Shelvey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we were to get any midfielder from Forest it should be O'Brien.

Don't need the baggage that comes with Shelvey and he has form for chucking the toys out of the pram. We should leave him well alone and let him continue to be Forests problem at £70k a week. He can continue to disrupt their squad harmony.

Doesn't really fit with Uniteds transfer blueprint either do I would imagine that this is a strong possibility that it's just agent talk.

Last edited:
He would expect to be in the starting 11 every game and is known to spit the dummy if he isn't.

Good player but depends if we want someone like that coming in.

Wages and potential ticking time bomb.
One of our greatest strengths is how tight our squad is. Too risky which is a shame as at his best he's exactly what we could use in CM.

At 31 surely he doesn’t fit the Blades model unless it’s a loan?

And If we are interested, could this mean that O’Brien interest is dead?

Surely it would only happen if Forest are going to pay him off or loan him to us and pay at least half his wages.

Doesn’t really make sense for them to pay the wages of a player playing for a potential relegation rival.

Huge wages, past his best and a shit attitude from what’s been reported at forest. This would be a disaster of a signing and a real backward step.

We also don’t need him, he’s a similar player to Norwood so why would we be looking in that position? Hopefully it’s just paper and I really hope there is no truth to it.

He is as far removed as the type of player that fits our template as it is possible to sign

I’ve always like Shelvey and always thought he was destined to sign for us. Especially in the Wilder era. But at 31 now, and on the reported 70k a week, I can’t see it.

Back
Top Bottom