Shelvey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He spat his dummy out as he was dropped and wanted to play. At Forest he was competing with too many players. Here he would be a guaranteed starter and a huge upgrade on Norwood, who shouldn't be a starter anymore. We need consistency not 1 good game, 1 invisible game. If wages aren't too silly then it's a yes for me.

????? -- Shelvey -- Berge

We'd just need the Fleck replacement after that and our midfield would look so much better. Starting with 2/3rds of the that took us up four years ago is not progression.
Some more context about this - He came in at Forest as a "guarenteed starter". We went from 20th to 12th in a few months I think prior to his arrival, but CM was always a problem position for us. It wasn't an issue with competing with too many players.

He came into the team and was painfully bad and completely wrecked our momentum. He jogged around like he wasn't arsed most matches & gave away two penalties in about 5 games and then did this:

His game was basically boot the ball forward and completely bypass MGW and in turn it wrecked his form too. Then he was dropped next match and got the hump, falling out with Cooper - a guy that seems to be liked by every player that's ever played under him.

Trust me there is no sugar coating or looking at the positives with Shelvey. He's an absolute tosser and a crap footballer.

Some more context about this - He came in at Forest as a "guarenteed starter". We went from 20th to 12th in a few months I think prior to his arrival, but CM was always a problem position for us. It wasn't an issue with competing with too many players.

He came into the team and was painfully bad and completely wrecked our momentum. He jogged around like he wasn't arsed most matches & gave away two penalties in about 5 games and then did this:

His game was basically boot the ball forward and completely bypass MGW and in turn it wrecked his form too. Then he was dropped next match and got the hump, falling out with Cooper - a guy that seems to be liked by every player that's ever played under him.

Trust me there is no sugar coating or looking at the positives with Shelvey. He's an absolute tosser and a crap footballer.

That's mostly how I saw him as an outsider. He hits the occasional glorious pass but mostly just wanders around with the face on, plus you can guarantee as soon as he starts finding a bit of form he'll boot someone up in the air and get himself suspended for three matches.

NFFC Nick. I doubt your club will be asking you to help them sell the players they are trying to get rid of 🤣

NFFC Nick. I doubt your club will be asking you to help them sell the players they are trying to get rid of 🤣
Even they would struggle to sell a cyanide capsule like Shelvey. Whichever club takes him on will be even bigger lunatics than us. The bloke that signed him here got sacked for it, it went that badly.

I remember the night we signed him, he was at the Forest ground doing the deal before a match - and a couple of hours before kick off he left the ground and drove up to Newcastle to say a farewell to their fans instead. That just about sums up his time at Forest, we signed him on a free and it still feel like we've been ripped off.

Lewis O'Brien who you have also been linked with is the complete opposite character wise, so maybe they could give me a job to try and flog him instead.

Even they would struggle to sell a cyanide capsule like Shelvey. Whichever club takes him on will be even bigger lunatics than us. The bloke that signed him here got sacked for it, it went that badly.

I remember the night we signed him, he was at the Forest ground doing the deal before a match - and a couple of hours before kick off he left the ground and drove up to Newcastle to say a farewell to their fans instead. That just about sums up his time at Forest, we signed him on a free and it still feel like we've been ripped off.

Lewis O'Brien who you have also been linked with is the complete opposite character wise, so maybe they could give me a job to try and flog him instead.

Scab.

Forest are presumably paying Shelvey a fortune as well. In case nobody mentioned this in the last few hours.

I can't see it.
Saudi if Gerrard likes him from Liverpool days maybe.

Wages would be too big an issue. Also doesn't seem to fit the profile of player we are tracking.

I would bide my time until 23:59 on TDD and sign him with NF picking up 95% of his wages.

Back
Top Bottom