So…. How many are we taking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many blades to Wembley

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • 25-26k

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 26-27k

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • 27-28k

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • 28-29k

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • 29-30k

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • 30-31k

Votes: 81 16.5%
  • 31-32k

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • 32-33k

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • 33-34k

Votes: 118 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
How do they get tickets then?

I genuinely understand restrictions when there are risks that opposition fans are going to sit where they shouldn't.

However in this case, how likely are City going to sell out their allocation, and their excess fans then go and try and buy tickets in our end?

Slim to nil.

A city fan I know who travels all over with them thinks we will take more than them

How do they get tickets then?
For years, Revo Sr would get me tickets on his account when I needed them. I never had a membership or any loyalty points. It was purely for convenience. We were not selling out at the time, so there was no need to bother doing anything else.

I suspect there are a number of people in that situation.

How old must you be not to be able to buy online and print tickets? Ruddy hell, we're not in the dark ages.
How many oldies don't have modern payment cards to buy things inside Wembley. I know a few here that still write cheques and only deal in cash.there must be thousands that don't bank online or still use the post office

I’ve heard of loads not bothering, I personally think it’s a mix of expense, the opposition potentially embarrassing us with some sort of record stuffing ! and the fact we’ve been to Wembley (plus Cardiff and Old Trafford loads in the past 25 years, the novelty has gone.
However, it has been 9 years since and our fan base has undeniably grown considering our average attendances since warnock took over, personally I think 30k.

The expenses has to be a major contributor though, I’m getting a train down and staying Friday and Saturday in a hotel and it’s going to be the best part of £6/700 (granted i like a drink and not everybody does) it’s a lot of money for people with kids/wives with spending habits. Luckily the weathers getting better so people are saving a little more on gas bills though !
The 1 ticket per game and the points situation, for better or worse hinders some of the fans who don’t get to many games, for instance I go to games so that’s fine but when I do it’s usually on my own, this time it would be nice for me to take someone but there’s no chance with the ticket process, unless, they’re struggling to shift tickets and drop the ticket policy.

A city fan I know who travels all over with them thinks we will take more than them

If they didn't think they were going to sell out, why is their ticketing policy for the semi "season ticket holders with x points from these times, if it's not sold out by then we'll make things up at a later date"?

They didn't sell all their tickets against Liverpool last year

The travel disruption for that game was enormous and that was understandable in the circumstances

How many oldies don't have modern payment cards to buy things inside Wembley. I know a few here that still write cheques and only deal in cash.there must be thousands that don't bank online or still use the post office
Not many that go to football regularly I would guess and if they do would probably go with someone younger who could help them with the online stuff.

1. Have a pint/cup of tea/pie/Michelin starred meal/pre packed snap before the game.
2. Watch match.
3. Post match - Options outlined at #1 are identical.

* Top tip - secrete Werthers/Everton Mints/Mars Bar on person pre entry.

Bonus = spend nowt in soulless shit hole.

Our lass hasn't got the 500 points, she's got 400 and odd.. I emailed ticket office and they got straight back, saying she'd be eligible to get a ticket on general sale.. I'd imagine that 500 points will get dropped after a day or 2 on general sale.

The problem with this is even if they drop the 500 points after a couple of days on general sale, it leaves just a few days to buy tickets and making arrangements to get to Wembley with all the spiralling costs that involves.

Did the club put the work experience kid in charge of organising this?

Genuine question - how?

It must be harder these days to attend a match and not be allocated points - how on earth have they attended and not got themselves a Ticket Office Account?
They don't attend every game mate when they do go it's from a friend they know or they just use mine or another lads post code instead of creating there own accounts.

For years, Revo Sr would get me tickets on his account when I needed them. I never had a membership or any loyalty points. It was purely for convenience. We were not selling out at the time, so there was no need to bother doing anything else.

I suspect there are a number of people in that situation.
Exactly this

Gillingham took over 50,000 to Wembley for a play off final

Millwall took around 57,000

The reason,
Tickets were sold, no restrictions, no waiting around.

There are more tickets than our average attendance so everybody that wants to go can go, easily. There's no need for the loyalty points system to be so rigidly applied.

And if people want to slag off daytrippers it shows a very poor mentality,

Daytrippers are the "potential" fanbase, they obviously consider United or Millwall or Gillingham or whoever as their club, but the club hasn't done enough to make them regular attendees.
I have a lot of casual mates who go to probably 1 game or two a season, they dont have a season ticket simply because of work, financial reasons or just plain simply have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Most of em will be going down for semi. They talk more sense about the club than a good portion of our regular s/t holders.
Id also fully welcome spotting a few Chinese in a blades shirt down at Wembley. Can't be a prem contender without having a worldwide fan base nowadays.
Be funny to see a Senegalese fan section like they had at the world cup down Wembley all rooting for ndaiye 😂

More like how many people have printers these days for the tix, ridiculous

I know of 1 ticket that wont get sold, my wife would have gone but she doesnt have an account, she goes to games when my son is working on his ticket, if the club allowed season ticket holders to purchase 2 tickets after a few days of going on sale i would have waited and got them then but instead ill get mine and lads straight away and leave the missis at home

Genuine question - how?

It must be harder these days to attend a match and not be allocated points - how on earth have they attended and not got themselves a Ticket Office Account?
read my post #769 in the

Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko​

thread.

it’s happened before, with our doubt an expensive day out, a lot of City fabs will think this is a pass to the final and will save there money for the final, plus they have to pay for European matches, especially in current Financial Times money is definitely tighter for the majority of families

Back
Top Bottom