Shelvey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He wouldn’t have been top of my list but given our very limited options what are the better alternatives out there

Would have to be them paying the majority of wages if happening

Feel like clubs should play hardball with Forest!

If you’re going to sign 10,000 players and pay them 4/5m a year - you reap the consequences of your scattergun approach when you want rid….

They have no cards to play when it comes to negotiations and thier focus should just be on minimising thier losses not dictating terms . It’s take what you’re given or pay him 70k a week next season.

Same for o’brien - who they treated appallingly too

Forest dont want o'Brian to go to a rival but they're quite happy for shelvey to go to one, says it all for me
I think they wouldn’t want Obrien more due to the price being dirt cheap

If they could get 20 mill for him they would sell him to anyone

Could be a disruptive influence if he did what he did at NF...............Hecky dont want dummy spitters.

Could be a disruptive influence if he did what he did at NF...............Hecky dont want dummy spitters.
He spat his dummy out as he was dropped and wanted to play. At Forest he was competing with too many players. Here he would be a guaranteed starter and a huge upgrade on Norwood, who shouldn't be a starter anymore. We need consistency not 1 good game, 1 invisible game. If wages aren't too silly then it's a yes for me.

????? -- Shelvey -- Berge

We'd just need the Fleck replacement after that and our midfield would look so much better. Starting with 2/3rds of the that took us up four years ago is not progression.

We are literally the best option for his agent to pull out of his arse, the only Prem club that anyone could even conceive of signing Shelvey.

Doesn't fit our clubs recruitment profile and would be a horrifically bad signing. He's the kind of journeyman the pigs will probably sign on loan.

Saw him loads playing for Newcastle, he was a cult hero at SJP, but even in their Championship season only came off the bench, not sure if he was recovering from injury though. Saying that, when he did come on he usually changed the game, good passing, vision and strength. Pretty sure he'd be a useful player to have.

He’s underrated as a player coz he’s got a massive bald head, but a bit of a twat by all accounts

Unless its a free, low wages and comes with a team first attitude...its a no. But to be fair, he can be a heck of a player on his day. I leave it to Hecky and Bettis

He spat his dummy out as he was dropped and wanted to play. At Forest he was competing with too many players. Here he would be a guaranteed starter and a huge upgrade on Norwood, who shouldn't be a starter anymore. We need consistency not 1 good game, 1 invisible game. If wages aren't too silly then it's a yes for me.

We'd just need the Fleck replacement after that and our midfield would look so much better. Starting with 2/3rds of the that took us up four years ago is not progression.
Don't agree he would be an improvement on norwood who is a long term leader in our squad and even if I'm wrong Shelveys wages will be nowhere near worth it.

Forest have made their bed with this one

Unless its a free, low wages and comes with a team first attitude...its a no. But to be fair, he can be a heck of a player on his day. I leave it to Hecky and Bettis
Was just going say that.I’d only take him if it was a free. Wouldn’t pay for him lol

2 years left on his contract at 70k week.
I'd take another delve into the European market for an unknown thanks.

Honestly, avoid. Would be an uninspiring transfer & would waste a PL player allocation.

Also, isn't he on like 60k at Forest?

Some crackers opinions on Shelvey

Just look at the send off he got at Newcastle to show how good he was for them

Would be a top top signing and he can bring Lewis Obrien with him hopefully

Maybe a loan. He gives everything & is a good player. Definitely improves our squad. Perhaps with the option of curtailing in January in case we hit a similar problem as Forest attitude wise.

It would suit him to be the main man, in the middle, and that's what he'd be for us. That would probably avoid any attitude issues arising

Anis ????

Just the 400 prem appearances

Terrible player
And England under 16,17,19 ,21. With 6 full England caps. And only 31?
His attitude 'may' be a problem I don't know, but I'd trust Hecky and his backroom staff to manage him, I'd be happy to have him to be honest

Decent footballer but not clear if he still has it.

On silly money and by all accounts a bit of a dickhead. No ta.

Back
Top Bottom