Some fans on here are a disgrace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a strange, strange day….

Why not just say:

1. We told Slav to coach the players we have and there would be no money.
2. He then asked for money and we fell out so he left.
3. We were then left royally scratching our heads.
4. We made up a 5 year strategic plan and offered PH a 5 year contract as he was the cheapest option.
5. There is no money to spend we have non
6. We will be selling our best players in Jan and replacing them with U23s.

What a crock of shit… the best bit is when at the beginning whoever that bloke in the jumper is said that Slav didn’t fit the strategic plan so was removed but then after about an hour said if we were near the top Slav would still be here and the strategic plan would still be being worked on… lost interest at that point.

Grab hold your seat belts it’s clear they see it as their club to do with as they wish and to hell with anyone else oh and we are now just another number in ‘United World’

Well no money, no incomings for Hecky.
This team of players who lost their way last season then relegated are the hope, with the addition of the U23 kids to stave off another relegation.
Thank goodness other clubs got their points deductions.

Just wait till lunchtime on Sunday at the ground....
I think you are massively over reacting, the crowd have been quiet, borderline apathetic for most of the season, they are not used to watching fast exciting football with countless chances to score, they aren't used to battling, inspiring performances and nicking a goal to win, they aren't used to winning every other week.
They are used to not being excited, sacking Slav won't have anyone protesting or complaining on Sunday, unless the team produce more of the same, which proves its the players and not the managers or board

Why not just say:

4. We made up a 5 year strategic plan and offered PH a 5 year contract as he was the cheapest option.

What a crock of shit… the best bit is when at the beginning whoever that bloke in the jumper is said that Slav didn’t fit the strategic plan so was removed but then after about an hour said if we were near the top Slav would still be here and the strategic plan would still be being worked on… lost interest at that point.

Grab hold your seat belts it’s clear they see it as their club to do with as they wish and to hell with anyone else oh and we are now just another number in ‘United World’
They did enjoy banging on about United World. All four of them did it repeatedly.

They also mentioned a number of times that Heckingbottom's contract was till 2027.

Just full of contradictions, corporate bollocks and outright bullshit!

I think people are more annoyed at the board for how this has been handled than an Hecky personally - most agree he seems a nice bloke but not really management material. I’m happy to give him a chance but Heckingbottom on a 4 year deal with McCall and Lester supporting doesn’t exactly scream ambition.
It does to me.
Who did you expect us to sign ? Pochettino ?

I keep seeing people saying this or something similar and it does my head in. That was 3 years ago. The team had just been promoted with 100 points and had a surprisingly successful first season back up. They had a team and a manager all working together as a unit. Everyone was flying, giving 110%, had no fear and we were lucky with injuries. The same players were underperforming at this or a lower level 6 years ago, but no one mentions that.

Look at the team

GK Hendo - Best young keeper in the country 1. Olsen - Swedish No.1 who doesn't seem to want to be here
RWB. Baldock - Had great competition and confidence and fitness through the roof 2. Baldock - no confidence or Bogle defensively suspect
LWB Stevens - In the peak of his footballing career and playing with no fear 3. In his 30s and lost the fitness to play the role of a wingback
LCB JoC - The beating heart of out defence and attack going forward - 4. Davies - Loanee not used to our system and more technical than pysical
CB Egan - The dependable brick. Always there to make that vital block and confident that the players either side of him will cover if he makes a mistake. 5. Egan - Spent a year being found out by world class players in the EFL. Asked to play in a 4 and exposes his weaknesses while having no reliable partner
RCB. Bash - Mr fitness - despite being in his 30s one of the fittest and most determined buccaneers in the squad. 6. Bash - 36 and probably his last season at this level. Not got the legs to get forward and back
LCM - Fleck - In the peak of his footballing years. The potential he's always had finally coming to fruition as he put the work in. 7. Fleck. Now in his 30s and seemingly lacking the confidence and fitness
RCM - Norwood - Just come off a promotion and full of confidence. Dictates play in the middle. The energy of those around him ensuring he has time on the ball. Norwood - Now in his 30s and not got the fitness to do the defensive side. Lack of protection around him means if he's pressed he can't dictate play and panics
ACM - Duffy - Perfect player for the system. An advanced playmaker who links all the other players up - MGW - Talented loanee who is full of flicks and tricks but struggles with the workrate/defensive side of the job and makes poor decisions
CF - Sharp - Third time at his boyhood club. Coming off the back of two great seasons and now with a strike partner he clicks with. Dedicated everything to getting us up. Sharp - Probably in the last season of his career after captaining the team through an appalling spell
CF - McGoldrick - A player who has always been talented but dogged by injuries suddenly hits the form, goalscoring form and fitness of his life CF - McGoldrick - In the last season of his career and no longer has the fitness levels to cover up his frailties in front of goal

This is not the same team. It might have many of the same player but these are animals and not inanimate objects which retain the same qualities throughout their existence.
Bash 33 and our best player

Why not just say:

Only puzzled by the mention of best players.
Like who?? 🤔🤣

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
Calm down fella, This is supposed to be a forum where everybody can give their opinions about our beloved club...Good or bad. But just like writing on a bog wall, it means the square root of fuck in the real world... It’s how we get behind the the team in the ground that really matters.

i understand the frustration of lots of our fans on here but theres no way this set of players can play any worse under hecky than they did under slav i think we will see an upturn in form from most of our underperforming players in any case get behind the new manager im sure results will pick up utb fto
Long contract sends a message to the players perhaps an unintended one but, carry on as you are, you won't get another manager sacked, you will be moved on instead

I genuinely thought Slav might achieve something and thought we needed someone with a big character to have any effect not just on the relegated/hung over players, but fill the void CW left.

In truth its not worked and like with most underperforming teams its probably six of one and half a dozen of the other, not entirely Slavs fault not entirely the players and not entirely training facilities or the hole in the roof.

Bringing someone in from outside, Farke or Alex Niel, is/was always going to be a risk, and gamble that their system, personality or style would fit, and they wouldn't demand whole sale changes to play 442 or 532, when we have now spent four years? Prioritising 3 at the back through every age group.

Heckingbottom Lester, McCall all know the club and importantly what the supporters demand, hard work, effort and pride in wearing the shirt, as for the length of contract, I don't for one minute Hecky demanded it or made it a condition of him taking the job on, he doesn't have the ammo to fire those kind of big demands. I do think its a massive vote of confidence in him and L & M, I also think its carefully constructed with the appropriate 'fine print' with certain clauses included.

I'm personally fed up with just hard work and effort, I rather see flare, skill and pace.
Its like all the top clubs play with skill and pace, but good old Sheffield United you know what you get hard work and effort.
What we need is a team full of Bob Bookers and Nick Montgomery's, av it.

I'm personally fed up with just hard work and effort, I rather see flare, skill and pace.
Its like all the top clubs play with skill and pace, but good old Sheffield United you know what you get hard work and effort.
How are Ndiaye and MGW doing? How is our over run, none tackling midfield doing?

It's not about being negative, what was the point of the Slav appointment in the first place?
We are in a mess pal.
I think what they are trying hard not to say is that Slavs appointment was a mistake and they got the wrong man.
if they would just come out and admit it instead of waffling then things might sound less muddled.

How are Ndiaye and MGW doing? How is our over run, none tackling midfield doing?

Not very well thats why Slav wanted some new players in January.
If only we had Booker and Montgomery types in there with all their effort.
I would much rather watch MGW and Ndiaye than Booker and Montgomery effort type players, you can watch those type of players in most parks on a Sunday morning free of charge.

Not very well thats why Slav wanted some new players in January.
If only we had Booker and Montgomery types in there with all their effort.
I would much rather watch MGW and Ndiaye than Booker and Montgomery effort type players, you can watch those type of players in most parks on a Sunday morning free of charge.
And you still need those types of players when you gave MGW and Ndiaye, why is Kante playing at Chelsea, you need graft and hard work to support skill, hence Booker with Hodges, or Monty with Tonge

Long contract sends a message to the players perhaps an unintended one but, carry on as you are, you won't get another manager sacked, you will be moved on instead
That will be important should it go south as we’re nudging up to Chelsea territory where the manager had to appease the players due to their huge contracts rather than the other way around.

And you still need those types of players when you gave MGW and Ndiaye, why is Kante playing at Chelsea, you need graft and hard work to support skill, hence Booker with Hodges, or Monty with Tonge

Please tell me you are not comparing Booker and Montgomery to Kante.
I don't dispute you need some graft players but even the graft players need abit of skill about them.
Its this United attitude that as long as they put the effort in and kiss the badge thats all that matters. Football has changed its about skill and pace more so now, but we seem still stuck in the 70's.

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
As fans, everyone has a right to an opinion.

If we signed Neville Southall tomorrow and played him up front, you’d be within your rights to be uninspired and critical. That wouldn’t make you less of a fan.

The Big Massive Bladeyness of “if you’re critical you’re not a fan because I’m not critical so I am a fan” holds no water, nor does it make any sense. People are upset by what’s happening, doesn’t mean they’re burning their season tickets.

Please tell me you are not comparing Booker and Montgomery to Kante.
I don't dispute you need some graft players but even the graft players need abit of skill about them.
Its this United attitude that as long as they put the effort in and kiss the badge thats all that matters. Football has changed its about skill and pace more so now, but we seem still stuck in the 70's.
Not what I said at all, simply illustrating that every team or every successful team has a mixture of pkayers from those that produce and those that stop the opposition,

That will be important should it go south as we’re nudging up to Chelsea territory where the manager had to appease the players due to their huge contracts rather than the other way around.
I think to a degree that's present in most clubs, player power has definitely increased, appears we might have another variamt that's more contagious and fast acting, player power crossed with a bit of apathy and delusion

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.

Don't make sensible comments sufc323
Pricks like the original poster are too stupid to see the real problem with his preshy weshy United so he's doing what so many others do, slags the fans off.

It's a defence mechanism, otherwise they'd have to admit that Sheffield United is a fucking wank football club

They'll be paying Heckingbottom three eighths of fuck all anyway. And maybe given him a company Ford Focus instead of his Vauxhall Corsa. Same for McCall, Lester etc. Getting rid of them when they crash and burn will only mean emptying the 10ps out of the leccy meter.
The big problem we have is the wages and unsaleability ('cos they're all absolute shite and on huge wages) of Berge, Mousset, Mcburnie and Brewster. In those 4 names, I think we have the root of our problem. Don't know how we're going to solve it I'm afraid........

Who actually gets a club car? Any proof?

All the good clubs also play with hard work and effort, don't matter how much pace, flair or skill you have you don't get anywhere without hard work and effort too.

Who actually gets a club car? Any proof?
I know they used to-
When Vinnie Jones signed for us he was keen to meet Brian Deane & asked where he was
When told Deano was away getting a cortisone injection VJ went ballistic- “bastards, they only offered me a VW Golf”

Change the script ffs you drunken old tosspot.

As I said
I'm not a drunk either, probably one of the few on this board that hardly touches alcohol.

They must all be pissed or smoking something to pass this off as insignificant

Back
Top Bottom