The Re-Build

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After racking up another shit thread with 27 posts on it ,I predict he will be banging one out as we read.

"Oh that was really funny. Keep up with the comedy. Have you ever thought about this as a potential career path?"

I bet you'd bang one out to that. Just what you want to be told.

Pointing out the wide array of mistakes he's made? Hardly screaming is it.
I'm sure Manchester United fans could point out a "wide array of mistakes" that Sir Alex made. Every manager makes a large number of mistakes across a season - you can still be successful with it.

Granted, we look a far way off being 'successful' this season - but given Adkins' track record, I don't think it's anywhere near the time to be throwing him under the bus.

"Oh that was really funny. Keep up with the comedy. Have you ever thought about this as a potential career path?"

I bet you'd bang one out to that. Just what you want to be told.
That's what you don't get isn't it ,I wasn't trying to be funny ,just realistic. You sad sad individual.

That's what you don't get isn't it ,I wasn't trying to be funny ,just realistic. You sad sad individual.
I'd definitely want to bang one out to an electronic thread. Because that's such a realistic prospect.

That doesn't display an abnormal lack of intelligence at all.

What a strange thing to type.

I'd definitely want to bang one out to an electronic thread. Because that's such a realistic prospect.

That doesn't display an abnormal lack of intelligence at all.

What a strange thing to type.

You do realise, given the almost universal disdain for your posts, that you're spoiling this forum?

Could you just spare a minute to explain what you're getting out of this?

UTB

You do realise, given the almost universal disdain for your posts, that you're spoiling this forum?

Could you just spare a minute to explain what you're getting out of this?

UTB
What do all the other members get out of being on here?

Ideally, the same, but since other posters aren't capable of complying with that, I'm forced into petty little things like the one's on this thread.
And despite all this, you're inclined to blame every other poster without considering the common factor?

UTB

What do all the other members get out of being on here?

I come on here to read well balanced and evidenced views about our players, manager and performances.............

And despite all this, you're inclined to blame every other poster without considering the common factor?

UTB
Me being the common factor doesn't excuse others' inability to comply with debate and discussion.

I come on here to read well balanced and evidenced views about our players, manager and performances.............
Oh I thought you were on here to change my words when quoting and then claim comedy awards on the back of it.

Me being the common factor doesn't excuse others' inability to comply with debate and discussion.
It explains why they don't. People don't come on here and think "I'm going to find a random poster called Barnyblade and take issue with his posts".

You are the common factor. Your posts are spoiling the forum. You are a troll. You have it in your power to stop behaving in this way, for the benefit of others, and to stop yourself from repeatedly coming across as an utter cock.

Seriously, why not take a break, then come back with an apology and a new style?

UTB

It's a given this will have to take place for any chance of being able to move forward.

It's ridiculous to even contemplate a manager making the types of mistakes he has being positioned to make 25/30 more.

If the club opt for this route, they deserve every year of back-pedalling to come of it.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt as always, Barny, you raise a good point. Previous managers would have been released if they were in the position we're in.

Despite my opinion of Phipps and the summer we had, I think the rebuild is underway.

The problems that we have at the moment are due to the instability which the club has put itself through over the past 5 years (at least). We've constantly seen the answer (at board level) as sacking the manager. I've said it before and i'll say it again, we cannot keep sacking managers when we have a bad run.

I was quite ambivalent to the appointment of Adkins, not because I didn't like or rate him, but because it was yet another sacking to be replaced by more of the same.

Adkins has to have a clear out, but it must be sensible. The likes of Howard, McEverley, Alcock, JCR, Collins and Scougall have to go, however, we need to keep some others and see how they work with better footballers. Its not to say that all the squad are shit, there are several who could kick on with better players around them.

This season, for me was always going to be a rebuilding season, not the promotion season that Phipps deluded himself with. The midfield will be key, we need to look at Baxter and Coutts with either James Wallace or a new signing to come and take up the responsibility in there.

However, we need the back four to be stronger, Basham finally showed signs of stepping up to the plate on saturday, but it took us to go two down before it happened.

This season is one to enjoy the beers pre, during and post match, don't go and expect to enjoy the match...

Giving you the benefit of the doubt as always, Barny, you raise a good point. Previous managers would have been released if they were in the position we're in.

Despite my opinion of Phipps and the summer we had, I think the rebuild is underway.

The problems that we have at the moment are due to the instability which the club has put itself through over the past 5 years (at least). We've constantly seen the answer (at board level) as sacking the manager. I've said it before and i'll say it again, we cannot keep sacking managers when we have a bad run.

I was quite ambivalent to the appointment of Adkins, not because I didn't like or rate him, but because it was yet another sacking to be replaced by more of the same.

Adkins has to have a clear out, but it must be sensible. The likes of Howard, McEverley, Alcock, JCR, Collins and Scougall have to go, however, we need to keep some others and see how they work with better footballers. Its not to say that all the squad are shit, there are several who could kick on with better players around them.

This season, for me was always going to be a rebuilding season, not the promotion season that Phipps deluded himself with. The midfield will be key, we need to look at Baxter and Coutts with either James Wallace or a new signing to come and take up the responsibility in there.

However, we need the back four to be stronger, Basham finally showed signs of stepping up to the plate on saturday, but it took us to go two down before it happened.

This season is one to enjoy the beers pre, during and post match, don't go and expect to enjoy the match...
It just isn't natural to trust someone with the sort of start he's had, with such a big task. Because imagine if Adkins continues his poor management throughout the re-building process, and we end up with another 5 sets of Woolford's, Sammon's, Edgar's and Hammond's. We'd be full of regret for the refusal to look at his failure so far when deciding on who should oversee the re-build.

Assuming they took the planks advise and sacked Mr Adkins, who on earth could they appoint that's better qualified ? ....

It explains why they don't. People don't come on here and think "I'm going to find a random poster called Barnyblade and take issue with his posts".

You are the common factor. Your posts are spoiling the forum. You are a troll. You have it in your power to stop behaving in this way, for the benefit of others, and to stop yourself from repeatedly coming across as an utter cock.

Seriously, why not take a break, then come back with an apology and a new style?

UTB
A bit of a weird one.

Why would I want to change my opinions for the sake of others discomfort, when that can be quite easily solved by the ignore function.

The fact that so many haven't utilised this tool, yet still seem content with expressing their unrest, is quite revealing as to how many are here just for the ridiculous squabbles they seem to revel in.

Assuming they took the planks advise and sacked Mr Adkins, who on earth could they appoint that's better qualified ? ....
I'd predict there's many managers out there capable of prioritising and signing good players for this level.

Two things woefully absent in Adkins management.

It really shouldn't be that much of an ask.

It just isn't natural to trust someone with the sort of start he's had, with such a big task. Because imagine if Adkins continues his poor management throughout the re-building process, and we end up with another 5 sets of Woolford's, Sammon's, Edgar's and Hammond's. We'd be full of regret for the refusal to look at his failure so far when deciding on who should oversee the re-build.

There are a number of things to consider:

- Was he the best man for the job when we brought him in - i'd say yes
- is there a long term plan other than just 'get us out of this league' - if yes, then we have to look at the big picture of how we are working to the plan. If it was just to have a certain number of points by November, then its not a plan, its a target, we need to look at how we're rebuilding - Transfers in/ out, profile of players (physical but with a footballing ability etc)
- is there someone better than Adkins available, would he guarantee success? Doubtful on both counts.

We need to ensure that we are making improvements, so far its not obvious that there have been improvements on the pitch, but that might not all be down to adkins, but down to transfer policy, contracts etc.

Sacking a manager is rarely the best option, but neither is keeping a failing manager.

Ideally, the same, but since other posters aren't capable of complying with that, I'm forced into petty little things like the one's on this thread.

Balance is missing Barney. There have been times (IMO) when you have made decent points, but there's just no overall balance to your rants - it's 100% full on vitriol at the club.

We're all hurting you know :)

It's amazing how many men turn into babies on football forums. How some seem to allow one individual posting relevant, abuse free, football related opinions and truths to get to them so much is very bizarre. Yes it can be repetitive but nothing's stopping anyone posting something original. Not that there's actually a great deal to talk about at the minute. When issues go unresolved for a long period of time, as is the case at United, they will be mentioned and repeated on a regular basis until they are resolved, and that's understandable and right.

As for the rebuild next summer and allowing Adkins to execute it - which is more than worthy of a thread by the way, I think he has to prove himself in January to be allowed to do so. If he signs more of the same then he shouldn't be given the responsibility of carrying out what will be an absolutely pivotal turnover of playing staff with major ramifications for our medium to long term future - unless he somehow gets us promoted or finishes the season remarkably well, in which case he'd be given the benefit of the doubt.

Recruitment is the most important thing for us at this level and we really can't afford to get it wrong, next summer more than ever.

UTB
Seems to me that whenever Barny posts that there are a certain number of posters that would rather just have a go at him with insults rather than just ignore the post or contribute to the thread. The common factor seems to be that barny posts and several posters troll his post.

If you poke a dog with a stick, don't be surprised when it bites you.

Syllables are out on just about every word but apart from that, yes, genius.....

Now look her Mr Hopelessly Drivelly Can't Write For Toffee Crappy Butler Weed.

The first line has one too many Ignores, I'll give you that. But the rest scans well. You're confusing syllables with rhythm and stresses.

Seems to me that whenever Barny posts that there are a certain number of posters that would rather just have a go at him with insults rather than just ignore the post or contribute to the thread. The common factor seems to be that barny posts and several posters troll his post.

If you poke a dog with a stick, don't be surprised when it bites you.
Everyone has decided to pick on one poster in unison? No chance.

You might now be right now (I don't agree), but there's no doubt that he brought this on himself, and he's loving it.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom