Some fans on here are a disgrace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing with Hecky how long was he contracted for with the U23s? Although the role of "the club’s football business immediately after agreeing a contract through to the end of the 2025/26 season" was he actually contracted for that long anyway with the U23s so all they are doing is giving him a bit more coin for developing the core level of the business that matters?

The thing with Hecky how long was he contracted for with the U23s? Although the role of "the club’s football business immediately after agreeing a contract through to the end of the 2025/26 season" was he actually contracted for that long anyway with the U23s so all they are doing is giving him a bit more coin for developing the core level of the business that matters?

I wouldn't get too hung up regards contracts, CW had one so did Slav, Ollie, etc Four years us the headline, no mention of the fine print that will have been included.

He got a 5 year contract in summer I think

We’re Angry at the board/owner not hecky. For some reason it’s seen as bad support for being angry at situations. The clubs a mess and quite frankly some of the comments made today were disrespectful towards the fans

I've defended Slavs corner since he was appointed, never been a fan of him prowling round the technical area though, always seemed to lack passion, however he did it his way and OK by me. What annoyed me was the faceless men in the duck egg blue, they seemed to lack everything a coaching team should be, seldom active when a bit of arm waving wouldn't go amiss, never saw passion from any of them maybe it was a language thing, probably hadn't a clue how to string of swear words together when required.
All has changed now, at least we may see a bit of passion from the touchline.
Bet flights from Manchester to Spain are packed tonight. UTB

"if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up"
jesus, what a bootlicker. you don't get extra loyalty points for refusing to be critical of stupid decisions.
Yep everything is great I do see an Oysten senario here with these Arabs

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.
This

Great a Pro Golfer that has in depth knowledge of working with Sheffield City Council, the planning laws, restrictions, brown field sites and contaminated land
Does Hecky need a swing coach on the staff?

Billy Foster could be on bibs and cones and recommend which pass or shot our players take on the pitch.

I genuinely thought Slav might achieve something and thought we needed someone with a big character to have any effect not just on the relegated/hung over players, but fill the void CW left.

In truth its not worked and like with most underperforming teams its probably six of one and half a dozen of the other, not entirely Slavs fault not entirely the players and not entirely training facilities or the hole in the roof.

Bringing someone in from outside, Farke or Alex Niel, is/was always going to be a risk, and gamble that their system, personality or style would fit, and they wouldn't demand whole sale changes to play 442 or 532, when we have now spent four years? Prioritising 3 at the back through every age group.

Heckingbottom Lester, McCall all know the club and importantly what the supporters demand, hard work, effort and pride in wearing the shirt, as for the length of contract, I don't for one minute Hecky demanded it or made it a condition of him taking the job on, he doesn't have the ammo to fire those kind of big demands. I do think its a massive vote of confidence in him and L & M, I also think its carefully constructed with the appropriate 'fine print' with certain clauses included.
The length of contract might’ve been key in giving others like Lester and McCall the sense of security and stability to leave their current roles.

Does Hecky need a swing coach on the staff?

Billy could be on bibs and cones and recommend which pass or shot our players take on the pitch.
Get him in on free kicks, hook it or slice it around the wall, or to confuse the keeper lay up short of the bunker or water hazard,,

The length of contract might’ve been key in giving others like Lester and McCall the sense of security and stability to leave their current roles.
Someone else commented Hecky signed a new deal this summer in his U23 role, presumably he would demand a long term offer, even with a pay rise why would he go for the top job if it was a 12 month rolling deal

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.
Possibly it was the fans whose reaction to the potential appointment of Heckingbotham persuaded the Board to go for a more 'acceptable' name?
(the 16 months ago......bit is irrelevant to the previous and current appointments)

Agree, think it’s OK to criticise.
The timing does seem strange, the new man has only been here a short time.
We don’t know what’s gone off. Maybe PA has criticised SJ for under achieving and they‘ve had a big argument with insults thrown in both directions.
So like the Wilder situation their relationship becomes untenable.

I’m not that bothered about SJ leaving, he rarely showed any emotion, had zero personality and seemed the wrong fit for the club.

Appointing Slav was a sign of ambition, going for (on paper) a top manager.

Appointing Heggy, is the opposite, on paper it appears to be the cheap option.
However Heggy’s CV regards his knowledge of SUFC and the players is top class.
He was here when Wilder was manager and will have experienced and learnt what he did right and what he did wrong.
Heggy also knows about Slav’s methods, why it’s not working and what can be done to improve the players.

Heggy always said last season he’s not interested in the SU manager job….but now I reckon he’s seen so much…that he fancies his chances.
I think given where we are - potless - this appointment makes sense.

But knowing the players goes so far - There’s too much shite now, and having knowledge of that doesn’t help much. We don’t have the means to address it.

The most disappointing thing, for me, is the confirmation (by this appointment) of where we’re at.

The “Concentrating on youth” line would have drilled the final nail in the coffin, if there were any left to knock home.

Not a disgrace at all

It`s truly unbelievable what's happening and has happened at the club since first lockdown.

As someone else has said it's not Heckingbottom but the whole bigger picture .

I also believe that we are totally rudderless above the manager and run by people who have no clue whatsoever in how to run a successful football club
Or how to run one that's unsuccessful

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
Hes been a fucking wet blanket in 11 games. He's fucking shit.

Agree, think it’s OK to criticise.
The timing does seem strange, the new man has only been here a short time.
We don’t know what’s gone off. Maybe PA has criticised SJ for under achieving and they‘ve had a big argument with insults thrown in both directions.
So like the Wilder situation their relationship becomes untenable.

I’m not that bothered about SJ leaving, he rarely showed any emotion, had zero personality and seemed the wrong fit for the club.

Appointing Slav was a sign of ambition, going for (on paper) a top manager.

Appointing Heggy, is the opposite, on paper it appears to be the cheap option.
However Heggy’s CV regards his knowledge of SUFC and the players is top class.
He was here when Wilder was manager and will have experienced and learnt what he did right and what he did wrong.
Heggy also knows about Slav’s methods, why it’s not working and what can be done to improve the players.

Heggy always said last season he’s not interested in the SU manager job….but now I reckon he’s seen so much…that he fancies his chances.
I’ll try to be positive. When Hecky was last in charge he tried to carry on what a wilder did and got a couple of wins against creams on their holibobs. Maybe the longer contract will give him the confidence to impose his own brand of football. We live in hope, rather than expectation.

Someone else commented Hecky signed a new deal this summer in his U23 role, presumably he would demand a long term offer, even with a pay rise why would he go for the top job if it was a 12 month rolling deal
Yeah especially if his task is as monumental as it sounds. “Run the club for us hecky cheers”

Assume you must be a teenager supporting us a few years.

The owner is massively ambitious and his sacking of Slav (at great expense) shows he want accept failure.
This squad is arguably better than the one that got promoted under Wilder…so we are currently massively under achieving.

It takes a big man to change direction…..will be interesting to see if the new manager results in an improvement.
The squad isn’t better - not by a mile. It’s the same players who have peaked, with additions where frankly been shite.

The prince may be “ambitious”, but so am I. The problem is we’re similar on the wealth scale too.

I’ll put money if the issue being Slav demanding money as he’s recognised the mediocrity, and the board hence going for the cheap option that got a nosebleed at the first mention of a contract.

Last edited:
Yeah especially if his task is as monumental as it sounds. “Run the club for us hecky cheers”
Spent years working as a contractor, saw numerous guys jump ship for a couple quid an hour more, only to find the contract was shorter than the one they left, been better staying put, if it did last, when it came to an end, they were back at square one living on their savings till they got back on the next 'wave'

Well - I can’t say whether I think this will be great or not, because I have no opinion. Based on my observations, the only game that I saw live under Heckingbottom was the Burnley game, and we were at least as good as anything this season.

When Slav was appointed I was excited, because I was at the Fulham 5-4, and I imagined every week like that - win or lose we’ll try to outscore you. I’ve watched every minute of Slav’s tenure, live at home and on TV or streams away, culminating in listening to the Reading commentators discussing Bake-off because they were so bored.

I won’t have an opinion on this appointment until 10 games in. The contract length is irrelevant, as he was already contracted that long anyway.

My one hope is that Jebbison is recalled - as the balls that he showed means that he is far more ready for “men’s football” than most of the cowards and egotistical mannequins that we have spent a fortune on.

So - let’s see where we are at the end of January - this is a no- lose appointment. If it doesn’t work, I’m sure he’ll happily go back to the 23’s and we’ll try something else.

Magic can sneak in and surprise you when you least expect it.

The boards concerning at the minute I must admit. Hopefully they back up their talk of ‘the long term plan’. I might be in the minority but don’t think PH is a bad choice because players are on long deals PH knows them knows the preferred system and knows the youth. SJ is a good manager but came to us at the worst possible time after CW and the hangover from last season his style and tactics with this squad was never going to succeed in quick succession.

Back Paul forget Slav fuck the board.

Sound about right.

The squad isn’t better - not by a mile. It’s the same players who have peaked, with additions where frankly been shite.

The prince may be “ambitious”, but so am I. The problem is we’re similar on the wealth scale too.

I’ll put money if the issue being Slav demanding money as he’s recognised the mediocrity, and the board hence going for the cheap option that got a nosebleed at the first mention of a contract.
I have been thinking the same as you mate. Is it a me who over thinks things through ? but it was just last week when Slav gave the board his wish list for the January sales. Did they promise him money to spend when he took the job? only to welch on their promise? , Have they got rid of him to avoid a show down when they tell him there is no way he can sign anyone? Hope not but i have an uneasy feeling why we would get rid of him before he has a chance to change things in his first transfer window.

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
You'll probably get your way when thousands of fans don't bother going to matches.
Unconvinced that will make the club better off as you claim though.

Just wait till lunchtime on Sunday at the ground....

Back
Top Bottom