CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only 2 for me ,Howe and this guy hope PA has an alias on this forum and reads our recommendations
Trouble is I hope Bettis isn't trying the nepotism route with his mate tindall ( is it just me or does anyone else think he has one of those faces you want to slap 😜)

Only 2 for me ,Howe and this guy hope PA has an alias on this forum and reads our recommendations
Trouble is I hope Bettis isn't trying the nepotism route with his mate tindall ( is it just me or does anyone else think he has one of those faces you want to slap 😜)
Bettis also knows Howe pretty well by all accounts so that could work in our favour.

I understand previous posters saying not to get our hopes up as we'll be more disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I can't help it, reading the above especially interviews and quotes from Fulham and Watford fans I'm getting quite excited about this guy.
My choice in order will be
1. Jokanovic
2. Howe
3. Cooper

I understand previous posters saying not to get our hopes up as we'll be more disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I can't help it, reading the above especially interviews and quotes from Fulham and Watford fans I'm getting quite excited about this guy.
My choice in order will be
1. Jokanovic
2. Howe
3. Cooper
those 3 are spot on i think anybody who comes in apart from one of these 3 guys will be a dissapointment unless its a suprise name that crops up

but we had plenty of managers with big reputations who sound good only to crash & burn

Bryan Robson, Micky Adams, David Weir, Nigel Adkins
Bit none of them have gone 2/2 in taking a team to the Premier League with nil failures in England as a backdrop.

Bit none of them have gone 2/2 in taking a team to the Premier League with nil failures in England as a backdrop.
true but its nothing against the guy & i think he could be a brilliant appointment but it was probably the only good piece of footballing advice that my family who i go with have said. "ill judge after 10 games"

because Robson had take a club to 3? domestic finals, come off doing the great escape with west Brom. Adams had been doing miracles at port vale & on paper no different to wilder. Weir was assistant to Walter Smith & talked up as future national team manager. then Adkins multiple promotions with Scunthorpe and Southampton.

so i as i saying up ive learnt to be not excited until we see results.

Agree. It's all about how they do with us that matters.

Bassett had just been sacked by Watford and Warnock by Bury, for instance.

those 3 are spot on i think anybody who comes in apart from one of these 3 guys will be a dissapointment unless its a suprise name that crops up
Jose will be out of a job if spuds miss out on Europe -he's won the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A, all that's missing is the Championship:confused:

I’m not so sure. I think fans like, in this order
To win
To play attacking football that produces goals.

I don’t think too many really care if we knock it around the back for eight passes before hitting it into midfield, playing it back, shifting across, doing the same in their half, switching it, etc or just play three passes that shifts the ball into the final third, providing what we do leads to goal scoring opportunities.

Whether it’s passing football or direct football, it’s still turgid shit when it’s not working. The most important thing for our long term future is to get back into the PL and if that means signing Nuhiu and launching balls at his massive head, I don’t care and I suspect that deep down, most of our support is similar. It’s just as frustrating watching us keep possession for 20 passes and then Baldock over hits his cross than it is watching us launch it at McB or McG when there’s no fucker near him to pick up seconds.

All this “understand the City and the club” is just noise and nonsense imo. Adkins got on people’s tits because we were shit, not because he didn’t understand the club.
Nailed.

This guy has had a very interesting and successful career if you look into it. Overall career win rate of 53%.

To sum it up :

Partisan — In May 2008, under Jokanović's management, Partizan won the double (league and cup). He was also selected as the year's "Best Coach in Serbia" by the Football Association of Serbia, but refused to receive this award due to Partizan's poor results in the group stage of the UEFA Cup.

Jokanović led Partizan to another double in his first full season, winning the league by a margin of 19 points over former team Vojvodina.

muathong United - In his first and only season, he led the team to the third Thai Premier League title in their history, going undefeated in the process.

levski Sofia - Jokanović replaced Nikolay Mitov as manager of Bulgarian team PFC Levski Sofia. He was relieved of his duties in October, due to poor results, but club supporters claimed that he should have been given time to change things around.

Hercules - On 5 May 2014, Spain's Hércules CF appointed Jokanović as coach until the end of the season, replacing Quique Hernández who had been sacked with the team in last place in the Segunda División table. He only managed one win in his five matches in charge, in an eventual relegation.

Watford - Promotion to the PL at the first time of asking. Before resigning

Maccabees Tel Aviv - Jokanović was appointed as coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv. On 25 August, he led the club to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in 11 years.

Fulham - appointed mid season. Then Promoted via the play off the next. Sacked whilst in the prem.

Al-Gharafa - On 17 June 2019, Jokanović was appointed at Qatari club Al-Gharafa SC.[31] He was nominated for best coach of the 2019-20 season for his work leading the team

That said I was listening to a Sheffield United live thing yesterday and they said his lack of remaining long term at a club might count against him....

And its a yes from me

This guy has had a very interesting and successful career if you look into it. Overall career win rate of 53%.

To sum it up :

That said I was listening to a Sheffield United live thing yesterday and they said his lack of remaining long term at a club might count against him....

The drawback is he will see us as a stepping stone to another job.

The drawback is he will see us as a stepping stone to another job.

But only if he's successful at Utd of course.

Personally I have no issue with anyone moving on to bigger and better things if they given their all for the club during their stay. That applies to management e.g. Nick Cox, players e.g. Berge or managers.

Excellent coaches are easy to find if you're at PL level and particularly have survived the previous season. Our problem is where Chris was incredible was getting lower level players to perform so far above their natural ability. His motivational skills and the way his built the squad mentality was without comparison. Unfortunately it hasn't played out that he could do it continually and it has a limit given our injuries.
If we now take the opportunity to lift the standard of our players and recruitment we just need a good coach to pull the finishing touches on top.
Chris wasn't a finishing touches guy, he was everything so to look replace that is an impossible challenge.
While I'd personally want a coach to stay for 5 years, if we move to a head coach rather than manager setup and we're in the PL, then losing that role isn't as big an impact.

You know who we’ll get don’t you?

Attachments

• 5D4F06FD-3F11-4580-A143-F9CC03D268D4.jpeg
    5D4F06FD-3F11-4580-A143-F9CC03D268D4.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 9
2/1 - this overtaking Brewster + Maupay threads.

Evens (1/1) - tits before the conclusion

At the risk of aiding those odds, I'll post.

I'm just a bit meh about this signing. I'm not sure he's what we need, in that we're likely looking at squad retention (and therefore man management and motivation to reinvigorate spirits) or squad overhaul on a relative budget, comprising of shrewd recruitment from the lower leagues.

I'm not sure either task suits his credentials.

At the risk of aiding those odds, I'll post.

I'm just a bit meh about this signing. I'm not sure he's what we need, in that we're likely looking at squad retention (and therefore man management and motivation to reinvigorate spirits) or squad overhaul on a relative budget, comprising of shrewd recruitment from the lower leagues.

I'm not sure either task suits his credentials.

So what you are saying is get Warnock back?

Back
Top Bottom