Pre-Season 17/18 Stocksbridge Park Steels v. Sheffield United - 08/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's at times like this that I seriously question my allegiance to the Blades . Brooksy ( that's what those of us that know him call him ) has a great game against a very useful outfit like Stockbridge and we just know he'll be gone next week . The financial maelstrom at the lane right now means the first bid anywhere near a million and he'll be off .

I was praying for a positive pre-season aswell .

Fuck you McCabe you fuckin burd turglar :mad::mad::mad:

It's at times like this that I seriously question my allegiance to the Blades . Brooksy ( that's what those of us that know him call him ) has a great game against a very useful outfit like Stockbridge and we just know he'll be gone next week . The financial maelstrom at the lane right now means the first bid anywhere near a million and he'll be off .

You're not Scottish and in the Home Guard are you? :rolleyes:

If what were allowed to happen? Let's assume a Premiership club comes in offering millions to us and wages to Brooks three times as much as our highest paid player...who's going to tell him he can't go?

I'm not sure that elite clubs get carried away on the basis of performances against non-league opposition in pre-season friendlies...

And if someone comes in and offer £1.2m and we say yes would that be good business do you think?

If it's Theo Walcott type money I couldn't argue, but if we say yes to DCL type money then it's a nonsense.

why??? if he left it would be because wilder sanctioned it, you know the manager, but i guess any reason to blame mccabe for everything, last time i checked we had 2 owners aswell, nice to see its taken about 7 minutes after a pre season friendly for negativity

Why would it be anything to do with Wilder and not McCabe

Chairmen sell and Chairmen buy

The manager just tells the Chairman who he wants to buy and who he wants to keep

In vain at United

Did Brooks play on his own? If not, one or two of us who didn't go might appreciate a few sentences on the other players?

Just asking...

Of the new signings, i thought George Baldock looked the most at home / fit in with the squad, and had a decent understanding with Basham down the right wing. Nathan Thomas started quietly but grew into the half as it went on, and put some decent crosses in towards the end. Stearman more difficult to judge as they hardly ever attacked and i don't think they had a shot all match ?? what he had to do though, he did well. Enda Stevens got his goal with a decent header and looked steady all game, with him and Lafferty taking turns to be left wing back. Your mate Louis Reed had a decent game in centre mid, but then Stocksbridge were tiring by that time. Sam Graham also looked steady, but again, they hardly threatened. The rest looked exactly the same as they have been last season :)

PS. Brooks will play in the Premier league IMO, at some point.

The manager just tells the Chairman who he wants to buy and who he wants to keep

In vain at United

exactly so therefore if he was sold it would be wilders choice, beacuse if wilder had said keep him and mccabe and the prince sold him, wilder would walk, so if he goes and wilder stays we can deduce it was wilders choice and a footballing decision no???

This thread starts out about a pre season friendly and ends with a go at mccabe selling a player, people add a bit, then somebody else whats up with some folk, calm fuckin down, what happens IF we ever sell him Christ knows, although I suspect some folk wish we would so they can have a go, get a life

For Free

Thing is with Leonard, I don't think he's going to be first choice so why would Wilder pay £700k?

exactly so therefore if he was sold it would be wilders choice, beacuse if wilder had said keep him and mccabe and the prince sold him, wilder would walk, so if he goes and wilder stays we can deduce it was wilders choice and a footballing decision no???

His loan deal at Chesterfield was cancelled for one of two reasons

Wilder sees him as a potential first team pusher.....or

He is going to be sold

If he is sold it will be McCabes doing just like it always is,
No manager would sell a player he considers a potential future star without him having first team football and potentially rocketing his value

Calm down son, take a pill or do something to stop the hysterics. Talk about overkill!

By all means offer a helpful critique of McCabe, but there's no balance with you is there? It's as if last season never happened, and all that comes out is a gushing bias that does you no favours. I don't think anyone sane takes games like today seriously, that is apart from the management and players, which is how it should be, but flying off the handle and making claims that we've heard far too many times just dilutes your attitude and reveals you someone who needs to shut up and listen, preferably to a more reasoned voice who you might learn a thing or three from.

Of the new signings, i thought George Baldock looked the most at home / fit in with the squad, and had a decent understanding with Basham down the right wing. Nathan Thomas started quietly but grew into the half as it went on, and put some decent crosses in towards the end. Stearman more difficult to judge as they hardly ever attacked and i don't think they had a shot all match ?? what he had to do though, he did well. Enda Stevens got his goal with a decent header and looked steady all game, with him and Lafferty taking turns to be left wing back. Your mate Louis Reed had a decent game in centre mid, but then Stocksbridge were tiring by that time. Sam Graham also looked steady, but again, they hardly threatened. The rest looked exactly the same as they have been last season :)

Thanks for the sensible input, much appreciated. Ball Sup also.

Last edited:

He is going to be sold

No manager would sell a player he considers a potential future star without him having first team football and potentially rocketing his value

what utter tripe, last time i checked we had co owners not just one, and a manager who we all know would walk if a player was sold against his wishes, if brooks is sold, the prince leaves in disgust, and wilder leaves, then ill join you on the mccabe blaming wagon, but until then ill keep my sanity

and of course another option is everyone wants to keep him and he ends up being another jags tonge or quinny, but lets not be positive

In vain at United
Good enough for a £200,000 bid that we will find acceptable for an untried kid

What a tiresome agenda this has become. Just tell us, would you, how you would tell David Brooks he can't go to a Premiership club on at least ten times his current wage with more to come?

9-0 and the moaners get their digs in about Brooks.

It's like sleeping with the most beautiful women in the world and complaining the next morning that she's put too much milk in your tea.

Enjoy it

The bitch.

This thread starts out about a pre season friendly and ends with a go at mccabe selling a player, people add a bit, then somebody else whats up with some folk, calm fuckin down, what happens IF we ever sell him Christ knows, although I suspect some folk wish we would so they can have a go, get a life

Exactly. The better he is, the angrier they get. At what? Their own fears and imagination, because nobody at all has said we're selling him. Indeed nobody at all has even made an offer.

I do wish we had a team full of shite that nobody wanted. It's so much less taxing on the ne

First half

Moore- had nothing to do but was nice and vocal. Wilder was on at him to get the ball out quicker a few times.

Bomber- looked steady if a little gangly, as a lot of development players do. I thought semple looked more ready last year.

Bash- as with all the wing backs spent most of the game in the opos half, steady away.

O'Connell- the stand out player of the first half for me, didn't put a foot wrong.

Baldock- looked good from where I was, pick of the wing backs for me.

Thomas- probably the least ready for the season shall we say, wilder on at him to get forward, looked like a development player to me.

Fleck- bit sloppy at first but got for aggressive and positive as the game went on.

Samir- lively and positive made some good runs

Duffy- wasteful at first but got into it, played a beautiful ball for Clarkes second.

Billy- typical Billy performance, huffed and puffed, went down a bit easily and bang one in.

Clarke- looked good and set billly up for his goal and one he missed.

Second half.

Eastwood- nothing to do apart from standing on the ball at one point that could have back fired

Stearman- strong , steady and vocal just what we need

Wilson- played well , got forward a few times.

Lafferty- see above

Freeman- involved a lot, a bit hit and miss but look knackered after a lot of running

Aunty Edna- didn't seem to get a lot of the ball but headed his goal nicely and got forward a few times

Reid- a bit wasteful at the start but played nice simple balls and sprayed a couple of lovely long balls

Brooks- ran his socks off was direct, still looks very young tho.

Coutts- steady away

Hanson- lumbered about and didn't do all that much

Lavery- looked lively and confident, linked up with brooks well. Up for mom with brooks imo.

*yes I know it's only preseason

Just browsing the twitterblades hashtag and the best thing about it is grunters who genuinely believe the sarcastic tweets from blades regarding winning the league after beating stocky 9-0 then poking fun about it like we mean it. They're a special kind of stupid.

Just remember:

Alfreton 14-0 Sheffield Wednesday

I thought Leon Clarke had a good game first half, the setup for Sharp's goal was class. As others have pointed out O'Connell looked great, MOTM with Brooks. "Bomber" is an enormous lad with (I would think) some growing still to come. Good footballer and I am delighted he got a chance in the first team. Lavery looked lively. A couple of Brooks tricks sending players the wrong way and his overall play made him look like a great player. But he still looks as if his mother would run on the pitch and take him off for his tea. His two goals were a bit good and had everyone drooling where we were sat. A fine tackler he isn't, though he is happy to stand in front of a player and make him pass sideways.

One question, Evans was there - why no game?

Ofcourse he will, next season hopefully!!

It'd be great Brooks and Lavery could both become important first team regulars.

Both can make something from nothing and both can create and score goals. It could work well with them playing wide of a centre forward, Brooks from the right, Lavery from the left.

He is going to be sold

I bet I can guess which reason you think it is....

Back
Top Bottom