Some fans on here are a disgrace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, but I dare bet he can read club statements.

We had the same training facilities when we got promoted from L1, the very same when we got promoted to the PL the same when we finished ninth.

Part of the issue re moving to Norton, is the cost and procedures dealing with a brown field site, the investigation and subsequent actions required regarding whats required if its contaminated, also apparently a parcel of land there, belongs to the Council, who acquired it via the Government for next to nothing (ex NHS land)
Add in all that and its hardly surprising its taken a while

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.

Oh I'm sorry.

It's all fucking great...ode to joy...
La la la......

images.jpeg-7.jpg

The negativity of some Blades on this forum are an absolute disgrace to the club that they claim to support.
We have a new manager, get behind him and the team, if you don't have anything positive to say then shut the fuck up. The club will be better off without you.
At least give him a chance, if he fails to turn it around then you have the right to come on here and slag him off. To give him such a slating so soon after his appointment is just bollocks. The club needs it supporters to get behind the manager and players, if this diatribe continues we will end up swopping places with the shite from s6.
OK Abdullah

They'll be paying Heckingbottom three eighths of fuck all anyway. And maybe given him a company Ford Focus instead of his Vauxhall Corsa. Same for McCall, Lester etc. Getting rid of them when they crash and burn will only mean emptying the 10ps out of the leccy meter.
The big problem we have is the wages and unsaleability ('cos they're all absolute shite and on huge wages) of Berge, Mousset, Mcburnie and Brewster. In those 4 names, I think we have the root of our problem. Don't know how we're going to solve it I'm afraid........

He was a stop gap option last year with zero intention of being appointed.
At least Higginbottam has plenty of insider knowledge, he‘ll have an insight regards why Wilder and Knill were successful.
He’ll have seen why it went downhill and he’s also seen the effect that Slav had.

So Higginbottam is probably the most qualified and most experienced man in football regards the internal ranglins at our club.

I always start off optimistic when we have a new leader….will be interesting to see how he does, still plenty of time to climb up the league yet.
Danny?

Fucking hell, it gets worse? He’s never got a good word to say about us. Ridiculous appointment! 😤

You're blaming the fans for the board and owners complete and utter ineptitude?

I think when you read posts, that most people are being quite reasonable when it comes to Heckingbottom, however a four and a half year contract, really? That raises no concerns for you at all?

I think however, people are understandably fucked off with the utterly awful direction we are appearing to be heading. Did you watch the press conference? It was a shambles. If anybody feels remotely confident after that utter shit show, then I will quite happily take whatever the hell they're taking.

But aye... shut the fuck up and clap away.
I

No the four years doesnt concern me, because like every contract there will be breaks or clauses included

It’s been a Sheffield supporter trait for decades.

Owls tend to be positive, verging on arrogant with their big thinking and ideas of self importance.
Blades tend to be negative, we belittle our own club, kind of revel in under achieving and always assume the worse.

It‘s social media that highlights it and makes it seem even worse.
However regards social media and even the national media reality csn tend to be quite boring
so it’s become very fashionable to exagerrate eveything.

You can get some supporters will think the club is now in crisis and we’re heading for the National League.
Warnock was spot on with Radio Sheffield . Praise or Blade. He knew the score.

You're blaming the fans for the board and owners complete and utter ineptitude?

No. He's pissed that supporters have the fucking temerity not to share his evidence-free optimism, that in the face of 18 months of steady decay and embarrassing Premier League failure followed by farcical uselessness in the league below.

How dare we.

pommpey

Don't think the hostility is towards Heckingbottom, more towards the direction that the club is heading and it's ambitions.

16 months ago we were on the verge of qualifying for European football. Fast forward to today and we've just appointed our under 23's manager who wasn't deemed good enough to have the job full time 6 months ago, on a 4.5 year contract.
He may have insisted on a 4/5 year contract , to see the fruits of his Labour's in the under 23's come through . Let's at least be positive.

I think people are more annoyed at the board for how this has been handled than an Hecky personally - most agree he seems a nice bloke but not really management material. I’m happy to give him a chance but Heckingbottom on a 4 year deal with McCall and Lester supporting doesn’t exactly scream ambition.
I think you are right mate ,we have nothing against the man but he was not good enough 6 months ago otherwise the board would have gave him the job but happy to give him the backing he will need just hope the board give him the backing to . We are in a rebuild situation just hope he is given the cash to see it through otherwise it will cost us dear to replace him being on a long term contract and just hope he is the man to rebuild us. Big job

Agree, think it’s OK to criticise.
The timing does seem strange, the new man has only been here a short time.
We don’t know what’s gone off. Maybe PA has criticised SJ for under achieving and they‘ve had a big argument with insults thrown in both directions.
So like the Wilder situation their relationship becomes untenable.

I’m not that bothered about SJ leaving, he rarely showed any emotion, had zero personality and seemed the wrong fit for the club.

Appointing Slav was a sign of ambition, going for (on paper) a top manager.

Appointing Heggy, is the opposite, on paper it appears to be the cheap option.
However Heggy’s CV regards his knowledge of SUFC and the players is top class.
He was here when Wilder was manager and will have experienced and learnt what he did right and what he did wrong.
Heggy also knows about Slav’s methods, why it’s not working and what can be done to improve the players.

Heggy always said last season he’s not interested in the SU manager job….but now I reckon he’s seen so much…that he fancies his chances.
fair enough pal - i somewhat agree regarding the actual departure of slav, i don't think he was ever gonna take us anywhere. i admire your optimism amidst all this, and i hope you're right. but viewing these comments from the chairman (which have apparently since been deleted), and the fact that ph has been given a four year deal, just says to me that this decision has absolutely nothing to do with football. knowing the club does not in any way warrant such a deal, a successful cv or a successful prior stint maybe, but he has neither. i feel like we're about to get stripped to the bone under the management of a compliant yes man.

Attachments

• 20211125_154212.jpg
    20211125_154212.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 30

Following all the negativity I logged on to start a post that was exactly the same.
The players we came down with maybe struggled in the Premier, but we were hampered by VAR consistently, and some inconsistency in how the premiership refs viewed our players compared with the con men of a lot of the more established premier teams.
Slav came in & tried to change the ethos of the team ( virtually the same team that new the Championship and finished second.
In my opinion he has failed to impose himself on our players, plus he has no personality.leaving him incharge until it is too late to make the play-offs is the most stupid thing to do.
Any manager who can come in & is willing to spend a bit of time pointing out to his forwards where the opponents goal is, and instills in them
"if you dont have a shot then we're very unlikely to score" , which is what our U23's seem to do is a step up.
Our players aren't all the problem, and Heckingbottom of all people should know what they are capable of, and their best positions, and can integrate our U23's over a period of time.
I think it is a forward looking appointment, particularly if we can't make promotion this year

and the OP disappears along with the Prince.

He may have insisted on a 4/5 year contract , to see the fruits of his Labour's in the under 23's come through . Let's at least be positive.

Yeah. Pigs might fly outta my butt.

How does 'flirt with or actually get relegated this season and rewind to out productive selves of ten years ago so that he's facing the boot and a payoff within three seasons, with basically the same fucking team? Billy still playing, of course ... '

pommpey

Where’s your the owners a disgrace thread? Straight in on a rant against fans, while we have that blagger ruining the club and appointing a yes man? Clap away while the club goes to pot.

Hecky is not the man for the job, let’s be right I doubt he would ever have got another managers job if he hadn’t got his feet under the table here. But I’ll back him and cheer them on all the same.

One thing is for certain though the fans should be demonstrating at every opportunity to get this regime as far away from Bramall Lane as possible because the future is looking very bleak.

Assume you must be a teenager supporting us a few years.

The owner is massively ambitious and his sacking of Slav (at great expense) shows he want accept failure.
This squad is arguably better than the one that got promoted under Wilder…so we are currently massively under achieving.

It takes a big man to change direction…..will be interesting to see if the new manager results in an improvement.
Don't be so fucking condescending, age and how long I've been a Blade has nothing to do with it. On paper this squad should be playing better than they are and Heckingbottom might just be the right man to get the best out of them. He should also know how many of our youngsters are really capable of making it in the first team.
Oh by the way, since 1968.

Agree, think it’s OK to criticise.
The timing does seem strange, the new man has only been here a short time.
We don’t know what’s gone off. Maybe PA has criticised SJ for under achieving and they‘ve had a big argument with insults thrown in both directions.
So like the Wilder situation their relationship becomes untenable.

I’m not that bothered about SJ leaving, he rarely showed any emotion, had zero personality and seemed the wrong fit for the club.

Appointing Slav was a sign of ambition, going for (on paper) a top manager.

Appointing Heggy, is the opposite, on paper it appears to be the cheap option.
However Heggy’s CV regards his knowledge of SUFC and the players is top class.
He was here when Wilder was manager and will have experienced and learnt what he did right and what he did wrong.
Heggy also knows about Slav’s methods, why it’s not working and what can be done to improve the players.

Heggy always said last season he’s not interested in the SU manager job….but now I reckon he’s seen so much…that he fancies his chances.
Heggy?

I wonder what the board expected from the manager who was not given a penny to sign anyone other than loans when it was obvious the team was crying out for investment. I wonder if the new manager will be expected to work miracles with a empty wallet?

Truth is we don't really know until we've played a few games. But it smacks to me of someone getting in Prince Bog Roll's ear, and whispering shite about 'the Sheffield United way' and 'having the Blades DNA' etc. Because Hecky, McCall and Lester all fit the bill on that sort of twaddle. Just surprised we didn't take on Warnock and Bassett as 'advisors'....(could still happen). Anybody know where John Harris is buried?

Yeah. Pigs might fly outta my butt.

How does 'flirt with or actually get relegated this season and rewind to out productive selves of ten years ago so that he's facing the boot and a payoff within three seasons, with basically the same fucking team? Billy still playing, of course ... '

pommpey

I genuinely thought Slav might achieve something and thought we needed someone with a big character to have any effect not just on the relegated/hung over players, but fill the void CW left.

In truth its not worked and like with most underperforming teams its probably six of one and half a dozen of the other, not entirely Slavs fault not entirely the players and not entirely training facilities or the hole in the roof.

Bringing someone in from outside, Farke or Alex Niel, is/was always going to be a risk, and gamble that their system, personality or style would fit, and they wouldn't demand whole sale changes to play 442 or 532, when we have now spent four years? Prioritising 3 at the back through every age group.

Heckingbottom Lester, McCall all know the club and importantly what the supporters demand, hard work, effort and pride in wearing the shirt, as for the length of contract, I don't for one minute Hecky demanded it or made it a condition of him taking the job on, he doesn't have the ammo to fire those kind of big demands. I do think its a massive vote of confidence in him and L & M, I also think its carefully constructed with the appropriate 'fine print' with certain clauses included.

Following all the negativity I logged on to start a post that was exactly the same.
The players we came down with maybe struggled in the Premier, but we were hampered by VAR consistently, and some inconsistency in how the premiership refs viewed our players compared with the con men of a lot of the more established premier teams.
Slav came in & tried to change the ethos of the team ( virtually the same team that new the Championship and finished second.
In my opinion he has failed to impose himself on our players, plus he has no personality.leaving him incharge until it is too late to make the play-offs is the most stupid thing to do.
Any manager who can come in & is willing to spend a bit of time pointing out to his forwards where the opponents goal is, and instills in them
"if you dont have a shot then we're very unlikely to score" , which is what our U23's seem to do is a step up.
Our players aren't all the problem, and Heckingbottom of all people should know what they are capable of, and their best positions, and can integrate our U23's over a period of time.
I think it is a forward looking appointment, particularly if we can't make promotion this year
And he will know what youngsters we will be able to sell for a few quid .

It’s been a Sheffield supporter trait for decades.

Owls tend to be positive, verging on arrogant with their big thinking and ideas of self importance.
Blades tend to be negative, we belittle our own club, kind of revel in under achieving and always assume the worse.

It‘s social media that highlights it and makes it seem even worse.
However regards social media and even the national media reality csn tend to be quite boring
so it’s become very fashionable to exagerrate eveything.

You can get some supporters will think the club is now in crisis and we’re heading for the National League.
Mate. We ARE in crisis. Anybody who thinks different need to give their heads a fucking wobble

Hmmmm....Mccall and Lester. One is the last great player Scotland (via Bradford) ever produced. The other is a lad who could smack 'em in in leagues outside the prem. How old are they now, and could they still dig that old pair of Adidas Fuckface boots out from the back of the garage?
I think we should be told.....

Reactions: Dkc
Just one thought, is it possible that the established players wanted Heckingbottom all along and were disappointed when he wasn't given the job at the end of last season. Could Billy, Egan, Bash etc have got into Bettis and persuaded him that this would be the right appointment. Perhaps the way we play on Sunday may give an indication if our players had downed tools because they didn't like SJ.

virtually the same team that new the Championship and finished second.
I keep seeing people saying this or something similar and it does my head in. That was 3 years ago. The team had just been promoted with 100 points and had a surprisingly successful first season back up. They had a team and a manager all working together as a unit. Everyone was flying, giving 110%, had no fear and we were lucky with injuries. The same players were underperforming at this or a lower level 6 years ago, but no one mentions that.

Look at the team

GK Hendo - Best young keeper in the country 1. Olsen - Swedish No.1 who doesn't seem to want to be here
RWB. Baldock - Had great competition and confidence and fitness through the roof 2. Baldock - no confidence or Bogle defensively suspect
LWB Stevens - In the peak of his footballing career and playing with no fear 3. In his 30s and lost the fitness to play the role of a wingback
LCB JoC - The beating heart of out defence and attack going forward - 4. Davies - Loanee not used to our system and more technical than pysical
CB Egan - The dependable brick. Always there to make that vital block and confident that the players either side of him will cover if he makes a mistake. 5. Egan - Spent a year being found out by world class players in the EFL. Asked to play in a 4 and exposes his weaknesses while having no reliable partner
RCB. Bash - Mr fitness - despite being in his 30s one of the fittest and most determined buccaneers in the squad. 6. Bash - 36 and probably his last season at this level. Not got the legs to get forward and back
LCM - Fleck - In the peak of his footballing years. The potential he's always had finally coming to fruition as he put the work in. 7. Fleck. Now in his 30s and seemingly lacking the confidence and fitness
RCM - Norwood - Just come off a promotion and full of confidence. Dictates play in the middle. The energy of those around him ensuring he has time on the ball. Norwood - Now in his 30s and not got the fitness to do the defensive side. Lack of protection around him means if he's pressed he can't dictate play and panics
ACM - Duffy - Perfect player for the system. An advanced playmaker who links all the other players up - MGW - Talented loanee who is full of flicks and tricks but struggles with the workrate/defensive side of the job and makes poor decisions
CF - Sharp - Third time at his boyhood club. Coming off the back of two great seasons and now with a strike partner he clicks with. Dedicated everything to getting us up. Sharp - Probably in the last season of his career after captaining the team through an appalling spell
CF - McGoldrick - A player who has always been talented but dogged by injuries suddenly hits the form, goalscoring form and fitness of his life CF - McGoldrick - In the last season of his career and no longer has the fitness levels to cover up his frailties in front of goal

This is not the same team. It might have many of the same player but these are animals and not inanimate objects which retain the same qualities throughout their existence.

Well said mate

Back
Top Bottom