So…. How many are we taking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many blades to Wembley

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • 25-26k

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 26-27k

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • 27-28k

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • 28-29k

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • 29-30k

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • 30-31k

Votes: 81 16.5%
  • 31-32k

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • 32-33k

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • 33-34k

Votes: 118 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
I’ve heard of loads not bothering, I personally think it’s a mix of expense, the opposition potentially embarrassing us with some sort of record stuffing ! and the fact we’ve been to Wembley (plus Cardiff and Old Trafford loads in the past 25 years, the novelty has gone.
However, it has been 9 years since and our fan base has undeniably grown considering our average attendances since warnock took over, personally I think 30k.

The expenses has to be a major contributor though, I’m getting a train down and staying Friday and Saturday in a hotel and it’s going to be the best part of £6/700 (granted i like a drink and not everybody does) it’s a lot of money for people with kids/wives with spending habits. Luckily the weathers getting better so people are saving a little more on gas bills though !

I doubt many clubs of our size would sell the full 34,000 allocation without eventually opening it up to friends and family of regular supporters who don't have the required 500+ loyalty points. That coupled with the fact that some regular fans are not bothering due to finances and other factors could mean a sub-30k attendance from us. Hope I'm wrong but it looks a crap decision from United.
utb

Not sure- I can't claim to be ITK and can't reveal my source but I've heard that ticket sales are terrible at the minute.
Not surprised. You have to buy online and print at home. Great if you have a printer and are comfortable buying online.

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.

why should people worry about getting stuffed

thats ridiculous

its the fa cup , its all about the occasion and the posibilites

not the negative nellies and doom merchants

think of the wigan fans that decided not to go to the cup final as it was a stuffing in the offing

bet there are several feeling a bit stupid even now

why should people worry about getting stuffed

thats ridiculous

its the fa cup , its all about the occasion and the posibilites

not the negative nellies and doom merchants

think of the wigan fans that decided not to go to the cup final as it was a stuffing in the offing

bet there are several feeling a bit stupid even now
Think we’ve already established this forms only a small part of the reasons why some fans are not going. Personally I‘m a kick the cat merchant when it comes to losing and can honestly say my experience of the ‘occasion’ and ‘possibilities’ have always been tarnished with after match misery, even Hull. And don’t get me started on the term ‘plucky losers’….

Those who want to go will find a way, I doubt very much many people are thinking they wont go because we're gonna get stuffed, thats not how football support works however those who are in 2 minds about going may not bother, combo of cost, travel there and back, restrictions on who can get tickets, I'd be surprised if its over 30k, I've mentioned previously I have a number of family members who went to the Hull semi final and would like to go again but unless the criteria of 500 points is lowered or dropped they wont be going. We can debate all day long that they should or shouldn't be entitled to go being a 'floating supporter', that they should have their own customer number etc however if we don't sell out the 34k this should really go to a real 'general sale' - when we get to the final and we get less than 30k tickets then yeah restrictions deffo should be in place ;)

Those who want to go will find a way, I doubt very much many people are thinking they wont go because we're gonna get stuffed, thats not how football support works however those who are in 2 minds about going may not bother, combo of cost, travel there and back, restrictions on who can get tickets, I'd be surprised if its over 30k, I've mentioned previously I have a number of family members who went to the Hull semi final and would like to go again but unless the criteria of 500 points is lowered or dropped they wont be going. We can debate all day long that they should or shouldn't be entitled to go being a 'floating supporter', that they should have their own customer number etc however if we don't sell out the 34k this should really go to a real 'general sale' - when we get to the final and we get less than 30k tickets then yeah restrictions deffo should be in place ;)
be a sad day when we cant take 34000 to wembley , not like we go every year
families go who never go and the big game following
dont think points will bother anyone if they dont sell out in a week
be in the oh well lets get em sold period

imagine deciding not to go and missing actually winning at wembley for the first time in 98 years

Gillingham took over 50,000 to Wembley for a play off final

Millwall took around 57,000

The reason,
Tickets were sold, no restrictions, no waiting around.

There are more tickets than our average attendance so everybody that wants to go can go, easily. There's no need for the loyalty points system to be so rigidly applied.

And if people want to slag off daytrippers it shows a very poor mentality,

Daytrippers are the "potential" fanbase, they obviously consider United or Millwall or Gillingham or whoever as their club, but the club hasn't done enough to make them regular attendees.

Gillingham took over 50,000 to Wembley for a play off final

Millwall took around 57,000

The reason,
Tickets were sold, no restrictions, no waiting around.

There are more tickets than our average attendance so everybody that wants to go can go, easily. There's no need for the loyalty points system to be so rigidly applied.

And if people want to slag off daytrippers it shows a very poor mentality,

Daytrippers are the "potential" fanbase, they obviously consider United or Millwall or Gillingham or whoever as their club, but the club hasn't done enough to make them regular attendees.
wednesday have got 10k daytrippers and make it 20k when they play at wembley or cardiff

Saw a clip from the City v Liverpool semi last season and judging by the amount of empty seats in the City end I think we could sell 25K and still outsell the opposition....there will be plenty of City fans give this a miss such will be their expectancy of getting to the final....could be the lowest semi-final attendance for years!

I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets.
Genuine question - how?

It must be harder these days to attend a match and not be allocated points - how on earth have they attended and not got themselves a Ticket Office Account?

Saw a clip from the City v Liverpool semi last season and judging by the amount of empty seats in the City end I think we could sell 25K and still outsell the opposition....there will be plenty of City fans give this a miss such will be their expectancy of getting to the final....could be the lowest semi-final attendance for years!
Plus potentially for them a European final to factor in…

I'm not going to the final as I'm on holiday as I didn't realise English football season carried on into June ....I'll be there for the semi though condensing all my support and drinking for the semi and final into just the semi.

I think the fact u need 500pts just to get a ticket for the casual fans will impact the figures unless they quash that idea. I've got 6 mates who go to games but don't have points or accounts that are now wondering how there going to get tickets. General sale should be exactly that non of this 500 points crap.
If your mates go to games, how have they not got 500 points?

Back
Top Bottom