they are actually spoiling a very good forum. We all have disagreements ,I have had many Im sure you know but at least you can debate and discuss and agree to disagree in the end. Some of the new faces just want controversy and attention ,it has become boring and futile. Shame but that's the way it is.

Unfortunately Swiss ,several well established and well liked posters on here have resorted to private messaging about 1 or 2 of the new posters and feel they cant take part in the drivel they post. Its a shame because they are actually spoiling a very good forum. We all have disagreements ,I have had many Im sure you know but at least you can debate and discuss and agree to disagree in the end. Some of the new faces just want controversy and attention ,it has become boring and futile. Shame but that's the way it is.

If you are trying to say "it's all Bladesmad's fault" can I point out that Barny didn't come from Bladesmad and Also point out that one of the worst WUMS of all time came off this board and went onto Bladesmad... i.e. Lenners.

I think if those established and well liked posters grew up a bit then those 1 or 2 new posters would learn to debate things normally. As far as I can see the established posters are making things far worse. They should know better how this forum works.

Either way, people need to sort themselves out a bit.

Me being the common factor doesn't excuse others' inability to comply with debate and discussion.

I actually think some of your points are valid, the Adkins out not being one though. However when you've been asked numerous times to name a better alternative you don't. That's the "debate" part, what you do is post a view then revel in a slanging match with 2 or 3 posters.

Debate your point and tell us why sack Adkins? What about the financial impact of doing so and it's obvious knock on effect on the playing staff? Who would you suggest replaces him? If the replacement doesn't have us pissing the league by March should we sack them?

As most have said before we're in no better position now than the last sacking so why do it again? Don't just stick your fingers in your ears this time, actually engage in some debate.

If you are trying to say "it's all Bladesmad's fault" can I point out that Barny didn't come from Bladesmad and Also point out that one of the worst WUMS of all time came off this board and went onto Bladesmad... i.e. Lenners.
never mentioned Bladesmad as I have never been on it so wouldn't now who came from where.

I think if those established and well liked posters grew up a bit then those 1 or 2 new posters would learn to debate things normally. As far as I can see the established posters are making things far worse. They should know better how this forum works.

Either way, people need to sort themselves out a bit.
There is no debate that's the problem ,just endless threads saying exactly the same thing to grab attention ,followed by ..... nothing.

There is no debate that's the problem ,just endless threads saying exactly the same thing to grab attention ,followed by ..... nothing.
I'll think we'll have to agree to disagree on that. As I said, it's childish and the mob rule on some threads has been a joke. Some posters need to have a proper look at themselves for dragging threads into the nonsense.

Pointing out the wide array of mistakes he's made? Hardly screaming is it.

Calling for a manager's head after five minutes despite his excellent track record and the fact we have no chance of getting anyone with a CV to match. Calling any decisions you don't agree with mistakes without any appreciation for the reasoning behind the decisions. Wanting to change managers every five minutes without consideration of the financial consequences involved and the issue that no manager ever gets to build a team of his own. These behaviours are the football forum equivalent of "thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick".

It shows you just want immediate gratification despite your obvious lack of knowledge or understanding of football management. It's a real problem amongst the youth of today. An unwarranted sense of entitlement along with the demand for immediate gratification and a failure to ever see the bigger picture.

It just isn't natural to trust someone with the sort of start he's had, with such a big task. Because imagine if Adkins continues his poor management throughout the re-building process, and we end up with another 5 sets of Woolford's, Sammon's, Edgar's and Hammond's. We'd be full of regret for the refusal to look at his failure so far when deciding on who should oversee the re-build.

Well, personally, I think Sammon and Edgar could still prove to be useful signings. I also note that you’ve omitted Sharp from that list just to support your agenda.

You call it poor management. Others might call it not having a magic wand. Would other managers have done better with this bunch? Bearing in mind we’ve been without Brayford and Murphy who were the best players of last season?

A bit of a weird one.

Why would I want to change my opinions for the sake of others discomfort, when that can be quite easily solved by the ignore function.

The fact that so many haven't utilised this tool, yet still seem content with expressing their unrest, is quite revealing as to how many are here just for the ridiculous squabbles they seem to revel in.

Personally, if I see someone talking shit about my club in a forum where I am a participant, I would prefer to challenge their reasoning and thinking than ignore it. It’s similar to when I discover a facebook friend of mine posting something in support of Ukip or Britain First. I could just un-friend them but that doesn’t change or challenge the ideology. They’ll still be out there adding to the snowballing far right propaganda. I would prefer to challenge them on why they’ve come to these conclusions and try to make them consider a bigger picture. I usually find such stances are often borne out of lack of education. Similarly, I find that footballing views like yours are often borne out of lack of understanding and appreciation of the many factors involved in football management. So whilst ever you continue to post such clap trap, your broad brush, exaggerated, anti-Adkins propaganda will be challenged.

It's amazing how many men turn into babies on football forums. How some seem to allow one individual posting relevant, abuse free, football related opinions and truths to get to them so much is very bizarre. Yes it can be repetitive but nothing's stopping anyone posting something original. Not that there's actually a great deal to talk about at the minute. When issues go unresolved for a long period of time, as is the case at United, they will be mentioned and repeated on a regular basis until they are resolved, and that's understandable and right.

As for the rebuild next summer and allowing Adkins to execute it - which is more than worthy of a thread by the way, I think he has to prove himself in January to be allowed to do so. If he signs more of the same then he shouldn't be given the responsibility of carrying out what will be an absolutely pivotal turnover of playing staff with major ramifications for our medium to long term future - unless he somehow gets us promoted or finishes the season remarkably well, in which case he'd be given the benefit of the doubt.

Recruitment is the most important thing for us at this level and we really can't afford to get it wrong, next summer more than ever.

I think you make some valid points there but all managers get some signings wrong. So far, the only signing that Adkins has made that I am convinced is a mistake is Woolford. The others all have qualities that add something to the team and with everyone fit, I’d be playing Sharp, Sammon and Edgar regularly. I’m not too sure on Hammond yet though. If Adkins signs another 4 or 5 in Jan and one is very good, 2 are good-ish, one is average and one is garbage, I’m not sure how we quantify whether that warrants being allowed to do the re-build in the summer.

I think another thing to consider is that quite a few said with the contract situation of our squad, loaning seasoned higher level players might be the way to try to get up this year in the hope we could do the re-build in the championship next season. It’s not worked out to date but it’s a valid point when considering that the signings made with a short term focus this season might not provide a reflection of what Adkins will do with the re-build.

Personally, barring an absolutely disastrous performance from now til the summer, I would rather put my faith in a man who has an excellent track record, is highly thought of in the game and wants to play to win, on the front foot.

It's a given this will have to take place for any chance of being able to move forward.

It's ridiculous to even contemplate a manager making the types of mistakes he has being positioned to make 25/30 more.

If the club opt for this route, they deserve every year of back-pedalling to come of it.

How much did you get for the season ticket?

Seems to me that whenever Barny posts that there are a certain number of posters that would rather just have a go at him with insults rather than just ignore the post or contribute to the thread. The common factor seems to be that barny posts and several posters troll his post.

If you poke a dog with a stick, don't be surprised when it bites you.

Bites? He's toothless. Like being savaged by a dead sheep....

I'm afraid you reach a point where you've tried to persuade people to see sense by rational, sensible comment, but without success. Some of our members are single-celled, crayon-wielding halfwits (and that flatters them). You can only explain so many times to, for example, racist bigots, that they are wholly and fundamentally wrong before you have to say "Fuck you, you sub-human cunts". I'm afraid I've reached "fuck you" stage with the numpties on here. It's a shame because there are a lot of good people with whom I enjoy a good disagreement, but the lunatics have gradually taken over the asylum.

Whatever happened to ollesandro???
not seen him in a while but i'll say this.. a couple of seasons ago he was complaining about the team and someone said 'who should we sign then'.. he came out with a list of names that included wes hoolahan and callum wilson.. unknowns at the time but now premiership players

How can you possibly say that with any sort of conviction?

I think he, like myself, and also like lot of other posters, think you are lying about selling a season ticket a third of the way in to the season.

Have you solved the riddle of sitwell and his offensive avatar yet?

I think he, like myself, and also like lot of other posters, think you are lying about selling a season ticket a third of the way in to the season.

Unfortunate you can't see it but it's rather a deliberate attempt not to broadcast fine details on a public forum.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on that avatar of his?

TE="sitwell, post: 873693, member: 2101"]It involves Mrs Palmer ,probably his only friend.[/QUOTE]
image.gif ;)

Ah, but Lenners did not originate from here. He relocated to here (along with many others of us) from the old Blades United forum when that unexpectedly and somewhat abruptly, closed down. He then managed to get himself a permanent ban from this forum. I assume he then went to just about the only place left open to him.

Leave Mrs Abidal alone :)

Unfortunate you can't see it but it's rather a deliberate attempt not to broadcast fine details on a public forum.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on that avatar of his?

You have been quick to broadcast the details of you throwing your dummy out and selling your season ticket, just thought you would be just as quick to furnish us with the fine details of how much you have lost because of Nigel Adkins making you have to sell the aforementioned season ticket?

Back
Top Bottom