CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No contact made by SUFC 🙄

If it’s some tinpot, unproven or mediocre manager I’ll despair.

You won’t, you’ll be delighted over having been proven right in your negative predictions.

You won’t, you’ll be delighted over having been proven right in your negative predictions.

I’ve hardly got a track record for being negative on here. We’ve had a “come and get me” from a proven manager at Champ level. If we don’t do anything about it, that’s a major worry.

If United do make contact, The Star will probably be the first ones they'll inform.

I’ve hardly got a track record for being negative on here. We’ve had a “come and get me” from a proven manager at Champ level. If we don’t do anything about it, that’s a major worry.
We’ve had a “come and make me the best paid manager in the league as my contract is up and it’s gets my profile out there” from a manager who’s been managing in the Middle East and wants to come back to Europe.

The drawback is he will see us as a stepping stone to another job.
You say that, but United would be potentially the biggest club he has managed to date if you take away the recency bias towards Watford and Fulham.

Declaring we've had a come and get me plea... Is taking media gossip very very literally, mate.

I feel far less concerned that we will end up with an ‘Alan Pardew’ type managerial selection under the Princes leadership, tbh.

Every change of manager I can remember has brought with it a sense of foreboding, as we wait for the next uninspiring appointment 😩

The Star reporting on this and pushing the DoF angle, despite the fact that the only direct interview coming out of BDTBL suggests that he's not bothered about a DoF. Makes sense.

I thought that too.

I'm surprised anyone listens to anything from local journalists tbh.

If ever there was a case for local journalists not being trusted by the Club Alan Biggs made it yesterday. Couldn't wait to get in a dig that they were not being talked to yet more than happy to promote CW's negotiating strategy through his own column. Whatever happened to impartiality?

If ever there was a case for local journalists not being trusted by the Club Alan Biggs made it yesterday. Couldn't wait to get in a dig that they were not being talked to yet more than happy to promote CW's negotiating strategy through his own column. Whatever happened to impartiality?
Times have changed and you get the impression some are finding it hard to adjust.

It's OK when you're reporting on clubs in League 1 and 2 or lower because there's little national or international interest.

One or two RS reporters threw the teddies out years ago and with the Internet and social media, clubs aren't reliant on local journalists like once upon a time.

You've seen in recent years how little local journalists have been in the loop about United. Either flailing around with non-stories or often wide of the mark.

Everyone has different opinions but you can see why one or two in Newcastle aren't respected for the way they've carried on and let's be fair, why would the Prince trust our locals considering how the quickly pinned their colours to the mast.

Impartiality doesn't seem to carry the same respect these days.

More about clicks.

The Star reporting on this and pushing the DoF angle, despite the fact that the only direct interview coming out of BDTBL suggests that he's not bothered about a DoF. Makes sense.

One interesting development is whether SUFC remains a tight a ship as it did under CW. I think we should get some more gossip in the press and ITKers on the site...

I thought that too.

On that basis, it is perfectly understandable that the Prince stopped bothering to talk with them - isn't it?

Nixon suggesting it’s Jokanovic’s to lose, so long as he’s not excessive with wage demands.
Howe not seemingly in the running.

NB this is just Alan’s view.

call me a cynic, but I think we are getting sold down the river by Jokanovic, to me it seems more like a 'come and get me' to any other team which is interested, saw the exact same thing play out with the Maupay transfer... from an outsider perspective, if he is saying he'd manage the Blades who've been in a truly abysmal situation, it also signals he'd manage any other team above us.

I'd be interested to hear a reason why he'd come to us over a premier league team? He'll be on a few shortlists this summer including Palace, Celtic and Newcastle's.... he will go to which ever team that doesn't get Wilder/Howe - or abroad to a Europa/CL team

call me a cynic, but I think we are getting sold down the river by Jokanovic, to me it seems more like a 'come and get me' to any other team which is interested, saw the exact same thing play out with the Maupay transfer... from an outsider perspective, if he is saying he'd manage the Blades who've been in a truly abysmal situation, it also signals he'd manage any other team above us.

I'd be interested to hear a reason why he'd come to us over a premier league team? He'll be on a few shortlists this summer including Palace, Celtic and Newcastle's.... he will go to which ever team that doesn't get Wilder/Howe - or abroad to a Europa/CL team
I liked for the first half of the post but I don’t see any of those teams listed being interested in him.
I think we’re being used as a stalking horse, what I don’t know is if there is genuine interest in him from either our board or other clubs in Europe? They didn’t move for him before so what’s he done in his last role to raise his profile?
If it is as Nixon suggests, his to lose, I just hope he isn’t too greedy as we shouldn’t be looking to break the bank for him. £2M/year is stupid money,
To my mind that should be his Premier league wage, although I’d be fine with us making it up to that in the Championship as a promotion bonus. We’re a really good opportunity for someone who wants to rebuild their reputation, and paying daft money straight away means you attract mercenaries and you have nowhere else to go in order to keep them.

Always makes me chuckle when I read “applying the finishing touches”, in the context of a list. What are they doing? Changing the font?

I thought that too.

It's just bizarre tbh.

HRH (speaking to national media) "I want to tell the fans. We are not going to be using a DOF next season"

Local hack - SUFC are going to be using a DOF next season.....

FWIW - If people like Biggs, Shield etc expect that they will get back into the loop after having little digs at the club following CWs departure then they will be sorely mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom