Some fans on here are a disgrace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
Ok Bettis.

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.

I think people are more annoyed at the board for how this has been handled than an Hecky personally - most agree he seems a nice bloke but not really management material. I’m happy to give him a chance but Heckingbottom on a 4 year deal with McCall and Lester supporting doesn’t exactly scream ambition.

I was positive about Slav turning it around but now I've flipped to become a Negative Nellie. Still, it's not all doom and gloom as I'm always wrong - as Mrs Bon II will happily attest.

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.

On more than one occasion when he was asked last year Hecky turned down or refused to even say be was interested and wanted to go back to the U23s

It’s been a Sheffield supporter trait for decades.

Owls tend to be positive, verging on arrogant with their big thinking and ideas of self importance.
Blades tend to be negative, we belittle our own club, kind of revel in under achieving and always assume the worse.

It‘s social media that highlights it and makes it seem even worse.
However regards social media and even the national media reality csn tend to be quite boring
so it’s become very fashionable to exagerrate eveything.

You can get some supporters will think the club is now in crisis and we’re heading for the National League.

He's not technically a 'new' manager though is he? Just a recycled one who's been wheeled out again.

It's not about being negative, what was the point of the Slav appointment in the first place?
We are in a mess pal.

Assume you must be a teenager supporting us a few years.

The owner is massively ambitious and his sacking of Slav (at great expense) shows he want accept failure.
This squad is arguably better than the one that got promoted under Wilder…so we are currently massively under achieving.

It takes a big man to change direction…..will be interesting to see if the new manager results in an improvement.

Not a disgrace at all

It`s truly unbelievable what's happening and has happened at the club since first lockdown.

As someone else has said it's not Heckingbottom but the whole bigger picture .

I also believe that we are totally rudderless above the manager and run by people who have no clue whatsoever in how to run a successful football club

The owner is massively ambitious and his sacking of Slav (at great expense) shows he want accept failure.
This squad is arguably better than the one that got promoted under Wilder…so we are currently massively under achieving.

It takes a big man to change direction…..will be interesting to see if the new manager results in an improvement.
What was " the expense " you quote.?

He's not technically a 'new' manager though is he? Just a recycled one who's been wheeled out again.

He was a stop gap option last year with zero intention of being appointed.
At least Higginbottam has plenty of insider knowledge, he‘ll have an insight regards why Wilder and Knill were successful.
He’ll have seen why it went downhill and he’s also seen the effect that Slav had.

So Higginbottam is probably the most qualified and most experienced man in football regards the internal ranglins at our club.

I always start off optimistic when we have a new leader….will be interesting to see how he does, still plenty of time to climb up the league yet.

What was " the expense " you quote.?

Slav and his backroom team were all under contract….so that contact still needs to be paid to them.
Unless a deal is done where they accept a lower amount but are then allowed to take other employment.

"if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up"
jesus, what a bootlicker. you don't get extra loyalty points for refusing to be critical of stupid decisions.

If we end up swapping places with the pigs. It certainly won't be due to the fans. The players have been garbage for two years nearly.

I wish I was a teenager, I agree we need to give Hecky a chance and he has my full support, but my point was PA took forever to appoint Slav and the board was never going to fund the players Slav wanted to bring in, so we ended up where we are now.
What was the point in the experiment?
Should have given to Hecky to begin with.
But I stand by we are in a bit of a pickle.

He was a stop gap option last year with zero intention of being appointed.
At least Higginbottam has plenty of insider knowledge, he‘ll have an insight regards why Wilder and Knill were successful.
He’ll have seen why it went downhill and he’s also seen the effect that Slav had.

So Higginbottam is probably the most qualified and most experienced man in football regards the internal ranglins at our club.

I always start off optimistic when we have a new leader….will be interesting to see how he does, still plenty of time to climb up the league yet.
add in McCalls experience at the club under Warnock, semi finals etc, Lesters ability, record and knowledge of the youth teams, clear indication of, if your good enough there is a path to the first team.

And tge same people that will complain thats rubbish were and are the same people who complained Jebbison was loaned, Seriki sent to Beerschott and Bunt/Slater not given chances

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. My opinion is this is totally the wrong choice and it smacks of a complete lack of ambition, and getting a yes man in to do the job on the cheap. We've been here before under the previous owner. But I hope to be proven wrong.

Slav and his backroom team were all under contract….so that contact still needs to be paid to them.
Unless a deal is done where they accept a lower amount but are then allowed to take other employment.
Yeah but you dont know what the contract(s) were in terms of length, money, pay=offs etc but said " great expense."? So how much.?

suspect there were clauses in their contracts linked to league position, or points over a time period.

Get behind the same team thats lacked leadership, bollocks, ability and athleticism for over 2 years??? Rather not TBH. Will be zero positive developments around this Scam Club until a miracle owner appears.

I think when you read posts, that most people are being quite reasonable when it comes to Heckingbottom, however a four and a half year contract, really? That raises no concerns for you at all?

I think however, people are understandably fucked off with the utterly awful direction we are appearing to be heading. Did you watch the press conference? It was a shambles. If anybody feels remotely confident after that utter shit show, then I will quite happily take whatever the hell they're taking.

But aye... shut the fuck up and clap away.

I wish I was a teenager, I agree we need to give Hecky a chance and he has my full support, but my point was PA took forever to appoint Slav and the board was never going to fund the players Slav wanted to bring in, so we ended up where we are now.
What was the point in the experiment?
Should have given to Hecky to begin with.
But I stand by we are in a bit of a pickle.
Wish we were only in a bit of a pickle - we are self imploding in front of our very eyes , second by second.

"if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up"
jesus, what a bootlicker. you don't get extra loyalty points for refusing to be critical of stupid decisions.

Agree, think it’s OK to criticise.
The timing does seem strange, the new man has only been here a short time.
We don’t know what’s gone off. Maybe PA has criticised SJ for under achieving and they‘ve had a big argument with insults thrown in both directions.
So like the Wilder situation their relationship becomes untenable.

I’m not that bothered about SJ leaving, he rarely showed any emotion, had zero personality and seemed the wrong fit for the club.

Appointing Slav was a sign of ambition, going for (on paper) a top manager.

Appointing Heggy, is the opposite, on paper it appears to be the cheap option.
However Heggy’s CV regards his knowledge of SUFC and the players is top class.
He was here when Wilder was manager and will have experienced and learnt what he did right and what he did wrong.
Heggy also knows about Slav’s methods, why it’s not working and what can be done to improve the players.

Heggy always said last season he’s not interested in the SU manager job….but now I reckon he’s seen so much…that he fancies his chances.

Back
Top Bottom