Singing Section at the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm tempted to go in there, purely because I've always wanted to be in the away end for a game at the Lane just to see what it's like from that perspective...

It's a good idea for me. Some like to sing more than others.

However, the problem for me, is that with singing, comes standing. Standing is not permitted, so this will soon be stopped.

Where are the Coventry fans going to sit? Are we presuming there'll be so few of them that they'll cause no bother from the upper tier? It's been a while since away fans were allowed up there...

PS - Daz, I've sat in the lower tier amongst away fans before. It's rubbish. :)

I sat in the away end in the anglo italian cup back in around 95. I think we played Ancona, Bassett was manager and we had a 3 sided ground. So it was crap

Its just a trial, but not a great one as its in the away end, i doubt it'll get the rest of the ground singing

Good idea in principle but may make for a crap atmosphere in the rest of the ground

what a fookin load of bollox!

will cheap as chips be handing out hym sheets ?

get the football reight an BDTBL WUD BE ROCKING !

Fortress my arse ! more like a fookin library. :eek:

The problem is as much an attitudinal one as one of "product". Following United isn't about winning everything. It's a social thing.

If folk could just stop moaning like the bellends on 606, and bring a more wry and humourous approach then matchdays would be much more atmospheric and supportive.

Sat in away end for England U21 game when Naughton debuted last season.

I'm 5 foot 9 and have short legs - and it was a tight fit. If you're any taller than me, I'd advise against the BLLT!

If folk could just stop moaning like the bellends on 606, and bring a more wry and humourous approach then matchdays would be much more atmospheric and supportive.

Just like instead of starting on each other, having a go and seperating perceived groups as better backers of the club... being respectful to all Blades would help a lot.

All I see having a seperate section doing is alienating groups of fans and creating a divide in status, with a section of those deciding to move in there putting themselves on a pedestal.

The theory behind it also dilutes the knock on effect the more vocal may have in increasing the atmosphere on a wider scale.

I really don't buy the "too spread out" or "not allowed to make noise" stuff, it's never been a problem in the past. If people want to sing, they should sing. If people sing, more often than not, those nearby will join in, thus improving the whole area.

Personally, I'll carry on supporting how I always have, but I'm not shifting from my cracking view on the John Street. I've sat everywhere in the ground, but I'm happy where I am at the moment. If I want to make noise, I make noise, just as most of those around me do. Some have the view that the entire John Street is a sanitised kiddy stand these days, I can assure you having sat in the same seat every week since it re-opened, I'm never stopped shouting and swearing at the referee or standing when there's a need.

Will we be requesting singing sections away next?

I have to agree with Beighton on this.

If the club have looked at the support and thought it's not what it used to be. Then instead of coming up with silly schemes like this one, why don't they look at WHY they are quiet, it's because the football is bobbins, so change the manager, problem solved!

Can't say the club aren't listening to fans on web forums though.

Absolutely spot on. They are only trying to generate an atmosphere because the footy's cack!!!
Give us something to cheer about. Considering the drivel we have been watching the atmoshere's not been too bad at home games.

I accept it's not ideal to be in the BLLT, but I can understand the reason. My only fear is that the location of the trial will mean few take it up, and that will then be taken as an indication that no-one is interested.

None the less, it's excellent that the club have listened to people's comments, and I'll certainly be there to show my support for the idea. I fully understand that it's not for everyone, but it doesn't do anyone any harm. Please allow those who want to get behind their team vocally, without annoying those around them who don't, to have their own section to enjoy the game with like-minded people.

It's also obviously true that the poor standard of football has an impact upon the atmosphere, but then, the atmosphere from Blades fans at Peterborough was good despite the performance being dreadful. The terrace effectively created a 'singing section'. Poor performance doesn't have to mean poor atmosphere.

Oh dear. This is quite possibly the most cringeworthy, pathetic thing I have ever heard.

I accept it's not ideal to be in the BLLT, but I can understand the reason. My only fear is that the location of the trial will mean few take it up, and that will then be taken as an indication that no-one is interested.

None the less, it's excellent that the club have listened to people's comments, and I'll certainly be there to show my support for the idea. I fully understand that it's not for everyone, but it doesn't do anyone any harm. Please allow those who want to get behind their team vocally, without annoying those around them who don't, to have their own section to enjoy the game with like-minded people.

It's also obviously true that the poor standard of football has an impact upon the atmosphere, but then, the atmosphere from Blades fans at Peterborough was good despite the performance being dreadful. The terrace effectively created a 'singing section'. Poor performance doesn't have to mean poor atmosphere.

I don't disagree with it. We had H-Block 10 years ago (please please bring it back), why not have provision for another area.

To some extent I sympathise with the spotty teenagers on the back of the Kop. If we provide for families, why not provide for them?

To some extent I sympathise with the spotty teenagers on the back of the Kop. If we provide for families, why not provide for them?

Surely every area that isn't a "family area" is providing for them? I'm not sure exactly what they want? :)

Each to their own like. If they wanna do it I have no problem with it. But from the keyboard warrior-esqe posts I've read from some of its advocates, I can't see it being a very inclusive place to be.

As for whether I'd move... no ta. I don't need to sing to shout myself hoarse at Bramall Lane.

EDIT: Sigh.

Do kids these days really need a "song list"? http://tinyurl.com/yfeq6mv

It weren't like that in my day :nono: What is this game coming to?

Do kids these days really need a "song list"? http://tinyurl.com/yfeq6mv

It weren't like that in my day :nono: What is this game coming to?

Especially when the more recent trend is try and steal as many songs from elsewhere as possible and shoehorn a couple of blades related words or letters in :)

I applaud any effort to improve the atmosphere and the reasoning behind it, but I can't help thinking all it's going to do is divide, hope not.

Heard a number of times recently dialog to the following pattern:

"Why are we singing pig songs?"

"Fuck off, sit down"

I've never heard us sing 'fuck off, sit down' but then again not been away this season [thanks Blackie].

I've never heard us sing 'fuck off, sit down' but then again not been away this season [thanks Blackie].

We haven't sung it. I was saying that how conversation had been going regarding the choice of songs.

"Sit Down, shut up" was however sung every time blackwell stood on the touchline at Peterborough.

If we are to have a Singing Section, then can I please make an appeal for a Library Section? Something like the Quiet Coach on a train. A place for quiet contemplation, gentle whinging - even a bit of sobbing if the game gets that bad.

Above all, let's not get a Blades version of the Pig Band!

Rubbish idea, are they shifting the blame onto the atmosphere now?

Thats how I see it.

Although the club are putting so much spin on the fact they are listening to fans. Wonder if they were listening to the fans at Peterborough the other night.

It's a case of they hear what they want to hear!

Ah let the youngsters have their fun.

I hardly think H-Block was inclusive ...

"YGGYFHKI" :)

Singing section. Groan

Perhaps we could have a shoes off section, a "I wanna swing an inflatable fish around section" and a "Slap your plastic swords together" section.

Seems we have managed to out wednesday, wednesday in the planet of the shite ideas.

I wonder at what point someone will fire a flare into them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom