So…. How many are we taking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many blades to Wembley

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • 25-26k

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 26-27k

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • 27-28k

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • 28-29k

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • 29-30k

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • 30-31k

Votes: 81 16.5%
  • 31-32k

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • 32-33k

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • 33-34k

Votes: 118 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If someone ain’t got over 500 loyalty points, it’s their own fault, not United’s.
But clearly lots of people haven't and they want to go.

If the policy stops kids (even if they are casual fans who've only been to a handful of games on someone else's spare ticket) going then it's not a good policy. It's not in the club's interest to stop these people going. How many times did we sell out in the PL season pre-covid? What are the reasons for this? In my view it's the retarded way in which we sell tickets for high profile games.

I know of a family from Dronfield who are going using other people's customer numbers, the wife is a pig and she says she'll go wearing her pig shirt under a jumper. She can get a ticket, yet little Johnny from S2 can't go because his dad's never taken him to the Lane and bothered to get himself setup on the system, if he does now then he'll not have enough points to go. But Johnny's a Blade and wears a shirt and wants to watch the Blades and has been with his mates a few times. It's completely illogical.

Might be a dumb question this but If you add somebody to your account as a friend but they don't have an account can you purchase a ticket for them using your own points? Is this a way round the 500 point malarkey?

If the policy stops kids (even if they are casual fans who've only been to a handful of games on someone else's spare ticket) going then it's not a good policy. It's not in the club's interest to stop these people going. How many times did we sell out in the PL season pre-covid? What are the reasons for this? In my view it's the retarded way in which we sell tickets for high profile games.

I know of a family from Dronfield who are going using other people's customer numbers, the wife is a pig and she says she'll go wearing her pig shirt under a jumper. She can get a ticket, yet little Johnny from S2 can't go because his dad's never taken him to the Lane and bothered to get himself setup on the system, if he does now then he'll not have enough points to go. But Johnny's a Blade and wears a shirt and wants to watch the Blades and has been with his mates a few times. It's completely illogical.
I wanted to take my 5 year old son who at the minute thinks he is a citeh fan, with me living in Manchester for the last 15 years that’s who his mates support. I am desperately trying to make him see the light and one day when Man City are shite again he probably will and thought this would go a long way to showing him light. I have a plenty of points but will struggle to get him a ticket. Might be a blessing because at the minute he would insist on wearing that Man City shirt in the blades end. I will not give up on converting him until I die.

Might be a dumb question this but If you add somebody to your account as a friend but they don't have an account can you purchase a ticket for them using your own points? Is this a way round the 500 point malarkey?
They’d need to have an account for it to be linked to yours. But no you can’t move points from one account to another or buy a ticket for someone else using your points.

They’d need to have an account for it to be linked to yours. But no you can’t move points from one account to another or buy a ticket for someone else using your points.
Ye I thought as much, just threw me a bit with the email earlier showing you how to add friends/family. I've already got family linked but was wondering if they was hinting at a way round the 500pt mark, just me reading to much into it then 👍

If someone with a season ticket gives it to a pig fan, how is that the ticket office’s fault?

No

Its an eye opener discovering how many dyed in the wool blades have never actually bought a ticket off the club in the last 17 years, or however long the loyalty point scheme has been going.
If we opened it up to everyone who 'really wants to go' then that's way more than 34,000 apparently so you probably wouldn't get a ticket anyway.

West Brom is 150 points alone, so it’s not difficult to get to 500. But even if it’s 10 matches, is that really that difficult to get to 10 matches in the space of the many years between Wembley appearances?

I just think people are being very lazy, they should just sign up and start collecting points.
I think most people's issue with this is, they've got the points, but want to take family with then for the occasion, but can't as some of them don't have the points. If it's to stop City fans buying them why not just be register on system or be linked to someone's account who's got the points? Or if its to make sure the most 'loyal' fans get tickets first, why not do season tickets and members 1st, then 500 points for a day or 2. Then anyone who's registered.

I think most people's issue with this is, they've got the points, but want to take family with then for the occasion, but can't as some of them don't have the points. If it's to stop City fans buying them why not just be register on system or be linked to someone's account who's got the points? Or if its to make sure the most 'loyal' fans get tickets first, why not do season tickets and members 1st, then 500 points for a day or 2. Then anyone who's registered.

Agree...my partner doesn't even like football but has previously come with me to the last semi-final against Hull, the 09 play-off final against Burnley and the MK Dons away game in league 1, we bought corporate tickets and stayed at the Hilton inside their ground. She's been to about 3 home matches many years ago too.

She enjoys the build up to the big events and asked me if she'll be able to come again and we'll make a weekend of it.
So I'm leaving it until late to see how tickets sales are going and whether they'll relax the restrictions.
You would have thought season ticket holders could buy 1 or 2 additional tickets like in the past,

I wanted to take my 5 year old son who at the minute thinks he is a citeh fan, with me living in Manchester for the last 15 years that’s who his mates support. I am desperately trying to make him see the light and one day when Man City are shite again he probably will and thought this would go a long way to showing him light. I have a plenty of points but will struggle to get him a ticket. Might be a blessing because at the minute he would insist on wearing that Man City shirt in the blades end. I will not give up on converting him until I die.
Keep on fighting the fight brother

I emailed the club yesterday to see if my grandfather could use my nieces season ticket to buy a concession (OAP) ticket. I was told no. He was a regular for the first 50+ years of his life.

I can’t believe what im
Seeing tbh. It’s the fa cup semi final at Wembley against the best side in the world and we are actually talking about NOT selling 34k tickets !! My mates got a coach full already and is about to get another because it sold out that quick. Before a tickets been bought ! Ffs Cors we will sell these out. Jesus what’s up with everyone it’s the fa cup SEMI final !! Not selling out in playoffs was bad enough but if we can’t sell this there’s something seriously wrong

I’ve been a reyt mardy cunt all the way through this cup run, hoping we got dumped out at each opportunity. I’ve been adamant that the FA cup will ultimately fuck us up in the league…But, I take it all back. I’ve been thoroughly entertained by our performances in the cup this season and it has shown us what this team is capable of, when we play without the fear of losing.

I can’t believe what im
Seeing tbh. It’s the fa cup semi final at Wembley against the best side in the world and we are actually talking about NOT selling 34k tickets !! My mates got a coach full already and is about to get another because it sold out that quick. Before a tickets been bought ! Ffs Cors we will sell these out. Jesus what’s up with everyone it’s the fa cup SEMI final !! Not selling out in playoffs was bad enough but if we can’t sell this there’s something seriously wrong
I think the trepidation comes from our recent mixed results in the league. If we still had a sizeable lead over Boro, Wembley would be party central for Blades fans. This is SUFC and that awful feeling in the pit of the stomach is never too far away. Of course I’ll be getting a ticket for the semi final, but can you imagine travelling down to Wembley and trying feel happy about it, knowing we were in the play off positions. We, like Man City have got far bigger fish to fry…and the fans know it.

Agree...my partner doesn't even like football but has previously come with me to the last semi-final against Hull, the 09 play-off final against Burnley and the MK Dons away game in league 1, we bought corporate tickets and stayed at the Hilton inside their ground. She's been to about 3 home matches many years ago too.

She enjoys the build up to the big events and asked me if she'll be able to come again and we'll make a weekend of it.
So I'm leaving it until late to see how tickets sales are going and whether they'll relax the restrictions.
You would have thought season ticket holders could buy 1 or 2 additional tickets like in the past,
Email ticket office mate, see what they can do. I was sure our lass didn't have enough points, so I emailed and they got back saying she would be eligible for general sale. We're in same boat, going down for weekend.

Dozy has said, if he gets control before the semi, all tickets are free!!

Taking her to a Wembley semi isn't exactly setting realistic expectations.
Dissapointment and let down with a dash of embarrassment and frustration on the big stage?
Sounds like a decent taster session to be a life time Blade really.

I think the trepidation comes from our recent mixed results in the league. If we still had a sizeable lead over Boro, Wembley would be party central for Blades fans. This is SUFC and that awful feeling in the pit of the stomach is never too far away. Of course I’ll be getting a ticket for the semi final, but can you imagine travelling down to Wembley and trying feel happy about it, knowing we were in the play off positions. We, like Man City have got far bigger fish to fry…and the fans know it.
It’s a longi shot I know but it could be we are celebrating promotion before the semi,during the semi and beyond!

I emailed the club yesterday to see if my grandfather could use my nieces season ticket to buy a concession (OAP) ticket. I was told no. He was a regular for the first 50+ years of his life.
I wrote 3 days ago and havent had the courtesy of a response.

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
How do they currently get tickets? Why haven't any set up an account, sure it takes like 5 mins.

Not disagreeing with the jist of the post, just curious

I rec for every hesitatent fan with wounds of yesteryear, there's tons of new gen fans that will be all over this fixture. Enjoy every opportunity for a day out with blades, can't wait.

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
If they go to games and don 't have accounts then they're doing it for free on other peoples tickets and robbing united of income.

Why should they get the opportunity to pay for Wembley tickets when they don't pay for any others?

Back
Top Bottom