So…. How many are we taking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many blades to Wembley

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • 25-26k

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 26-27k

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • 27-28k

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • 28-29k

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • 29-30k

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • 30-31k

Votes: 81 16.5%
  • 31-32k

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • 32-33k

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • 33-34k

Votes: 118 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A city fan I know who travels all over with them thinks we will take more than them
It wouldn’t be that surprising - our first semi final in 9 years, City fans will have been to Wembley more times in the past 9 years than I suspect any team, plus we can’t exactly be described as a big draw plus plus they’re fully expecting to easily beat us and therefore be back at Wembley a few weeks later, plus plus plus they’ve other games around then in Europe etc…

Then they might end up going to Wembley again for community shield etc etc…

Not surprised. You have to buy online and print at home. Great if you have a printer and are comfortable buying online.

Another factor for the older generation!
It won’t be long until it’s ticket on your smart phone only. It is at Watford, but the ticket office were very helpful and sent me a printable ticket once I protested. This sort of thing annoys me, I know I’m in a minority but the assumption that everyone has a smart phone bugs me.

Reactions: BB1
Be interested to know how many supporters have 500 points and have attended a match post lockdown

I bet it's less than 34k

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
Do you think that's their fault for not registering and gaining their own points instead of building points for another person. (Who probably has 50K points but never goes, buys tickets for the points and also club cash?)

I genuinely understand restrictions when there are risks that opposition fans are going to sit where they shouldn't.

However in this case, how likely are City going to sell out their allocation, and their excess fans then go and try and buy tickets in our end?

Slim to nil.

We're one of the most overly cautious clubs going when it comes to selling tickets.

I wouldn't be surprised either way about us selling out, but it will be laughable on the club's behalf if we don't sell out due to the 500 point thing.

This is the club though that fucked up royally over the Forest home leg in the play offs.

If you can only buy online, and then you have to print out your own tickets, how much longer before the ticket office closes permanently????

Not much longer Im guessing.

Our lass hasn't got the 500 points, she's got 400 and odd.. I emailed ticket office and they got straight back, saying she'd be eligible to get a ticket on general sale.. I'd imagine that 500 points will get dropped after a day or 2 on general sale.
More a deterent for rogue man City fans

I doubt many clubs of our size would sell the full 34,000 allocation without eventually opening it up to friends and family of regular supporters who don't have the required 500+ loyalty points. That coupled with the fact that some regular fans are not bothering due to finances and other factors could mean a sub-30k attendance from us. Hope I'm wrong but it looks a crap decision from United.
utb
As long as there's not visible blocks of empty seats I'm happy.

Do you think that's their fault for not registering and gaining their own points instead of building points for another person. (Who probably has 50K points but never goes, buys tickets for the points and also club cash?)
Maybe if we was talking about a limited number say 5k then yes but we have 34k that need selling so in that respect no. I'm not bothered if somebody has been to 1 or 100 games if they want to go to Wembley an support the blades then I'm all for the general sale been a free for all as long as ST & members have had there dibs I see nothing wrong with letting the rest go to which ever blade wants them.

A city fan I know who travels all over with them thinks we will take more than them

Let's be honest, we think city have got one foot in the final already, they'll be saying that they'll save for the final..

It would be an incredible upset otherwise..

Had to take you off ignore to see this and glad i did

Great to see you confirming that you are in fact a pig, and not a Stegosaurus

He's always been a pig, he dances like a fool on this forum for your enjoyment..

Think we’ve already established this forms only a small part of the reasons why some fans are not going. Personally I‘m a kick the cat merchant when it comes to losing and can honestly say my experience of the ‘occasion’ and ‘possibilities’ have always been tarnished with after match misery, even Hull. And don’t get me started on the term ‘plucky losers’….
for a team like us to have managed to get to semis so often is quite amazing

theres plenty of prem teams would love to have got as far as often as we have

It wouldn’t be that surprising - our first semi final in 9 years, City fans will have been to Wembley more times in the past 9 years than I suspect any team, plus we can’t exactly be described as a big draw plus plus they’re fully expecting to easily beat us and therefore be back at Wembley a few weeks later, plus plus plus they’ve other games around then in Europe etc…

Then they might end up going to Wembley again for community shield etc etc…
Wonder if the Man City fans who go to the semi will get priority for the final? To be fair if I was a city fan, I’d probably give this one a miss…Keep my powder dry for the final.

be a sad day when we cant take 34000 to wembley , not like we go every year
families go who never go and the big game following
dont think points will bother anyone if they dont sell out in a week
be in the oh well lets get em sold period

imagine deciding not to go and missing actually winning at wembley for the first time in 98 years
Ffs

Don’t say that 😭

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
Wanted to take my daughter to her first ever game, no idea how I'm going to do that now.

FA cup semi final At WEMBLEY. 640 teams qualified for a place in the cup this season and our club SUFC are in the last 4 wow. If we don’t sell our allocation and ask for more tickets then we must be ashamed of ourselves. So what it’s the magnificent Manchester City upsets do happen and imagine if we did the unthinkable and turned them over I for 1 can say I was there so every man,boy and woman blade get down to Wembley and sing your hearts out for the boys.

I’m going sat in the royal box with prince William and Catherine

Should be an outstanding day

We won’t sell out 20k at home to Blackburn tells me that

Maybe if we was talking about a limited number say 5k then yes but we have 34k that need selling so in that respect no. I'm not bothered if somebody has been to 1 or 100 games if they want to go to Wembley an support the blades then I'm all for the general sale been a free for all as long as ST & members have had there dibs I see nothing wrong with letting the rest go to which ever blade wants them.
I'm not saying the Wembley arrangement is right, I think people should be able to go as a family group as long as at least 1 member has the points. What I'm saying is people should have registered and bought their own tickets in the past and at least reach 500 points of their own.

If we get to the final and/or get to the prem this problem will arise again, including home games. At least make it easier to get your tickets without having to beg and use the sharks.

Stop feeding those who sell on their tickets for points and get your own points. Loyalty points are useless for away matches since there are so many people you will never catch up to but you will at least make it easier to buy your own tickets, and earn yourself a little bit of club cash as well.

It's your own fault if tickets become non-tranferrable. It will come.

for a team like us to have managed to get to semis so often is quite amazing

theres plenty of prem teams would love to have got as far as often as we have
sure. Missing out on numerous defeats like us must be so heartbreaking…bet Newcastle fans must now be sick of the place

Back
Top Bottom