So…. How many are we taking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many blades to Wembley

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • 25-26k

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 26-27k

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • 27-28k

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • 28-29k

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • 29-30k

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • 30-31k

Votes: 81 16.5%
  • 31-32k

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • 32-33k

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • 33-34k

Votes: 118 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wonder if the Man City fans who go to the semi will get priority for the final? To be fair if I was a city fan, I’d probably give this one a miss…Keep my powder dry for the final.
Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if that did count for something, although it’s quite an ask financially to say to fans you must have gone to the semi final to have first priority for the final

The loyalty points system has been in place for 20 years now. Unless you about 5 years old or younger, I struggle to understand how it’s not been possible for any Blade to amass the measly amount of 500 points.

There must be 100k+ fans on the database with over 500 points!

The loyalty points system has been in place for 20 years now. Unless you about 5 years old or younger, I struggle to understand how it’s not been possible for any Blade to amass the measly amount of 500 points.

Agreed I think you get 100 points for just being a member and not turning up to any games. So if you end up at cup games or the odd league game. 500 isn't unreasonable

We have around 22k season ticket holders not all of them will be going to Wembley. however, they must be way more than that on the club's tickets database.
I will be very surprised if we don't sell out our 34k valuation.

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if that did count for something, although it’s quite an ask financially to say to fans you must have gone to the semi final to have first priority for the final
First refusal I suppose.

The club will have to open it up to fans & family with less than 500, if they don’t it will be nowhere near full and a lot of disappointment for blades fans

DIdn't realise there were restrictions for tickets.

My partner has been to the last semi and last play-off final.
She has zero points.
We plan to make a weekend of it, if she can't get a ticket then I won't be gong either
and I've had a season ticket for several years, since the league 1 days.

I genuinely understand restrictions when there are risks that opposition fans are going to sit where they shouldn't.

However in this case, how likely are City going to sell out their allocation, and their excess fans then go and try and buy tickets in our end?

Slim to nil.
I know a City fan and he has seen them 9 times at Wembley in the last few years so may not go to this one. He is going to spend his money on a flight to Germany for the Champions League match v Bayern on the 19th April. Many more may think the same although their fan numbers are bigger than ours. If we ever get to be really successful our fans will be in total meltdown. I think restricting ticket sales to those with just 500 loyalty points will be very limiting on final numbers.

I’m going sat in the royal box with prince William and Catherine

Should be an outstanding day

We won’t sell out 20k at home to Blackburn tells me that
  • Team in the same division
  • Mothers day
  • 12pm KO off on tele
  • Affording all these games

Man City in the SF at Wembley is alot different.

I’m going sat in the royal box with prince William and Catherine

Should be an outstanding day

We won’t sell out 20k at home to Blackburn tells me that
Playing a team once more that you played only a fortnight previous was hardly a glamour tie though was it?

There was more interest in playing Wrexham. Getting teams in the same division, unless there is some sort of rivalry is notoriously boring in the cup.

Actually Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou put it better. Extra marks for the use of bullet points 😉

If you can only buy online, and then you have to print out your own tickets, how much longer before the ticket office closes permanently????

Not much longer Im guessing.
That's the way it's heading. Cashless society (Wembley is completely cashless and I personally can't remember spending cash), e-tickets for gigs and events... As you say, ticket office will become redundant other than perhaps assistance for people who need it. For that, they could stick a phone in back of club shop. Times are changing I'm afraid.

Not everyone suppports the club from birth. Not everyone lives in Sheffield and therefore can only make the occasional game.

That’s two reasons why.

Playing a team once more that you played only a fortnight previous was hardly a glamour tie though was it?

There was more interest in playing Wrexham. Getting teams in the same division, unless there is some sort of rivalry is notoriously boring in the cup.

Actually Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou put it better. Extra marks for the use of bullet points 😉

I’m not sure the quarter finals have always been big games one game from Wembley and all that

If anything it shows the excitement for a semi at Wembley I’m excited for a semi at Wembley but 20k vs Blackburn says we won’t sell out

I’m glad as I’ve gotta wait till general sale to get seats together

• Team in the same division
  • Mothers day
  • 12pm KO off on tele
  • Affording all these games

Man City in the SF at Wembley is alot different.

Don’t disagree with that but 20k is still poor

Tbf there looked a lot more than 26k but the back few rows of the kop were out of action

Not everyone suppports the club from birth. Not everyone lives in Sheffield and therefore can only make the occasional game.

That’s two reasons why.

I’m sure people have reasons why they haven’t signed up for an account with United. But I’ve no sympathy with anyone who’s going to moan they now can’t get tickets for Wembley.

It’s a piece of piss to sign up (or to get someone to do it on your behalf). If anyone is really that bothered about going to the big matches, then just sign up and build up some loyalty points. 500 points is probably about 4 or 5 matches ffs!

Ticket office looking into my zero points as they’ve stated your points do not disappear, so we will see but I appreciate them helping me out as I bet they’re rammed with questions etc at the moment

I’m sure people have reasons why they haven’t signed up for an account with United. But I’ve no sympathy with anyone who’s going to moan they now can’t get tickets for Wembley.

It’s a piece of piss to sign up (or to get someone to do it on your behalf). If anyone is really that bothered about going to the big matches, then just sign up and build up some loyalty points. 500 points is probably about 4 or 5 matches ffs!
But they could have signed up and not have enough points. It’ll be closer to 10 games, as home games are only usually around 50 points.

I don’t know why we are being so precious about tickets that we currently won’t be able to sell. Fair enough if there was 20k available and it was a bun fight for them.

But they could have signed up and not have enough points. It’ll be closer to 10 games, as home games are only usually around 50 points.

I don’t know why we are being so precious about tickets that we currently won’t be able to sell. Fair enough if there was 20k available and it was a bun fight for them.

West Brom is 150 points alone, so it’s not difficult to get to 500. But even if it’s 10 matches, is that really that difficult to get to 10 matches in the space of the many years between Wembley appearances?

I just think people are being very lazy, they should just sign up and start collecting points.

West Brom is 150 points alone, so it’s not difficult to get to 500. But even if it’s 10 matches, is that really that difficult to get to 10 matches in the space of the many years between Wembley appearances?

I just think people are being very lazy, they should just sign up and start collecting points.
But some people might not be able to go to the West Brom game. Not everyone lives in Sheffield, which is why some people might have less than the 500 threshold.

I couldn’t care less if someone is sat next to me at Wembley with 50 or 0 points. It won’t be at the loss of someone with 60,000 points.

But some people might not be able to go to the West Brom game. Not everyone lives in Sheffield, which is why some people might have less than the 500 threshold.

I couldn’t care less if someone is sat next to me at Wembley with 50 or 0 points. It won’t be at the loss of someone with 60,000 points.

The point I’m making is that it’s been 9 years since our last Wembley trip, there is no excuse as to why someone couldn’t amass 500 points in that time.

I couldn’t give a shit what points anyone has, I just think it’s ridiculous that anyone can moan that the club will only sell tickets to fans with 500+ loyalty points.

If someone ain’t got over 500 loyalty points, it’s their own fault, not United’s.

The point I’m making is that it’s been 9 years since our last Wembley trip, there is no excuse as to why someone couldn’t amass 500 points in that time.
This is it in a nutshell.

I have sympathy for the people with Kids who haven`t been able to attend enough games - its precisely this sort of game that could win over new fans and we should be encouraging them to go.

The apparently significant number of 20-30 year olds who attend "loads" of games, but don`t have a Ticket Office account? Quite honestly, tough. You've had 20 years to get an account and start earning points.

Back
Top Bottom