Sheffield United Pre-Season Friendlies 2022-23

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the traditional S24SU Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2022/2023.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're able/allowed to confirm. Keep checking back for edits on the warm up for the new Championship Season.

Date:Fixture:Details:
8th July 2022 - 18:00 LocalCasa Pia v. Sheffield UnitedEstádio Pina Manique, Portugal
12th July 2022 - TBCHibernian v. Sheffield United U18Venue TBC
12th July 2022 - TBCHibernian v. Sheffield United U23Venue TBC
12th July 2022 - TBCLincoln City v. Sheffield UnitedBehind closed doors friendly, venue TBC
16th July 2022 - 11:00Doncaster Rovers v. Sheffield United U18Venue TBC
16th July 2022 - 12:30Scunthorpe United v. Sheffield UnitedGlanford Park
19th July 2022 - 19:45Hallam FC v. Sheffield United U23Sandygate
19th July 2022 - 19:00Mansfield Town v. Sheffield UnitedBehind closed doors friendly, venue TBC
21st July 2022 - 19:30Bradford Park Avenue v. Sheffield United U23Horsfall Stadium
22nd July 2022 - 19:30Burton Albion v. Sheffield UnitedPirelli Stadium
23rd July 2022 - 14:00Everton v. Sheffield United U23Behind closed doors friendly, venue TBC
23rd July 2022 - 15:00Barnsley v. Sheffield UnitedOakwell
26th July 2022 - 13:00Lincoln City v. Sheffield United U18Venue TBC
27th July 2022 - 13:00Newcastle United v. Sheffield United U23Venue TBC
30th July 2022 - 11:00Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United U18Venue TBC
2nd August 2022 - TBCHuddersfield Town v. Sheffield United U23Canalside
6th August 2022 - TBCWest Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United U18Venue TBC

Will be updated as more is confirmed.

Last edited:

The fixtures across the 22nd and 23rd are unusual. I realise the Burton and Barnsley games have been published as first team games but they're less than 18 hours apart. The U23s are playing at the same time so it'll be interesting to see who is in each squad.

My brother says that based on last season they will be paying fans to go in 😅
So you reckon we will be ok to turn up on the day? Taking my old man to Cleethorpes for the weekend and we will journey up for the game if so.

Would look at Scunthorpe but the trains from where I'm at seem like a nightmare given the early kick off

Ah, my picks were off the mark but decent opposition. I'll review options to get there.
5000 capacity stadium
You can translate to English on their website.

Last edited:
Glad I'll be on my hols for all but the Casa Pia game, as this pre-season fixture list looks embarrassingly poor to say the least! :tumbleweed:🥱😴

Is it me or are these pre-season fixtures wholly underwhelming?

Shame the Portuguese side aren't coming to the Lane that would have been an intriguing prospect.

Anyway, real fixtures released in the morning :)

Don’t think it will. Day out in cleethorpes was always going to end up like that especially when you have 50-100 locals who are going to put up a battle.

Scunthorpe 12.30 ok is nowhere near the same risk
My ex missus is from Scunny and her brother messaged me to say they're looking forward to "giving out some kickings" when we visit, apparently 😂🏳

My ex missus is from Scunny and her brother messaged me to say they're looking forward to "giving out some kickings" when we visit, apparently 😂🏳
Surly the Scunthorpe lass in the white jumper is a retired hooligan by now. She must be in her sixties so unless she is planning on battering us with her walking stick😀

For what it’s worth I don’t see any more then maybe 1000 Blades st this one, like I say completely different from a piss up in Cleethorpes where loads turned out

Don’t think it will. Day out in cleethorpes was always going to end up like that especially when you have 50-100 locals who are going to put up a battle.

Scunthorpe 12.30 ok is nowhere near the same risk
...until Billy Sharp scores an injury time winner ;) and it all kicks off!

Surly the Scunthorpe lass in the white jumper is a retired hooligan by now. She must be in her sixties so unless she is planning on battering us with her walking stick😀

For what it’s worth I don’t see any more then maybe 1000 Blades st this one, like I say completely different from a piss up in Cleethorpes where loads turned out
Will it be pay on the day?… I will be I. Cleethorpes for the weekend as it’s only 45 minutes away 😂

Just the description is enough to put me off buying a ticket, I'm not taking my chances against an old bruiser like her! 😂

Still no ticket news - even rang the ticket office yesterday and they have no idea …..

On sale if you want to sit in the Scunthorpe end

Any reason why the Mansfield friendly is behind closed doors? Bit guttered was gunna go with bigs jnr

Back
Top Bottom